• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingNutt

Mark Hartigan same # as Pasha?

Rate this topic

I was reading the Detroit Red Wings roster on the official site and noticed a guy named Hartigan was #13 along with Pavel, did we just sign this guy and why does it say hes number 13?? has to be a typo or something

Edited by WingNutt

I was reading the Detroit Red Wings roster on the official site and noticed a guy named Hartigan was #13 along with Pavel, did we just sign this guy and why does it say hes number 13?? has to be a typo or something

Signed a while ago, most likely bound for G.R. Minor leauge signing which is why you probably didn't hear anything about it. He'll be allowed to wear the number in G.R., but would be assigned a different one if called up.

Guest Crymson

Mark Hartigan plays for the Griffins, not the Red Wings.

dats should give his number

why should datsyuk change his number? it is not as if Datsyuk is a GR player that is fighting for a spot on the team. Hartigan played 12 games last season. he can find a new number, Dats is not giving up 13.

Guest snowman89

why should datsyuk change his number? it is not as if Datsyuk is a GR player that is fighting for a spot on the team. Hartigan played 12 games last season. he can find a new number, Dats is not giving up 13.

Its alright pal, I am pretty sure he was just joking, dont get upset, what is the whole pasha thing about?

Its alright pal, I am pretty sure he was just joking, dont get upset, what is the whole pasha thing about?

what do you mean, Datsyuk is # 13, I was just wondering who this Hartigan guy was, his profile pictures shows him in a Blue Jackets jersey.

I know Datsyuk will remain 13 and its a joke if anyone thinks he would give his number up, it was never about that, just thought it was weird them putting him on the roster with Datsyuk's number, who cares what number he was last season, I personally find it a joke that his name is on the roster, and nothing about Igor. Thats the funny part.

looking forward to another great season of Red Wings hockey, and being amazed by Pasha and Z's skills. and also can't wait to see if Igor makes the lineup and reunites with Datsyuk.

oh and Holland get Markov signed, their is noone else on the market worth getting.

Its Guuud **queue up Bruce Almighty**. When people get signed they assume the numbers they already have for the time being.... I remember the histerical arguements when Kyle Calder appeared as #19 on the Wings roster for about 3 hours or so.

Its all good... numbers aren't even guaranteed for the new sprogs until they crack the big clubs lineup. Everything is subject to change.

Edited by OsGOD

I guess Hartigan and Datsyuk will have to go fight whoever this Pasha guy is that apparently won't give up the number.

I agree. Enough with this Pasha business. Everyone already thinks that we're a soft team so there's no reason to make it look more soft by adding these cute kiddie names.

I agree. Enough with this Pasha business. Everyone already thinks that we're a soft team so there's no reason to make it look more soft by adding these cute kiddie names.

nothing to do with being cute, very common in Russia.

that being said, no offense but a guy with a cartoon for his avatar shouldn't be calling things "kiddie"

nothing to do with being cute, very common in Russia.

that being said, no offense but a guy with a cartoon for his avatar shouldn't be calling things "kiddie"

I grew up in Russia so I know about the nickname, but it wouldn't hurt to find a tougher nickname as part of the "team toughness" that Babcock advocates. As for my avatar, don't go there.

I'll tell you what, Joey Kocur's nickname could have been Nancy and I guarentee no one would have thought he was soft. Besides the fact that most of the nicknames we have for players do not make it beyond these boards.

Having said that, having nicknames like hammer and turbo would not improve this teams image, unless at the same time they went out and beat the crap out of teams!

As for my avatar, don't go there.

I think he already did!

I grew up in Russia so I know about the nickname, but it wouldn't hurt to find a tougher nickname as part of the "team toughness" that Babcock advocates. As for my avatar, don't go there.

Like I mentioned above, not trying to offend, but growing up in Russia you shouldn't be bothered with the name Pasha, or others such as Sasha and Masha. A lot of Capital fans call Ovechkin Sasha, doesen't make him seem soft.

anyways no worry, Pavel was called Pasha long before he came to Detroit so its not a big deal and shouldn't matter, people call him Dats, and with other players like Zetterberg, who is often reffered to as, Z or Hank.

either way it doesen't really matter what fans call players, the team uses the names they want, what us fans think or call them is irrelavent.

Edited by WingNutt