• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zetter is Better

Marleau for Redden?

Rate this topic

Works for San Jose, thats for damn sure. Nothing against Marleau, but they are in dire need of someone like Redden. The fact that they havent signed any d-men yet makes me think the shopping Marleau rumors are legit, however in this case, i dont see Ottawa doing that..

Works for San Jose, thats for damn sure. Nothing against Marleau, but they are in dire need of someone like Redden. The fact that they havent signed any d-men yet makes me think the shopping Marleau rumors are legit, however in this case, i dont see Ottawa doing that..

Trading Marleau severly hurts their ability to have more than one option in their top 6.

Good proposed deal for both teams. Although, I would say it favors San Jose slightly because Redden fills a bigger need for the Sharks than Marleau would for Ottawa.

After Souray took so long to sign, I thought he would end up in San Jose. They have a crop of talented young defensemen, but a veteran presence like Redden would really be a huge asset.

People are down on Marleau from his poor playoff performance, but his offensive prowess is hard to overlook. Alfredsson broke out of his playoff "slump" with the Senators this past year, so I'm sure Marleau is capable of doing the same. Ottawa would have some serious offensive firepower if they added Marleau.

Trading Marleau severly hurts their ability to have more than one option in their top 6.

I know it'll definitely hurt their forward depth, but its simply a matter of the void on defense being more important. It wasnt good enough last season, and now Hannan is gone so it'll be even worse. Theres a couple pretty good guys in the mix there, but its clearly lacking that #1 guy. And given that i dont particularly like Nabakov, it makes defense all the more important. Neither Markov nor Sutton is a good enough acquisition either. So if they can get a premier guy for Marleau...they almost have to do it...and worry about adding a forward later on.

It actually sounds legit because San Jose needs some defenseman, the Sens need to make some cap room to re-sign Emery and Redden is asking way too much. (I think he wants like 6 million).

Edited by Zetter is Better