• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hillbillywingsfan

"Kings and Cammalleri at an impasse"

Rate this topic

Cammalleri is a pretty impressive player, still young, and pretty complete for a yong guy. He could command 4M in arbitration easily coming off an 80pt season with they way those arbitors hand out cash.

yeah im thinking around that as well. notice how i didn't add.."would he fit with the wings"..."get'r done" or none of that. im sure we will have someone say that. hahahahah

although he would fit into our system imo.

He's got the sniper mentality that we've been missing for forever. I've got my fingers crossed that LA has to let him go or Montreal has to let Ryder go. Another top 6 forward would really put us over the top this year, and we've got the cap space to make it happen.

Edited by datsyukonethree

Cammalleri or Ryder would make this team unreal. That would top off the the top 2 nicely.

And it starts.

If theres any RFA I want Detroit going after, its Dustin Penner. Rumor has it that the Ducks and Penner were supposed to have a deal, but one of the sides backed out and now things arent going so well. Of course its unlikely that any of Ryder, Cammy, or Penner are going to be availale, but Penner would definitely be more valuable to the Wings than Cammy would, and hed likely be cheaper too. Some people would freak out about this, but I wouldnt mind seeing Detroit trade Filppula for Penner if Burke would have it. Detroit will have Zetterberg and Datsyuk for another 7 years at least while the prospect pool looks pretty bleak as far as power forwards go.

I'd take Cammalleri, depending on what he is awarded of course. Some people will be ignorant and just say that he is too small and won't help us with our toughness, which is true, but we didn't lose in the playoffs because of a lack of toughness or grit or size. It was injuries on our blueline and the lack of a sniper on the PP that killed us.

Thought I would dig up some proof to support my argument that his size would not be a problem...Cammalleri had 15 points in 16 games against ANA and SJS total last year. Apparently he found a way to overcome the size difference.

The size factor can't be used as an argument against him people...

yes i'd love to have him as he had a killer season and displayed flashes of sniper dominance last year, but do we need another center is the question. This team desperatly needs a RW.

I'd take Cammalleri, depending on what he is awarded of course. Some people will be ignorant and just say that he is too small and won't help us with our toughness, which is true, but we didn't lose in the playoffs because of a lack of toughness or grit or size. It was injuries on our blueline and the lack of a sniper on the PP that killed us.

Thought I would dig up some proof to support my argument that his size would not be a problem...Cammalleri had 15 points in 16 games against ANA and SJS total last year. Apparently he found a way to overcome the size difference.

The size factor can't be used as an argument against him people...

No youre right, Cammalleri isnt a soft player. Hes a gritty little guy whos corner work reminds a little of Parrish. Nonetheless, Penner would make a bigger impact on the Wings. Detroit doesnt have a Dustin Brown or an Alexander Frolov they can pair Cammalleri up with. Having cammy would probably an ensure a 1st or 2nd line of no one taller than 6 feet or heavier than 190 lbs. Plus, Cammy will undoubtedly cost more. But make no mistake about it. Penner, Cammy, or even Ryder are probably better options than what Detroit can/will come by at the deadline, and all 3 would likely fit in to Detroits long-term plans.

Edited by YoungGuns1340

And it starts.

If theres any RFA I want Detroit going after, its Dustin Penner. Rumor has it that the Ducks and Penner were supposed to have a deal, but one of the sides backed out and now things arent going so well. Of course its unlikely that any of Ryder, Cammy, or Penner are going to be availale, but Penner would definitely be more valuable to the Wings than Cammy would, and hed likely be cheaper too. Some people would freak out about this, but I wouldnt mind seeing Detroit trade Filppula for Penner if Burke would have it. Detroit will have Zetterberg and Datsyuk for another 7 years at least while the prospect pool looks pretty bleak as far as power forwards go.

Trade Flip? You are nuts. Flip is going to be the next Z. Penner has had 1 good playoff. Everybody is drooling over him just because he's big. I'd like to have him but not at the expense of Flip. There is more to Hockey than size.

The thing with signing this guy is it would probably lead to a multi-year contract at 3.5-4M per season. It would effect us in signing Z.

ive been preaching about this guy since the end of playoffs, so yes i would love to have him here. However, many of you are saying that he would likely get close to 4 million due to arbitrations.....i dont know if we have that kid of money to spend on him. This year we do have that kind of money, but would we offer just a one year deal to a young guy with talent like him? I think he would be looking for something more long term. I think kenny's priority right now is zetterberg, which is why he is saving so much of him money right now. He wants to be ready with lots of money for the negotiations with him. Do i want cammy here? With out a doubt....is it likely to happen? Probably not. he would help the team, but i dont know if holland and him could come to an agreement to please both sides.

As for trading Flip for Penner? WHAT?

First off, flip has the potential to be the next zetterberg. Lots of talent. I dont think he should be going anywhere. Secondly, even if a trade were possible, what makes you think that anahiem would be so quick to deal with us? And even if they were to work something out do you think that anaheim is going to have a straight up trade for just flip? Even with flips potential, i dont think anaheim would be doing a straight up trade after the year penner had. I dunno, i dont think penner is worth our future star, regardless of his size.

If we were to sign Cammy, Penner, or Ryder to longer term contracts (3-4 years), why couldn't we just dump salary when it comes time to resign Z?? Ottawa just did it with Schaefer to make room for Emery.

Who's to say a player currently on the Wings roster might have a couple bad seasons or get injured long term? God forbid any kind of thing like that from happening but there is always a chance (Fischer).

Plus, there has been talk about the salary cap rising even more next season and possible ballooning each year after that.

I believe we would be alright with that type of situation as long as it is fitting to the future of the organization and our chances of winning the cup this coming year.

Truth be told, I'm just showing off my fancy new sig from Offsides. :P BUT, that being said... I don't watch a lot of Kings games, so I know little about this dude. That, my friends, is why I come here though. Sounds a bit unrealistic from what is said here, but 80pts.. wow!

The Lids factor is a little misleading, because while yes IF he does retire after the upcoming season, that 7.6 has to be spent on suring up the D.

You can't just take that 7.6 and throw it at Heatley and walk away. You are taking the best defenceman of this era away from the team, his leaving will create a tremendous void.

I think Cammalleri will probably command about 3.5-4 and the same with Ryder (through Arbitration) however Penner I am not sure, his numbers aren't as great as the other two but his game comes with a lot more than goals and assists. He is a physical presence who can play a top 6 role and actually contribute. As oppossed to others his size who are 3-4 line guys with size and no hands and no speed.

He is not greased lightning but he skates very well.

I think if the arbitrators are looking at numbers and what kind of scoring they do, Penner will probably end up the cheapest of the three.

I would love it Penner and Howard (Year after) in the winged wheel, NICE!!!!!

Edited by Opie