• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

Flips #

Rate this topic

He wears 51 because that's what he wore for Jokerit in Finland, not because Josh Langfeld came around and took 15. He requested to wear 51 when he was told that he would stick with the big club last November.

He won't be switching, because he's semi-famous in Finland for being #51.

Guest Crymson

Now that Langfeld has left for pasture's new, does anyone know if Flip will get the #15 as he used that

early in his career and at GR's instead of #51 that he used for the Wings.

He used #41 in Finland.

I highly doubt that Langfeld's number took priority over Filppula's.

Guest Crymson

in nhl 07 he has #41 and i had no idea why.

by the way, when did Langfeld leave?

Langfeld was a UFA this year.

Yeah, I kinda like the 51 too. I've kinda started getting a negative vibe about anyone on the team in number 15. It sorta has bad mojo. Keep 51, I say. :cool:

Did Holmstrom give you a negative vibe? Pat Verbeek? Paul MacLean? Those guys suck!

Edited by Ozzie30

Did Holmstrom give you a negative vibe? Pat Verbeek? Paul MacLean? Those guys suck!

Nah, I was thinking more along the lines of Ray Whitney.

As an aside I never knew Homer wore 15 Why the number change?

Jason Woolley, Ladislav Kohn, Pat Verbeek, Todd Gill, Dmitri Mironov, Tomas Holmstrom, Mike Ramsey,

Sheldon Kennedy, Johan Garpenlov, Brent Fedyk, Paul MacLean, Mel Bridgman, Chris Cichocki, Claude Loiselle

all worn the #15, but I can't recall anyone wearing #51. Anybody recall it being worn before?

As an aside I never knew Homer wore 15 Why the number change?

I belive he gave it to Dmitri Mironov when he joined the team (pretty sure Homer wore it for his first full year, then Mironov came in the next year and he gave it to him, and also probably took 96 because that's the year he made the team :D )

I belive he gave it to Dmitri Mironov when he joined the team (pretty sure Homer wore it for his first full year, then Mironov came in the next year and he gave it to him, and also probably took 96 because that's the year he made the team :D )

I pretty sure that Homer wore 96 due to the year he made the team too. I saw some tape where Scotty Bowman mentions this particular fact, and that if he didn't improve that would be his last year in the NHL as well. I forget which tape though.

I researched this recently and you're correct. Per the 2006-2007 media guide Homer started his 2nd season with #15 and switched to #96 mid-season. Mironov brought over the #15 with him when he was aquired by the Wings.

Also, a bit of team trivia... #15 is the most worn number in Wings history!

Edited by Gizmo

Guest snowman89

i really dont care what number he wears lol i just want holland to lock him up to a 3-4 year deal at 1.75-2 mill deal before he gets a good season in his belt and could demand for more ........i dont know what the hell holland is waiting for

On the "Flip" side, maybe filpula does not want to renegotiate till the end of his contract, what if he gets better he is going to want to maximize, his earning potential, i am tired of people questioning and bitching about Holland, why dont you move do columbus or chicago need i go on, then you'll have an actual beef. With the league more competitive and salaries(sort of under control) and a cap we wont have the jugernaut teams of the past, becides if he signs filpula to long deal and he ends up sucking, you dont have to pay him all that money

plus I found this on the TSN.ca website..... how many years does filpula have left on his contract

RENEGOTIATION OF CONTRACTS

Will Clubs be able to renegotiate contracts with players?

No. Player contracts will not be renegotiated (upward or downward) during their term. Extensions may be negotiated but only in the final year of the contract and only if such extension is for an amount that can be

accommodated in a Club's upper limit for the current year or as computed for future years.

P.S. and I didnt even insult you this time, i must be in a good mood.

Edited by snowman89