• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

raasc1dj

Chances of landing Forsberg...

Rate this topic

25%.

The other 75% hold the options of him signing with Colorado, Nashville, or retiring. It's not impossible though, the Swedish core of our lineup does make it at least a little bit probable.

Foreskins better days are behind him. He has proven not to be nearly as effective when he isn't surrounded by superior talent. He's always injured. And he's a diver. We don't need him here. I'd rather sign D-Mac for a song than Peter Foreskin.

Foreskins better days are behind him. He has proven not to be nearly as effective when he isn't surrounded by superior talent. He's always injured. And he's a diver. We don't need him here. I'd rather sign D-Mac for a song than Peter Foreskin.

You'd rather sign a guy that's a constant healthy scratch on a team with less depth than us?

cool another flopper thread

i'd say eleventeen %

real mature...

so... are pretty much all of you saying that if you were given the option of a cup with the help of Forsberg and no cup at all.. you would take the no cup???

Edited by raasc1dj

The chances of forsberg are 3.3333333 % exactly considering their is 29 other teams that could also land him ... each team has a fair amount of chance of signging him ... he is an ufa its just up to the team that is the most genorous and that gives him probably the best opurtinity to win so... even tho I would want to see him in a wings jersey I really wouldn't care if he wasn't in a wings jersey either lol ..

Edit : Put the ---> . before the wrong 3 lol

Edited by KrazyGangsta

Guest Crymson

Out of 100%... what do you think our chances of getting Forsberg are?

20%. I figure he'll go to Colorado if he goes anywhere.

I'd take him in a heartbeat--he's still physical, he's still a general out on the ice, and he will put up points no matter what. However, the contract would need to be incentive-laden.

The chances of forsberg are 33.3333333 % exactly considering their is 29 other teams that could also land him ... each team has a fair amount of chance of signging him ... he is an ufa its just up to the team that is the most genorous and that gives him probably the best opurtinity to win so... even tho I would want to see him in a wings jersey I really wouldn't care if he wasn't in a wings jersey either lol ...

i think you got your maths a bit wrong

While we're at it, can we trade back for Bertuzzi, trade for Pronger, sign Forsberg, talk Claude Lemieux out of retirement, and maybe throw in Bryan Marchment, Jordan Tootoo and Scott Hartnell?

I'd honestly like to see us try to land a legitimate top-six forward who will actually contribute to the team for a full season and not be a me-first cancer in the locker room. Or, if nothing else, save the money for a late-season rental and then make a big splash in the UFA market next season, particularly if Lidstrom ends up retiring - Dany Heatley, anybody?

Forsberg isn't worth the 4-5 million his ego will command and there are some much better ways to use the cap room than on floppa.

real mature...

so... are pretty much all of you saying that if you were given the option of a cup with the help of Forsberg and no cup at all.. you would take the no cup???

There are several ignorant people in Colorado who if you mention anything about the Wings, they'll give you a ignorant fan's opinion. I thought it may different in MI, but obviously not. First off, the rivalry is dead between the two. Secondly, Forsberg hasn't been an Av for awhile now. Get over it.

Edited by Mudvayneowns91

a) we don't need him, certainly not for the price

b) Av turnips would have a cow if he "came home" to Denver - maybe he will go, out of loyalty to the franchise

c) we have plenty of stellar Swedes already in Detroit

Anywhere but here, please.

"Landing" Forsberg... that term 'landing' makes me think of landing a fish on a line -- and having it flop all over the dock, like Petey when he dives. Sorry, Forsberg fans. I'll never like the guy, no matter what uni he's sporting.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

57 pts in 55 games is bad? Yea K thxs

Yes I'd rather do that than sign Peter Forsberg. Yes.

Gonna quote ur sig. " Common Sense isn't very Common"

The chances of forsberg are 3.3333333 % exactly considering their is 29 other teams that could also land him ... each team has a fair amount of chance of signging him ... he is an ufa its just up to the team that is the most genorous and that gives him probably the best opurtinity to win so... even tho I would want to see him in a wings jersey I really wouldn't care if he wasn't in a wings jersey either lol ..

Edit : Put the ---> . before the wrong 3 lol

You're right but let's elaborate.

There's 30 teams in the league, let's take a gander of the teams that can't afford him... Seeing as my prediction is he goes for 4M+.

Minnesota

Anaheim

Boston

Toronto

NY Rangers

Philadelphia

That eliminates 6 teams. So you multiply your 3.33% x 6, which gives us 19.98%, good enough for 20%... Our chances of signing him are 20%.

:)

I'd probably say the chance's of Forsberg playing for the Wings are 50 - 50. It doesn't bother me who he used to play for , what matter's is who he'd be playing for now. IMO he'd be a great addition to the Wings roster . the only thing that holds me back from really wanting him to sign up is the injuries. If he could beat them and stay fit , i'd have him playing for us ....no probs whatsoever.

I'd probably say the chance's of Forsberg playing for the Wings are 50 - 50. It doesn't bother me who he used to play for , what matter's is who he'd be playing for now. IMO he'd be a great addition to the Wings roster . the only thing that holds me back from really wanting him to sign up is the injuries. If he could beat them and stay fit , i'd have him playing for us ....no probs whatsoever.

EXACTLY. it doesn't matter one bit who he played for. To not want the player cause he's hurt a lot is a valid reason. To not want a player cause he use to play for a rival team eventhough he can make your team better doesn't make sense to me

Edited by Mudvayneowns91

Playing for Colorado: 30 %

Playing for Nashville: 5 %

Playing for Philly: 10 %

Playing for Detroit: 20 %

Returning to Sweden: 15 %

Retiring: 15 %

Hosting a dating show on E! : 5 %

Philly can barely afford a chocolate bar at this point.