• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BigTex

Today is the day for Avery

Rate this topic

How much are we thinking he is going to be coming here? I mean 4 million for Aves.... I think NOT! That is HUGE overpayment for his style of play.

I would rather use the 4 million and take a risk on forsberg. Drake will already agitate and score for his $550,000.00

Just so you know, Avery HIMSELF is seeking 2.6M. I dont think the arbitrators are going to give him nearly 1.5M more than what Avery himself thinks hes worth...

...and to be honest, I find it interesting that the 2.6M that Avery wants is actually pretty reasonable. People forget hes still really young, has improved his skill to the point where he could be a 2nd liner when needed and pot 20 goals, while still playing a type of game that every team needs.

And just to set some people straight here, Maltby is not even close to being in the same boat as Avery anymore in terms of being an agitator, and all this talk about how Shanahan is the reason Avery has quieted down a bit, do you honestly think that Chelios couldnt do the same?

Avery should be signed for about 2.5M/year and for sure a guy like Chelios could keep him in line. At the same time I think most Wings would love to see Avery do what he does best ; stir things up and put some points up. This guy kicks a@@ these days and Detroit could use a complete player like him. I think if Markov is as good as gone now, and if we could land Avery, we might still have a chance to pass Tampa Bay and Minnesota for total fights.

He was making 1.1million, no way I 'd pay him 2.5 I'd tell him to take a hike for that much. Given the line up th reangers already have they dont need him as bad as they need the 2.5 million.

So what if he was making 1.1 million? Do people think that a guy should only get so much of a raise just because he was previously only getting paid so much?? So I guess we shouldnt offer Zetterberg anything more than 5M, because he was making 2.65 before and 7 million would be too much of a raise.

In this market, a guy that can do pretty much everything - hit, fight, score, kill PKs, set people up, and is as healthy as an ox - he is definitely worth 2.5M, even if it is a 1.4M raise.

So what if he was making 1.1 million? Do people think that a guy should only get so much of a raise just because he was previously only getting paid so much?? So I guess we shouldnt offer Zetterberg anything more than 5M, because he was making 2.65 before and 7 million would be too much of a raise.

In this market, a guy that can do pretty much everything - hit, fight, score, kill PKs, set people up, and is as healthy as an ox - he is definitely worth 2.5M, even if it is a 1.4M raise.

Sorry I just don't think he's that good. He has a very inflametory personality and often causes problems with others. Not an element any one wants in the locker room.

He's a punk that completly took Kovalchuk out of his game when we played the thrashers in the playoffs. Kovalchuk was more worried about hurting Avery than scoring goals. Having a punk on your team isn't always a bad thing.

:clap:

Guest jaytan

I can't believe he's only asking for 2.6. I'd pay the guy at least 3.5 mill (and try to get him locked up long term), the way the contracts have been this off-season.

Contracts have seemed to calm down a bit now that a lot of big names are off of the table.

Wait I take that back, Vanek, Penner, Roy. Nevermind must have mixed up the Cocaine for sugar on my cheerios this am!

According to the CBA, Avery and his manager were not supposed to leak the Abitration documents to the press. So, what happens? The biggest bottomfeeder in the NY media, Larry Brooks, publishes it and takes things out of context.

I don't think Sean Avery is smart enought to think of doing that himself. It smells of a poor manager. Now the whole process is tainted. Avery and his manager are pretty stupid to piss off Glen Sather or for that matter the NY fans. We don't like being jerked around.

Avery comes to Broadway and lights a spark. Bulls***! It was the confluence of several events, Callahan, Girardi stepping up, not the least of which was Lundqvist going lights out down the stretch. Avery was good but it was hardly like Messier coming from Edmonton. Sather sent Cullen at $2.8 back to Carolins and Cullen has more upside then Avery.

If the Rangers offer Avery around $2million he should take it and shut his mouth. Avery should remember that after being shipped from Detroit, he has a another chance to play for a premier original six NHL franchise in the Big Apple.

Avery needs to take the humble pill, come in here next year and play his ass off. If he doesn't want to re-up with the Rangers when he's a UFA in '08, f*** him. He can go and play in some backwater franchise like Sunrise or Phoenix. I'm sure Elisha will like that.

Guest jaytan

NYR has been a pretty damned backwater franchise for most of its existence. All I ever remember them doing is spending like (retarded) sailors and winning once in the modern era. Just because it's in the Big City (golly!) doesn't mean it has much to brag about. If it weren't for Avery last season, I bet you guys would've missed the playoffs.