• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

martyrme19

Words between Bowman and crawford

Rate this topic

So, I know that some jackass reporter from colorado published a book and in that book he wrote down what was being said that infamous night where Bowman squared off against crawfag.
I read it last winter and it's a great book. I didn't think it was very flattering towards the Avs or the Denver media in general. The author paints a Pearl Harbor analogy (waking a sleeping giant) when it comes to the Draper incident. It also shines a not so good light on the character flaws of some of the more infamous Avs (like the fact that Roy may be the only Goalie in NHL history to trash a locker room in a temper tantrum because his team won).

If you're in Michigan, check your nearest Barnes & Noble. I spotted the book on the shelves of ours in the Sports section when I was in there last week.

Edited by Gizmo

I heard the same story, that Bowman didn't follow the bait. Also, I think the name "Crawfag" is kind of offensive and probably doesn't belong on the boards. Not to be too PC or anything, but it's offensive.

f*** being pc. im sick of walkin on egg shells w/ whats offensive and what isnt. im offended that you would find that offensive and i would like u to never say your offended by it again... simply because it would only be pc. :rolleyes::P

borrowed a copy from the library to read. I have to be selective with what books I buy since I move every couple years.

Good book that's mostly unbiased, but goes waaay too far into the history of some players

I got it from Amazon a while ago.... Foreword by Scotty Bowman, a very good read....I loved it.... didn't find it biased towards the Avalanche....

Amazon link only $11.53 now.... I agree with the quote on the back "A must read for any hockey fan" which I believe is Scotty Bowman's.....

I didn't care much for his section on Yzerman because I felt Dater gave Yzerman a poor image in his book.

I can understand a bit of what he was saying about Stevie. Us fans loved him, but I can see how he wasn't a favorite with the media. He doesn't open up easy and has that cold stare.

Remember the times in the 2002 playoffs when the Wings were fined by the League for not talking to the media after games? I bet Yzerman and Bowman told the team to stay quiet until the next day.

I really didn't mind what was said about Yzerman, and Maltby too (complainer, diver, whiner, wears a shield and never drops the gloves, etc.). To many times with our heros we look past their faults and naturally expect everyone to look up to them as well. It's good to get a different perspective sometimes.

I got it from Amazon a while ago.... Foreword by Scotty Bowman, a very good read....I loved it.... didn't find it biased towards the Avalanche....

Same, actually I found it a tad more biased to the Wings.

Dude, I simply meant that it is ironic that we are worried about using curses but that we find it acceptable to use the word "***" which is deragotory. I read this one thread here once about gays in the NHL and was so impressed with how people on this board dealt with that issue. I just don't want people on the board to feel wierd because we use language that offends them. I don't care about being "PC", I just meant that the comment is offensive to *** people. I say curse all you want, especially when quoting, but why use the word "***" in a deragotory sense, even if Crawford is a loser.

Edited by mwinnyatslc

lmao this has been the most sensitive thread ive ever seen. okay no swearing, even if its a quote... and now we cant say crawfag?!? lol this thead is about *** right now. :thumbdown:

Well, if you want to project the maturity of a retarded twelve year old, by all means keep on keeping on. Really, outside of pubescent males who talks like that :rolleyes:

Dude, I simply meant that it is ironic that we are worried about using curses but that we find it acceptable to use the word "***" which is deragotory. I read this one thread here once about gays in the NHL and was so impressed with how people on this board dealt with that issue. I just don't want people on the board to feel wierd because we use language that offends them. I don't care about being "PC", I just meant that the comment is offensive to *** people. I say curse all you want, especially when quoting, but why use the word "***" in a deragotory sense, even if Crawford is a loser.

Ya i get what your saying, a bit ironoic it is. Though I wasn't the one who was asking no one to swear. In fact, i'm a little peeved anyone really cares at all. I just wanna know what the hell was said, i could give two s***s if there were any swear words.

And as a follow up, I'm sure i have to be one of the least PC people around and really I have to agree with the guy a bit above me who said it offends him that people get offended by something simply because it isn't PC. I mean, people seriously need to stop and realize that they cant pick and chose what words offend them. I mean, a guy will say, dont use the word *** cus it offends people. Almost in the same breath he'll throw out a racial remark about a jew being greedy. Then i'm sittin there like wtf? People these days pick like, three things they think is too offensive and yell at others when they say it......but in their every day life they let other s*** slide cus its acceptable and justified in their minds. But then whatever is acceptable to them, isnt acceptable to others.

So what i say is that when i call crawford crawfag, the only person who should genuinly be offended is marc crawford, and no one else. People need to realize that the way humans use language, they use relative meaning to describe a connotation. Now, i actually don't have a problem with gays. I actually have a few *** friends. Sometimes my *** friend tim doesnt something stupid and i say, "Tim, your so *** man." And he laughs and says, "ya, ya i am." Why is he able to shrug it off? cus he's actually smart enough to know that *** has now evolved into a new meaning where "***" can mean anything not cool. Infact, the word "cool" itself in reality means, not cool. but its evolved. and what the hell does he care as long as someone isnt holding a rally calling for every homosexuals head?

so anyone who reads this post, i wish that you can realize that if you stop being offended by words.....the beauty of it is that you'll stop being offended by words.

The profanity is getting a bit out of hand. Certain members need to tone it down. Swearing is allowed to get your point across, and nobody (at least no mods or admin) would object to quoting the profane passage in question. (Just don't make the quote too long, because the book is trademarked material.) Complaining about being asked to stop using the word "***" is not going to win you any battles.

And by the way, Blood Feud is fantastic. If you don't get it because you're worried about an Av bias just because of the writer, you're missing out. No bias here.

Well, if you want to project the maturity of a retarded twelve year old, by all means keep on keeping on. Really, outside of pubescent males who talks like that :rolleyes:

hahaha, this is great cus this proves my point. Here, someone is trying to put another down for using words thay they think resembles an immature young boy. Were they offended? I dunno, sure seems like it by their retort. Yet to express their offensiveness, he called the guy a retarted 12 year old. Now, i'm willing to be that someone on these boards has a retarted 12 year old brother or sister, or cousin or even daughter or son. Now you've probably just offended them. Now, if you do know a retarted 12 year old......how do you respond? do you call this board member ***, or maybe find out what nationality he is and give him a racial remark?

Chances are, after time to reflect, you'll pretend as if your too mature to retort anything negative and you'll say, f*** this guy, he's not worth my time and i'm gonna let him know in a post he's not worth my time and at the same time let him know that if he was worth my time, i would let him know that hes a loser and a jackass but i wont forget to also let him know that im too mature to have him be worth my time.

No, the correct response is that you dont say anything all because the poster above me didnt mean to offend anyone. I bet if this guy saw a retarted 12 year old in troubl, by all means he or she would help. The said poster just knows what the common connotation is that society would have to a retarted 12 year old, and thought it would be a clever put down. The only one who should be offended is the poster of whom he or she was trying to put down.

And as a response to the comment, i would like to say that not only are all of these words used 1000 times in every hockey game by every NHL player.....but these words are also used 1000 times in every hockey game by every NHL player. Oh ya, who's your favorite player on the wings? Yup, he's called someone a *** on the ice. or maybe worse. Unless he's french-canadian. Cus in France, a *** is a bundle of sticks.

But seriously......how can you be a real hockey fan if you let trash talk offend you? Chelios is 40 what now? Do you think he's on the ice, running into guys saying, "Oh pardon me old chap, seems as if you and i keep bumping into each other. Perhaps we could have tea and crumpets later and we could discuss these differences we're having."

na, he doesnt say that. Maybe....MAYBE Datsyuk says stuff like that since he keeps winning the Byng all the time, but thats it.

Now i'm not saying its very classy to swear all the time.....but a little ironic to be complaining about this in a HOCKEY forum? Its like going on a basketball forum and saying, dude.....i shouldnt respond to this cus i'm too tall.

The profanity is getting a bit out of hand. Certain members need to tone it down. Swearing is allowed to get your point across, and nobody (at least no mods or admin) would object to quoting the profane passage in question. (Just don't make the quote too long, because the book is trademarked material.) Complaining about being asked to stop using the word "***" is not going to win you any battles.

And by the way, Blood Feud is fantastic. If you don't get it because you're worried about an Av bias just because of the writer, you're missing out. No bias here.

Gotta agree with what this guy says here. Swear to get your point across, but dont be unneccessary about it.

And also, it seems like there are a lot of positive things said about the book, so perhaps I will look into getting it. When I first heard about the book (it was actually on these forums) it wasn't actually out to the public yet so I've had no idea how well it was actually writtin.

Edited by martyrme19

I have the book. Its actually much less biased than you'd think it would be. Dater does a good job. I can just imagine the travesty that book would have been if Woody Paige wrote it.

Of course, I doubt he can read or write.

Same Woody Paige from ESPN Around the Horn and 1st and 10? That guy writes about Hockey?

Regarding "walking on eggshells" and all that, I too think being PC gets out of hand sometimes too. But I don't think we'd be adding anything to this fine board by spelling out F>>>>>> c>>> or other profanity. We all know what the synbols mean.

It still amazes me how Crawford lost it so badly that day. That's what's made him such a poor coach all this time.

I can understand a bit of what he was saying about Stevie. Us fans loved him, but I can see how he wasn't a favorite with the media. He doesn't open up easy and has that cold stare.

Remember the times in the 2002 playoffs when the Wings were fined by the League for not talking to the media after games? I bet Yzerman and Bowman told the team to stay quiet until the next day.

I really didn't mind what was said about Yzerman, and Maltby too (complainer, diver, whiner, wears a shield and never drops the gloves, etc.). To many times with our heros we look past their faults and naturally expect everyone to look up to them as well. It's good to get a different perspective sometimes.

Same, actually I found it a tad more biased to the Wings.

I like their description of Maltby. Complainer, diver, whiner, wears a shield, and never drops the gloves. Sounds just like a certain Swedish douchebag that used to play for the divealanche.

I heard the same story, that Bowman didn't follow the bait. Also, I think the name "Crawfag" is kind of offensive and probably doesn't belong on the boards. Not to be too PC or anything, but it's offensive.

Marc Crawford is offensive! He's a disgrace to the league. All he does is build up a squad of goons and use them to hurt and injure opposing players he can't beat otherwise.

Crawford and Bowman

Those were the days..... :satisfied:

You see this is why I love the Redwings, they don't take the bait. I mean its like In Calgary, the Flames were practically begging for a fight, and the wings new that they didn't need nor want one, so they just pretty much walked a way nonchalantly. Only when a player actually comes up and literally forces a fight is when the Wings will defend themselves.

Oh and I love how Scotty was pretty much just staring at him, he didn't even say much, he's like "wtf are you talking about? does anyone else here this guy", I really wonder what Yzerman said though.