• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

StevieY9802

Oilers Tender Offer to Penner

Rate this topic

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

BYE BYE TEEMU

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I bet Brian Burke will ask Pronger's wife to try to talk Penner out of going to Edmonton.

Ouch

Too late on talking him out of it. He's signed sealed and just not shipped. Its all up to Burkie now. I still don't know if 4.3 mil is too much for a 45 point scorer.

Guest nutz2u

As I said in the other Penner thread, if the Ducks match this offer they will be in deep s*** next year when they have to resign Kunitz, Perry, Getzlaf and Rome. :lol:

Edited by nutz2u

Screw Burke.

I hope Edmonton offers him 5M per season. That would nicely hurt both the Oilers (if he signs) and The Ducks (if they match).

edit: have the terms of the offer been announced? I can't open TSN's site.

Edited by rick zombo

Jesus.... $4M a year for Penner. he's $2.5M guy, and $3M at best, but $4M...

should have also signed Yashin, Kevin! overpriced as well but you seem to be keen to keep spending like you were Rangers GM

Screw Burke.

I hope Edmonton offers him 5M per season. That would nicely hurt both the Oilers (if he signs) and The Ducks (if they match).

The deal is 4.3mil per is the cap number. The Oilers will have to give up a first, second and third rounder to get him.

He has to overpay, he can't get players there any other way.

4 mil may be a touch much but this is a rookie who scored 45 points, played all 82 games and played a physical style of play on a defense first team.

I doubt they match this with all of the players they have to account for next year. I would have tried this if I were in Lowe's position.

I think in a couple of years you will see a lot more RFA's given offer sheets. It happens in other sports and doesn't impact anything. I know hockey is a little bit more of a gentleman's game than say football, but still it will take hold. Lowe is showing he is not afraid to do it. He is telling other GM's put your money where your mouth is or I will make these young guys an offer they can't refuse.

Remember he is not forcing Burke to pay Penner more, he is forcing to decide if Penner is part of the future for this team.

If it were Giguere than yes the offer is matched and the deal is dead, however it is Penner and now Burke has to think about how valuable Penner is to the Ducks.

The deal is 4.3mil per is the cap number. The Oilers will have to give up a first, second and third rounder to get him.

i think i'd rather take Penner, considering our drafting history :unsure: lol

and if we do get him... pleasedontbustlikeLupul

nice move by lowe , we all knew this was coming , i just think it might of taken a better deal to get penner .....lowe's got no choice to do this cause no one will go to edmonton of their own free will hahaha

now brian burke will have some nice problems unloading players to keep penner ........thats what you get for going after our players !!! LOL man it would be so funny if he trades bertuzzi or schneider to like some crap team

If it were Giguere than yes the offer is matched and the deal is dead, however it is Penner and now Burke has to think about how valuable Penner is to the Ducks.

Exactly. With all the guys coming up for free agency you have to look to the futue. The cap makes you plan ahead more than you had to in the past.

i would expect that now is the time for Niedermayer to decide whether he retires or not? considering if he doesn't, then the Ducks won't have the cap space to sign Penner, but if he does retire, then Burke could match it.

Burke already said earlier in the offseason that he would match any offer made to Penner..lets see if he can back it up!!

True lets see if his balls are as big as his mouth!!!

What's the cap again for next year? If Niedermayer were to come back, aren't they right up against it?

I also find it funny in the comments section of that link how outraged people are at Lowe. He's made a couple bold offers, but if he can steal a quality player from a team who overpaid on UFA's, I see that as good for the league. Hopefully these idiot GM's and owners will show a little more restraint next season on the market.