• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wingfan191

New (old) Rangers jersey's shown

Rate this topic

Guest snowman89

I understand that the league had to take what they could get a contract for, but Reebok has always been a second tier athletic clothing company. And this is their first attempt at form fitting apparell. The NHL should have tried to hook up with Under Armour who has revolutionized athletic apparell. Look at how many guys wear it under their jerseys already.

But I guess at the time they had no idea that form fitting was the direction they were going.

Ya, under armour is good for under clothing, reebok has been making jersery for a while now, not for just the NHL but the NFL as well, Im sure that the logo's will change a little but these jerseys are going to be sweet! I doubt you will be able to notice that much of difference in the Wings jerseys from TV.( I could be wrong)

Some players will like the tighter fit, but the ones that like the bigger jerseys i think will still be able to order them huge to get them looser fitting. Having played some hockey the lighter the jersey the better the NHL guys are going to love them,

BUT we will see, I could be wrong....

Do you really expect anything more from Gary Bettman?? He's clueless about hockey, why should he be any more clued in about hockey sweaters? :unsure::blink:

You have got to be kidding me. The league bent over backwards to make sure this was done the right way. They listened to all the input from the players, who said the early models (such as what Nike outfits international teams with) were too tight and restrictive and uncomfortable. So they tested several ideas on the players and let the players tell them what works. They listened to the teams, who didn't want a single template imposed on them. So Reebok came up with over a dozen different cuts of jersey to accomodate the different designs. We should be thanking the league daily that they don't have uniforms designed by Nike, which looked TERRIBLE at the Olympics. Nike has a tendency to impose designs on teams, usually ones that look awful. I wouldn't be surprised if the University of Michigan's switch to adidas was partly due to Nike's unilateral decision to make Michigan wear that stupid piping on the football jersey.

But no. I'm sure it's easier just to lob cannonballs in Bettman's direction just to feel better about something you don't like :rolleyes:

Go back and read my post...at no point did I say I didn't like them. DO NOT put words in my mouth. I said the lettering looked off kilter because of the armpit panels and I wasn't thrilled with the rounded hem, but they at least look pretty much the same.

As for Bettman - yeah, I will "lob cannonballs" at him for things I don't like in the NHL because, as commissioner, he is the one who ultimately okays any changes about anything NHL, from puck designs to where teams will be located. He's a clueless asshat.

As for Bettman - yeah, I will "lob cannonballs" at him for things I don't like in the NHL because, as commissioner, he is the one who ultimately okays any changes about anything NHL, from puck designs to where teams will be located. He's a clueless asshat.

*ahem* NHL Board of Governors? Bettman has to have any of his decisions & ideas passed through them, since they are the guys that HE works for.

Edited by Jedi

They suck.

To the average, untrained eye, they look the same. But the way the word "Rangers" is scrunched in like that really turns me off. I don't care for it.

Considerably, I'll see how they look in actual gameplay motion before I make a final decision.

*ahem* NHL Board of Governors? Bettman has to have any of his decisions & ideas passed through them, since they are the guys that HE works for.

Seriously, man the BOG is further up Bettman's ass than Bettman's own finger. When was the last time the BOG said no to him?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!