22 replies to this topic

#1 HomeNugget

HomeNugget

It's the Bishop!

• Gold Booster
  • 570 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 02:19 PM

http://blog.mlive.co..._joakim_an.html

looks like the full interview is at redwingsworld.com.

http://redwingsworld...8089e574fa106a7

Edited by HomeNugget, 29 July 2007 - 02:21 PM.

#2 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 03:45 PM

Sounds like a good kid. I like the idea that he plays the physical game well. And we'll need a new grindline centre soon enough!
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#3 HomeNugget

HomeNugget

It's the Bishop!

• Gold Booster
  • 570 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 01:44 AM

found another article about this kid.
http://blog.mlive.co...tarring_in.html

a little blurb about him from red wings central:
While he’s playing at Sweden’s second level, it’s the seasoning he’ll need to play in the Swedish Elite League next season. Andersson’s offensive totals and faceoff success are outstanding for his age in a tough league.

and a small profile and stats from:
http://eliteprospect...er=4087&lang=en

#4 Grittzkey

Grittzkey

L L L L SAD FACE

• HoF Booster
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 06:06 PM

SillySwedes
Lebda - Your Off The Team... My most used quote during the games.

#5 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 01:35 PM

will get to get a good look at this guy in the WJC, along with some other good wings prospects.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#6 Systemfel

Systemfel

-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 12:31 PM

Joakim Andersson made his SEL debut last night, playing 4:01 and registering one shot on net against Färjestad, Frölunda's archrival.

He started the game on the bench as an extra forward (you're allowed to dress 20 skaters in IIHF hockey), but was put on the fourth line in the third period. However, he was immediately promoted to the second line after a couple of pretty impressive shifts. Tomorrow, versus Södertälje, he'll be starting the game on the second line.

Edited by Systemfel, 25 January 2008 - 06:58 PM.

#7 irishtemper14+25

irishtemper14+25

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 04:23 PM

nice, one game and hes already on the second line

Kudos to Teeman for the Sig
"You remember that chap a few years ago, climbed Everest with no oxygen, came down nearly dead...they asked him why he went up there to die. He said I didn't, I went up there to live."

#8 Earthhuman

Earthhuman

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 02:37 AM

QUOTE (irishtemper14+25 @ January 25, 2008 - 04:23PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nice, one game and hes already on the second line

Wings scouting, you've done it again!

#9 Systemfel

Systemfel

-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 12:18 PM

Well, Andersson played 14:19 in his second SEL game, registering 3 shots on net, a hit and a minor penalty for cross-checking.

#10 Swede40

Swede40

We'll end the World 2009

• Gold Booster
  • 222 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 08:58 PM

Give him a couple more seasons and this guy could be a beast.

#11 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,858 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 01:33 PM

I got a quick look at him during the WJCH:s. Good face-off man, solid player overall.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#12 Systemfel

Systemfel

-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 03:52 PM

Joakim Andersson played 9:45 on the 4th line in a 5-3 win against Brynäs tonight. Cashing in on a rebound, he notched his first career SEL goal.

Edited by Systemfel, 29 January 2008 - 03:54 PM.

#13 irishtemper14+25

irishtemper14+25

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 07:41 PM

nice news

Kudos to Teeman for the Sig
"You remember that chap a few years ago, climbed Everest with no oxygen, came down nearly dead...they asked him why he went up there to die. He said I didn't, I went up there to live."

#14 Systemfel

Systemfel

-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 11:20 PM

Joakim Andersson was back in the Frlunda lineup Saturday at home versus Djurgrden. He centered the fourth line registering 6:52 of ice time and 1 shot on goal. He was -1. Djurgrden goalie Daniel Larsson turned aside 34 of Frlunda's 35 shots on goal, but lost his shutout with just 3:24 left.

It's probably safe to say Andersson will be getting a lot more ice time the next few games, since Frlunda lost both center Martin Plss, second in goals on the team, and right wing Magnus Kahnberg, third in points, to injuries in the 1-1 tie against Djurgrden.

Edited by Systemfel, 16 February 2008 - 11:26 PM.

#15 Systemfel

Systemfel

-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE (Systemfel @ February 17, 2008 - 05:20AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's probably safe to say Andersson will be getting a lot more ice time the next few games, since Frlunda lost both center Martin Plss, second in goals on the team, and right wing Magnus Kahnberg, third in points, to injuries in the 1-1 tie against Djurgrden.
Both of the injured guys were back pretty quick, so Andersson didn't until yesterday when the team gave some of the top players a rest.

Joakim Andersson was put on the first line in place of Captain Jonas Johnson, and played a solid two-way game. Even got a few minutes on the PK. Andersson registered an ice time of 11:29 in the 5-4 away win versus MoDo.

Also, it was announced today that Andersson has signed a one-year contract extension with Frlunda.

Edited by Systemfel, 05 March 2008 - 11:20 AM.

#16 Lilja

Lilja

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 09:44 AM

Looks like "Jocke" had a good game against in Czechia yesterday. Best on the ice writes hockeymagasinet

He was 1+2 and got ejected after standing up for his teammate Ullstrm who was hit with a knee. Sweden dominated and won 5-1.
Im suprised this name was not already taken!

#17 Systemfel

Systemfel

-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:43 AM

Looks like Jocke won't be crossing the pond this summer, after all. Apparently, he has one more year left on his Frlunda contract, and he says he'd like to stay another TWO years in Sweden.

http://hockeysverige...html?id=6513337

I'm sure the news took all Frlunda fans by surprise, everyone expected him to leave since the team already has a ton of centers on the roster for next year, including four very good SEL vets and 2008 Caps first-round pick, Anton Gustafsson.

His agents are trying to work something out so that the Wings don't lost the rights to him.

Edited by Systemfel, 07 April 2009 - 03:47 PM.

#18 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 11:07 PM

http://www.redwingsc...1_RWCReport.php

"I see him as a very good third-liner," Hakan Andersson said. "He's got the hockey sense to be even better than that. But the thing that holds him back a bit is his overall speed. He's a big body and he's very hard to play against."

Red Wings assistant GM Jim Nill once compared Joakim Andersson to Sammy Pahlsson, but Hakan Andersson sees similarities closer to home.

"I compare him to (Valterri) Filppula, other than the speed," Hakan Andersson said. "A really good all-around player like Filppula but he's not as fast."

I was kind of hoping that he'd be more like Pahlsson in terms of physical play. But it's good the Wings are sky high on him.

#19 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:13 AM

What the...? Google image search how could you...

Posted Image

#20 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 03:18 AM

From their first prospects tournament game 9/11 in which the Wings won 6 to 1.

http://www.kuklaskor..._ways_than_one/

Joakim Andersson was a remarkably pleasant surprise. Hes supposed to be Mr. Heavyfoot, and the image most Wings fans have of him is the picture taken right after he was drafted, skinny, gangly, looking like an 18-year-old kid. The player the Wings brought over from Sweden is a big, strong, near-fully-developed man whose body finally fills out his listed 62, 205-lb status, with maybe half an inch and a few pounds more--and hes played for the Frolunda Indians in the Eliteserien, a perennial contender, as their regular shut-down center. You can see that he may be 21, but hes played in a mens league with players who have a decade on him, if not, in some instances, are old enough to be his father, and he understands what it takes to play two-way hockey. In fact, hes a pretty solid playmaker, wins most of his faceoffs, and needs to shoot more, because his shot is heavy and hard. Ive only watched him play for two days, but at least among his fellow prospects, he stands out.