• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zetterberg_is_god

Forsberg to the Wings?

Rate this topic

Exactly who will we get? Let me remind you trades generally ahve to be attractive to both teams, and seeing as holland will never give a first rounder away this probably isnt gonna happen.

How many of us expected we'd get Bertuzzi and Calder at the deadline? It's Kenny Holland we're talking about, he pulls something out of the hat every year.

How many of us expected we'd get Bertuzzi and Calder at the deadline? It's Kenny Holland we're talking about, he pulls something out of the hat every year.

Yeah, so dont be surprised if its Peter Forsberg. Hed be quite a similar pick up to Bertuzzi.

i for one would like to see Forsberg in a winged wheel!! i have always like him even though he played for the av's. he was the av i feared the most!! of course he isn't the Forsberg from 5 years ago but like somone else said, at one point he was the best in the business! i still think he has plenty of game and can help this team big time.....of course IF he can stay healthy. i think he'll be fine when he comes back, no matter what team he is playing for.

The fact he's not a known Red Wings fan is hardly a reason not to want him...

If he can help the Wings, then why does that matter?

I hate Forsberg just as much as everybody else... he's a diving bastard. Fact of the matter here is that the market is really drying up: there aren't many good forward options left. I'd feel more comfortable having Forsberg, becacuse finally, for once, we'd have a capable 2nd line player.

Let me ask: what you feel more comfortable with as a 2nd line center? A healthy Forsberg, who is arguably still one of the best players in the league, or Jiri Hudler?

Let me ask: what you feel more comfortable with as a 2nd line center? A healthy Forsberg, who is arguably still one of the best players in the league, or Jiri Hudler?

Bring back Lang!!!

Jokes aside I'm not sure if I want Forsberg anymore - not for any emotional reasons (I'm Swedish and I will always love the guy) - but because of his recurring injuries. IF he's healthy - always the big thing with this guy - he'd make the 2nd line on his own, wouldn't really matter who we put with him. But I'd rather give a guy like Filpulla some more minutes to develop, I have great hopes for this guy. But obviously if he doesn't work out - which we'll see early - then by november it might be nice to sign a healthy Forsberg instead...

I love the title to this thread. It may or may not happen.

You might as well have a thread that says...

J.S. Giguere traded to the Wings!!!

(it may or may not happen)

Fact is fact Forsbum is not liked here in Hockeytown, but did we not have that same feelings about Cheli and look how long he has been in Detroit we all have a love hate relationship here we all hate him but would love to have him in a winged jersey. If the Wings can get him at a decent price I say go for it he is one hell of a hockey player and would help the Wings win a cup. :siren:

The fact he's not a known Red Wings fan is hardly a reason not to want him...

In many cases (maybe most) it would not be a deterrent. However, like I said, you're looking at a guy who can't stay healthy and whose heart simply does not reside in the NHL anymore. I could easily see him signing a contract, missing the postseason, and laughing all the way to the bank. The Chelios signing isn't really comparable, IMO; the guy's a balls-to-the-walls warrior every season and he wasn't one bad check away from becoming a vegetable like Floppa is.

I say suppress the knee-jerk urge to sign Forsberg for the sake of signing Forsberg and save the money for a better cause, be it signing a big FA next summer or adding an extra bathroom to Hank's mansion.

Edited by Dabura

I could easily see him signing a contract, missing the postseason, and laughing all the way to the bank.

I really don't see this happening.

Here is a look at Forsberg's playoff career:

- 1994 – 95 Quebec played 6 playoff games, Forsberg played all 6 with 6 points.

- 1995 - 96 Colorado played 22 playoff games, Forsberg played all 22 with 18 points

- 1996 – 97 Colorado played 17 playoff games, Forsberg played in 14 with 17 Points

- 1997 – 98 Colorado played 7 playoff games, Forsberg played in all 7 with 11 points

- 1998 – 99 Colorado played 19 playoff games, Forsberg played in all 19 with 24 points

- 1999 – 00 Colorado played 17 playoff games, Forsberg played in 16 with 15 points

- 2000 – 01 Colorado played 22 playoff games, Forsberg played in 11 with 14 points

- 2001 – 02 Colorado played 21 playoff games, Forsberg played in 20 with 27 points

- 2002 – 03 Colorado played 7 playoff games, Forsberg played in all 7 with 8 points

- 2003 – 04 Colorado played 11 playoff games, Forsberg played in all 11 with 14 points

- 2005 – 06 Philadelphia played 6 playoff games, Forsberg played in all 6 with 8 points

- 2006 – 07 Nashville played 5 playoff games, Forsberg played in all 5 with 4 points

He played in 144 of a possible 160 playoff games. 11 of his missed playoff games were in 1 season (which was a year that his team ended up winning the cup, so his absence did not hurt the team). This was the season that his spleen was ruptured, not an injury that can happen again since we only have 1 spleen....

He hasn't missed a playoff game since the 2001 - 02 season, in which he played 20 of 21 games. (The one missed game was a game 6 loss, he was back on the ice for the win in game 7)

Forsberg may miss large portions of the regular season, but when it really matters, he has been there for the most part, and has contributed in a big way (166 points in 144 playoff games).

I would not mind Forsie on our team... although since the option of either him or sergei is always posed.... I would still take sergei over him.

Actually, it's why it may or may not happen.

Well seeing as the article he is referencing is called FORSBERG TO WINGS? Why Detroit might and might not get Swede

I think that his topic and title are pretty well on point, Unlike your post!!

Having said that,

I repeat my point from the other threads, his body is weary and beaten, the odds of him being healthy come playoff time are not very good. However according to Vladinator's post that might actually help bring a cup to the wings!

isbister

Do not know you or know where you are from, I know in Europe the C word is a little more loosely used but in the US (again not sure where you are from) is just one of those words that should not be thrown around a lot.

I use it from time to time, but not with people I do not know.

I guess just saying if you are going to use it, expect some back lash.

When I post that I think J-ho should be the starter next year I am aware of the s*** storm headed my way. You should be aware of what your posts will bring your way.

Case in point if you use the C word expect to be called out on it!!

Most of those picks were traded away before the salary cap went into effect. The way the league is structured now, developing talent is much more important than before the lockout. The Red Wings used to rely solely on signing big name free agents, by sacrificing their draft picks. It will take a big-time player for Holland to trade away that first round pick now.

What? You mean free agents like Yzerman, Lidstrom, Fedorov, Datsyuk, Zetterburg? The Wings in the last 10-15 years have built mainly on finding gems in the lower ends of the drafts. As far as free agents, sure they grabbed a few high caliber free agents but they also got some big names with trades - Shanahan and Hasek come to mind.

To say that they relied on free agents, is just not accurate.