• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
grsbmd

Rookies this year

Rate this topic

At this time last year we all pretty well knew who would win the Calder, but this year I'm struggling to even think of rookies who are supposed to be good.

Off the top of my head, all that comes to mind are Erik Johnson and Jack Johnson.

Who are going to be the top rookies this year?

At this time last year we all pretty well knew who would win the Calder, but this year I'm struggling to even think of rookies who are supposed to be good.

Off the top of my head, all that comes to mind are Erik Johnson and Jack Johnson.

Who are going to be the top rookies this year?

Jonathan Toews probably

Does Grigs qualify for this ?

why wouldnt he ? its his first yr

others who im guessing might be rookies this year

bobby ryan

jonathan toews

martin hanzal

carey price

andrei kostitsyn ( played 22games , might be eligible for calder this yr)

marc staal

luc bourdon

nicklas backstrom

jack johnson

erik johnson

if i was a betting man the rookie of the year would be nicklas backstrom or jack johnson, wouldnt count out toews as well

Edited by kindlwillbegreat

What about Erik Johnson?

There's also Peter Mueller, Tuukka Rask might play, Kyle Okposo, Derick Brassard, TJ Oshie, Andrew Cogliano... There's a few guys that make the cut, but if I were to predict the Calder finalists it would be amongst Jonathan Toews, Nicklas Backstrom, and I have a feeling Marc Staal will be the go to defenseman in New York... Seeing as they have no D.

what about that kane kid from Chicago

I can't see him playing. He played one OHL season, I don't think he's NHL ready, or NHL size.

why wouldnt he ? its his first yr

In case you did not know, a player must not have attained his 26 birthday by September 15th of the season in which he is eligable. This rule was implemented after Sergei Makarov won the Calder trophy in 1990. Grigorenko is only 24 though.

In case you did not know, a player must not have attained his 26 birthday by September 15th of the season in which he is eligable. This rule was implemented after Sergei Makarov won the Calder trophy in 1990. Grigorenko is only 24 though.

I honestly think that's a dumb ass rule. A first year is a first year, age is just a number. Very stupid.

ya i knew that rule but i didnt say anything cause like you said hes only 24 still had a few yrs left before he wouldnt be eligible