• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

Flips #

Rate this topic

Guest snowman89

After further research, Filpula has 4 years till he is a UFA. That is why Holland has not signed him to an bigger contract, do your homework!

On a side not everyone should read the CBA it is quite the read! LOL on 475 pages. Explains alot about contracts and everything. Wierd NHL rules.

Jason Woolley, Ladislav Kohn, Pat Verbeek, Todd Gill, Dmitri Mironov, Tomas Holmstrom, Mike Ramsey,

Sheldon Kennedy, Johan Garpenlov, Brent Fedyk, Paul MacLean, Mel Bridgman, Chris Cichocki, Claude Loiselle

all worn the #15, but I can't recall anyone wearing #51. Anybody recall it being worn before?

Ah, thanks, it was Woolley I was thinking of, not Whitney.....that makes a little more sense now. :idea:

On the "Flip" side, maybe filpula does not want to renegotiate till the end of his contract, what if he gets better he is going to want to maximize, his earning potential, i am tired of people questioning and bitching about Holland, why dont you move do columbus or chicago need i go on, then you'll have an actual beef. With the league more competitive and salaries(sort of under control) and a cap we wont have the jugernaut teams of the past, becides if he signs filpula to long deal and he ends up sucking, you dont have to pay him all that money

plus I found this on the TSN.ca website..... how many years does filpula have left on his contract

RENEGOTIATION OF CONTRACTS

Will Clubs be able to renegotiate contracts with players?

No. Player contracts will not be renegotiated (upward or downward) during their term. Extensions may be negotiated but only in the final year of the contract and only if such extension is for an amount that can be

accommodated in a Club's upper limit for the current year or as computed for future years.

P.S. and I didnt even insult you this time, i must be in a good mood.

this is filppula's final year before he becomes a restricted free agent at seasons end , so they can negotiate a contract if they want

After further research, Filpula has 4 years till he is a UFA. That is why Holland has not signed him to an bigger contract, do your homework!

On a side not everyone should read the CBA it is quite the read! LOL on 475 pages. Explains alot about contracts and everything. Wierd NHL rules.

wtf you blabbing about ??? holland didnt offer a longer term deal because in 4 yrs he will be a ufa ??? how the hell does that make sense ?????? they could of locked him up for 3 yrs and tried to negotiate a new deal on the final year of the contract , or give him 2 yr extention and then try and lock up a long term deal on the 4th year ........you make no sense

I researched this recently and you're correct. Per the 2006-2007 media guide Homer started his 2nd season with #15 and switched to #96 mid-season. Mironov brought over the #15 with him when he was aquired by the Wings.

Also, a bit of team trivia... #15 is the most worn number in Wings history!

...oh yeah, what's the least worn? #9 maybe? #6?

...oh yeah, what's the least worn? #9 maybe? #6?

The following #'s have never been worn (regular season only?):

53-54

56-70

73-76

78-84

86-90

92-95

97-99

The following #'s have only been used once:

45 - Quincey

46 - Marc Potvin

47 - Jim Cummins

72 - Brad Smith

77 - Coffey

85 - Klima

91 - Federov

96 - Homer

Edited by Gizmo

::cough:: filppula ::cough::

Sorry... I was just going by the 2006-2007 media guide. The historical data was only updated through the end of the 2005-2006 season. I've correct the error above. Edited by Gizmo

Sorry... I was just going by the 2006-2007 media guide. The historical data was only updated through the end of the 2005-2006 season. I've correct the error above.

Ahh okay, lol sorry if I sounded really corrective or anything like that :P

Guest snowman89

All I am saying is there is no point for either to agree right now, Holland is not going to pay 1.75 for a 25 point guy, and why would flip agree to a lesser deal now when after this year he could prove he is worth that 1.75.

Where did you find information about length of contract for red wings?

Edited by snowman89

All I am saying is there is no point for either to agree right now, Holland is not going to pay 1.75 for a 25 point guy, and why would flip agree to a lesser deal now when after this year he could prove he is worth that 1.75.

Where did you find information about length of contract for red wings?

just like there was no point in holland signing zetterberg for 2.65 a year for 4 years and zetterberg taking the deal ??

just like lebda taking 650 k for 4 yrs ??

those deals are done all the time , its a risk and if it works out for us then for the next few years we'll have a good deal and have some help on the cap thanks to it , dont forget in 2 yrs zetterberg will get a big deal andif grigorenko ends up being the player we hope he is thats another problem we will have ( although it will be a good problem to have , itll be a cap problem)

Where did you find information about length of contract for red wings? -----------

go to www.redwingscentral.com and check org chart i believe it is

this is filppula's final year before he becomes a restricted free agent at seasons end , so they can negotiate a contract if they want

wtf you blabbing about ??? holland didnt offer a longer term deal because in 4 yrs he will be a ufa ??? how the hell does that make sense ?????? they could of locked him up for 3 yrs and tried to negotiate a new deal on the final year of the contract , or give him 2 yr extention and then try and lock up a long term deal on the 4th year ........you make no sense

As a RFA The wings would receive compensation from any team that "steals" him from us in contract negotiations (in the form of draft picks strong prospects and I think even in CASH) making RFAs more expensive than they appear on the surface.

This makes it unlikely that anyone else will touch him for 4 years.

Guest snowman89

As a RFA The wings would receive compensation from any team that "steals" him from us in contract negotiations (in the form of draft picks strong prospects and I think even in CASH) making RFAs more expensive than they appear on the surface.

This makes it unlikely that anyone else will touch him for 4 years.

Unless Kevin Lowe likes him of course,

Ive read some posts on other places about NHL GM's thinking it is ***** move to sign an offer sheet does anyone have any idea why? This happens regularly in the other sports....

Who we really need to sign to an extension is Nick Lidstrom

The following #'s have never been worn (regular season only?):

53-54

56-70

73-76

78-84

86-90

92-95

97-99

The following #'s have only been used once:

45 - Quincey

46 - Marc Potvin

47 - Jim Cummins

72 - Brad Smith

77 - Coffey

85 - Klima

91 - Federov

96 - Homer

We need to get a #89 on the team that would be awesome...

Ok I'm gonna apologize before I even say what I'm gonna say:

What would Flip do if Chelios suddenly decided he wanted to wear his #?

I'm sorry...To be honest I'm not even sure if I phrased it correctly. It's my first time...