Sign in to follow this  
Wingfan191

New (old) Rangers jersey's shown

Rate this topic

Guest snowman89

http://www.nyrangers.com/fanzone/0708Jersey.asp

IPB Image

IPB Image

Basically just a material and cut change, nothing else. So don't worry Wings fans, ours should look just fine.

ITs been said all along that the wings jerseys would not get changed, none of the original six other than the slight tweek that Boston did was going to change. Toronto might be changing a logo style but the overall concept of the jersey is not changing. We have nothing to worry about.

The only thing I don't like is they moved the lettering more toward the center. It used to start under the shoulder, now it's closer to under the neck. It probably looks okay when someone's wearing it though.

It seems like they have limited space to work with. I wonder if the winged wheel will have to be made a little smaller.

Guest jaytan

Basically what I expected. They should put Lady Liberty on the shoulders, though.

The only thing I don't like is they moved the lettering more toward the center. It used to start under the shoulder, now it's closer to under the neck. It probably looks okay when someone's wearing it though.

It seems like they have limited space to work with. I wonder if the winged wheel will have to be made a little smaller.

I heard from a guy who works in the hockey equipment industry and has seen some of the new (unreleased) jerseys, that a lot of the logos will be smaller, like what is used on kids' size replica jerseys.

And keep in mind that the jersey was laying flat. It will look different when its contoured to someone's body. That being said, I don't care for where they started the lettering either, but it may help "balance off" the Captain's letters of the team.

Wow, it's barely noticeable. Even if it is, the lettering moved like 2 inches.. haha. Seriously.

I've been following the Rangers for a long time. It's noticeable to me.

Granted, I'm not about to ***** and moan. But it seems like such an arbitrary change, one that was made just for the sake of making one.

bleh

I think they had to move it over because the fabric in the "armpit panel" is meant to stretch. It's easier to see on the blue one.

I noticed that...I'm glad that there are no major redesigns but that lettering bugs me - it looks really off-center because of where the lettering starts due to the stretchy armpit panels.

And I'm not digging the rounded hemline, either.

However, these are small complaints. It does, however, make me really curious to see how the Wings logo is going to fit on that center panel...since the panel gets quite a bit narrower toward the top, just how much smaller will the Wings logo be?

I think they had to move it over because the fabric in the "armpit panel" is meant to stretch. It's easier to see on the blue one.

exactly...which is why you shouldn't expect the Red Wings jersey to change at all

I think the difference is noticeable too. Very much so. In fact it annoys me too.

Its annoyance is on par with the numbers on the Isles and Sabres jerseys.

The rounded hemline is goofy too.

The smaller logo thing is interesting too.

Oh well, I guess I'll just by hoodies or jersey t's from now on

I understand that the league had to take what they could get a contract for, but Reebok has always been a second tier athletic clothing company. And this is their first attempt at form fitting apparell. The NHL should have tried to hook up with Under Armour who has revolutionized athletic apparell. Look at how many guys wear it under their jerseys already.

But I guess at the time they had no idea that form fitting was the direction they were going.

I heard from a guy who works in the hockey equipment industry and has seen some of the new (unreleased) jerseys, that a lot of the logos will be smaller, like what is used on kids' size replica jerseys.

thats so ***. :angry:

if our jerseys winged wheel are noticably smaller i'm going to have a fit. :flamingmad:

Guest jaytan

Some of the changes seen on these Rangers jerseys may be due to them being goalie jerseys. I wouldn't worry too much more until we get a picture of a player wearing this.

It's simple. The "RANGERS" logo had to be scaled down to fit onto the material on the chest, which is easier to notice on the blue jersey.

Expect the Wings jersey to be shrunk down and tilted 45 degrees upward.

You heard it here first.

Not sure if it has been asked in another one of the threads, but does anyone have any idea as to when the WIngs are going to show there new jersey? Or are we just waiting for camp/season?

I understand that the league had to take what they could get a contract for, but Reebok has always been a second tier athletic clothing company. And this is their first attempt at form fitting apparell. The NHL should have tried to hook up with Under Armour who has revolutionized athletic apparell. Look at how many guys wear it under their jerseys already.

But I guess at the time they had no idea that form fitting was the direction they were going.

Do you really expect anything more from Gary Bettman?? He's clueless about hockey, why should he be any more clued in about hockey sweaters? :unsure::blink: