• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings_Dynasty

Forsberg vs. Fedorov

Rate this topic

From Mlive:

If the Wings don't add a top-six forward before the season, a couple of potential midseason options include Peter Forsberg and Sergei Fedorov. Forsberg, an unrestricted free agent, recently had surgery on his troublesome foot but might not be done playing. Columbus might trade Fedorov if it falls out of playoff contention.

At the deadline the Wings might make a move to pick up one of these guys. If Forsberg is back to playing and looking good he would be an option. If Columbus falls out of play-off contention before the deadline they will probably look to move Sergei's salary.

Who would you rather have?

I think they are both in danger of officially being labled washed up.

No such thing exists as a healthy Forsberg and Fedorov is just not the player he used to be.

I'd take option C: somebody else :D

That said, I would rather the Wings pick up Forsberg if he is STILL unsigned simply because I really wouldn't want to give up much at all for an aging Fedorov. No offense Fedorov fans.

Edited by Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Ugh... neither.

I wish Fedorov would retire already. I'm so sick of hearing his name coming back to this team. Lazy and unmotivated... remind anyone of that one guy we just got rid of?

Forsberg is an ass bag, and I have my reasons for not wanting him.

Knowing Holland though, I really can forsee Fedorov coming back to this team unfourtantly. If it does happen... ugh... I won't know what to say...

Guest Crymson

From Mlive:

At the deadline the Wings might make a move to pick up one of these guys. If Forsberg is back to playing and looking good he would be an option. If Columbus falls out of play-off contention before the deadline they will probably look to move Sergei's salary.

At the deadline, Sergei's salary will no longer really be significant to Columbus.

Forsberg is better than Sergei by a long shot.

Ugh... neither.

I wish Fedorov would retire already. I'm so sick of hearing his name coming back to this team. Lazy and unmotivated... remind anyone of that one guy we just got rid of?

Forsberg is an ass bag, and I have my reasons for not wanting him.

Knowing Holland though, I really can forsee Fedorov coming back to this team unfourtantly. If it does happen... ugh... I won't know what to say...

I would feel better with our 2nd line of the PP with Fedorov on it. Right now we can only really throw the DZH line with Lids and Raffy out there to cause chaos for the other team. With Fedorov on the point of the second line we could be a lot better and he would partially fill the GUN gap that Schneider left.

From Mlive:

Neither, they are both washed up. Let's move on.

I would feel better with our 2nd line of the PP with Fedorov on it. Right now we can only really throw the DZH line with Lids and Raffy out there to cause chaos for the other team. With Fedorov on the point of the second line we could be a lot better and he would partially fill the GUN gap that Schneider left.

Isn't there anyone else we could get though? I mean, why is it that every year our only options are all washed up or former Wings? Come on, it's ridiculous.

I hate the perception around here that signing with the Wings will automatically turn one's career around... like the Wings are all of a sudden made of magic or something. While were at it, why not just sign Alexandre Daigle out of the 3rd tier Swiss league?

Coming to Detroit doesn't revive someones career automatically, like many wish to believe. It didn't work for Bertuzzi, so why assume it'll work for Fedorov?

Besides that, Fedorov didn't want to play here. He could have compromised the Wings leaving out the 5th year he wanted by negotiating a shorter term. I hate it when these guys are all set on long terms, and leave just because they don't get it right away. If Fedorov truly wanted to stay here, he would have accepted the deal that the Wings offered him.

I can't stand Fedorov anymore... I have my reasons. The last thing the Wings need is an unmotivated, lazy player like Fedorov. Again I disgress: we just rid of a guy who was the exact same way. So why bring in someone else that's just as bad?

One thing that I'm curious about is this strong hatred for Forsberg. In his prime- which is long gone- he was one of the best players on the ice. While I hated the Avalanche and thus hated him during Wings v Avs games, I held no ill will toward him otherwise. He was the exact type of player I'd love to have on my roster. I typed "Was" because now he is far too injury plagued to be worth the cap space.

So my question I is why do some of you hate him so much? He played phsycial, but I don't remember him playing dirty. I also don't remember him diving either.

Just curious.

Edited by Wings_Fan_In_Exile

He was a great player with a ton of talent, who took dives, and whined insestently about even the smallest contact. But he never shied away from tossing an elbow.

Sakic was the class act on that team, other than that maybe Rob Blake but definitely not Floppa!!!

Sakic was the class act on that team, other than that maybe Rob Blake but definitely not Floppa!!!

are you talking about the Rob ol' dirtbag Blake who has a rep of crossing the edge over and over again?

classy Dives? Joey Sakic then Deadmarsh, Aebisher, Stastny. they actually changed a bit after sacking

douchebag Crawford and are now much improved in this regard, I'd say.

Holy hell. We have 2.5 months until the season starts, 7 months until trade deadline and you are thinking about who we want to get at the deadline?

This board never ceases to amaze me.

Could we maybe start the season first?

That being said, I never, ever want to see Forsberg in a Wing uni. For some reason I could see Feddy in one, but that may be just because I have seen him in one before (actually, I have a signed 8x10 just across the room from me of him).

Forsberg always has the potential to be dominant, but his injuries are never ending. I know wh have put a ton of faith on another somewhat often injured player, but his injury woes are nothing compared to Forsberg.

Then with Feds, well, his leaving Detroit was one of the 3 saddest events I can ever remember in hockey. I truly love the guy so I am torn. He hasn't played the same since leaving the Wings, and with his age, I doubt he is ever going to play that way gain. However, if he were to come back as a role player I sitll think he could have something to offer.

But then again, how much longer is his contract for. Because I'd want to re-sign him for a pay-cut. Would he ever do that or just retire? Only time I suppose.

I don't want to see either one at this point. The team needs to save its money for a younger player that can contribute immediately and for the future. There's no need to make any more experiments like the one done last year with Bertuzzi.

I can't stand Fedorov anymore... I have my reasons. The last thing the Wings need is an unmotivated, lazy player like Fedorov. Again I disgress: we just rid of a guy who was the exact same way. So why bring in someone else that's just as bad?

Playoff Fedorov is anything but lazy and unmotivated. Not to mention he's still elite defensively even if his offensive numbers haven't been there. Fedorov is a perfect ace in the hole for a deadline acquisition as he can play ANY role apart from goaltender. scoring line, checking line, blue line, PP, PK, etc...

Playoff Fedorov is anything but lazy and unmotivated. Not to mention he's still elite defensively even if his offensive numbers haven't been there. Fedorov is a perfect ace in the hole for a deadline acquisition as he can play ANY role apart from goaltender. scoring line, checking line, blue line, PP, PK, etc...

Are you talking about the 37 year old Fedorov? Acutally an honest question since I don't make it a habit to watch the Blue Jackets.

I agree. If/when Kronwall goes down, Fedorov on the point is a huge step up from Lebda or Chelios. In fact, I think both would be surprisingly good deadline acquistions. Forsberg was even more banged up when he played for Nashville in the playoffs, and he was one of their best forwards. Hes already said he feels better after this surgery than the last one, and hes still a gritty guy - had something like 8 hits in Game 1 against San Jose of all teams.

..and both of these guys have an extra playoff gear.

I don't want to see either one at this point. The team needs to save its money for a younger player that can contribute immediately and for the future. There's no need to make any more experiments like the one done last year with Bertuzzi.

except Wings have some space under the cap and if they are in a good shape for playoff run, Holland will never ever hestitate to pull a trigger for a trade that sees Wings getting quality goal scorer and optionally physcal ingredient (yep, even Kenny sees this objective) without letting prospects/picks go. neither he has to with Ilitches money, nor has a habit to spare money in such cases.

Bertuzzi was a great pickup for us. he came very cheap (compared to other trade deadline acquisitions) and played pretty good for what we gave him. if we get a rental like Bertuzzi next season I'll wholeheartedly cheer Holland.

if Fedorov comes cheap I have nothing against him. though, he's neither coming for a low price tag (never happens) nor to Detroit - a tema he basically f*d in 2003 because of his ego

Are you talking about the 37 year old Fedorov? Acutally an honest question since I don't make it a habit to watch the Blue Jackets.

He's had nagging injury problems (wrist, and abdominal things) that have taken a bit of his jump and shot away, but he's always been a force defensively for the BJs. Plus it doesn't help that he's been saddled with Zherdev and Nash a lot. If they get the puck they aren't giving it back. Completely goes against how Fedorov works since he's no longer in his waving hair end to end heyday.

Hitchcock put him on the blueline in a pinch towards the end of last season and he didn't miss a beat and was their best defenseman down the stretch. And very likely the best defenseman they've ever had.

People can't seem to see anything but a lazy floater because he doesn't put up big numbers anymore when considering his talents, but he's like an anti-Lang. His defensive prowess and hard work has NEVER gone away. He was a like a bizarro-cherry picker. Not going all out offensively every shift, but he'd never give up on his defensive assignment. Strange really.