• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sticknmove

Kocur

Rate this topic

god this guy could huck fists, here is a great bout against "missing" link gaetz who was a goon, and absolutely crazy. anyways joey dealt with him fine. enjoy

Ya Probert and Kocur were both trained to fight I heard by Emmanuel stewart in the late 80's to early 90's

Edited by TheGoonSquad0208

Has anyone been to the bar that he has in Fenton with Dave Lewis? There is a great picture of him just pummelling somebody on Washington. I can't remember who it is now.

Who remembers this classic? Tough to say who won. But Joey got some great shots in on him

Who remembers this classic? Tough to say who won. But Joey got some great shots in on him

I was at that game in Chicago, about 10 rows behind Eddie Belfour's net, wearing my Redwings jersey. I believe Draper had a sweet breakaway in that game too (and had he not been recently acquired from Winnipeg for $1 at that time)?

Good times!

-P

god this guy could huck fists, here is a great bout against "missing" link gaetz who was a goon, and absolutely crazy. anyways joey dealt with him fine. enjoy

Yeah they both kicked alot of a$$, I met probert in a golf pro shop one time and shook his hand.

The man had no skin on his knuckles, what a beast......Good times for sure.........

Also during those times Stevie Y never got messed with either...... :D

Ya Probert and Kocur were both trained to fight I heard by Emmanuel stewart in the late 80's to early 90's

I thought Probert spent some time at the Kronk gym ? If im correct that was where Thomas Hearns used to train.

Awesome. I made that vid.

Looking back I should have made it longer... I think I'll re-do it. Add another 2 mins maybe.

Wow you made that? It was great.

If you do remake it though, be sure to add the hit vladdy put on Claud Lemiew, that could have broken lemieux's head.

Awesome. I made that vid.

Looking back I should have made it longer... I think I'll re-do it. Add another 2 mins maybe.

Good Idea, but I doubt you can find an extra 2 minutes of the Red Wings Being Physical This Season :P

If you do remake it though, be sure to add the hit vladdy put on Claud Lemiew, that could have broken lemieux's head.

Cheers :)

Yeh I'll add that if I can find a video of it. I think I may re-do it all, include more fights in shorter bursts. Should be more action-packed that way :cool:

I was just thinking of that...

I love getting caught in the YouTube vortex and looking at all those fights and hits people have posted... great memories. I hope Drake gives us a few good hits to enjoy this year.

Kocur is a good guy... he's close friends with my 2 uncles.

When my aunt passed away in 2003, Joey was there at both the viewing and the funeral. In 2005, he was at my uncles wedding, partying with the family... even did a shot with him!!!

I thought Probert spent some time at the Kronk gym ? If im correct that was where Thomas Hearns used to train.

Actually you are both right the john kronk gym is where they were trained by emanual stewart, and that is where tommy hitman hearns trained as well......

The only reason I know because i grew up in that neighborhood and boxed there as a kid.......

( what a s***ty neighborhood that is now though) :crazy:

God I miss those two.

Kocur especially. Quality guy who would've swallowed nails for Stevie.

So true. I got to interview him when I was at his bar in Fenton, and working in radio. We didn't schedule an interview, just went up to his table and asked. He was there drinking with a few friends, and was the best interview I ever did. He didn't have a bad word to say about anybody.

I didn't watch all the vids posted in this thread so if someone has already posted this, i apologize. I know this is a kocur thread but this may be the best, longest fight I have ever seen. It's probie and mcsorley.

Without a doubt the best hockey fight I have ever seen!!!