• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

raasc1dj

Chances of landing Forsberg...

Rate this topic

I don't want Forsberg, he played for that team in Colorado, like, 25 years ago.

Man, Forsberg makes Gordie Howe's career look like nothing.

I keep seeing all this hatred toward's Forsberg. If he signs for the Red Wings I'm thinking he'll be accepted. Cheli was hated too and we all know how that turned out.

good post. The way i see it is forsberg will help win a cup, the only player i would turn down for that role would be the turtle

I keep seeing all this hatred toward's Forsberg. If he signs for the Red Wings I'm thinking he'll be accepted. Cheli was hated too and we all know how that turned out.

idk.... He played for that Colorado team.... The Wings and the Avs rivalry couldn't be any more intense than it is right now. The whole Drapes and Kamensky incidents in the 90's are nothing compared to what the rivalry has been since the lockout.

good post. The way i see it is forsberg will help win a cup, the only player i would turn down for that role would be the turtle

Out of all the player's that played for the Av's back in the day of the rivalry , he'd be the only one that i'd never want to see playing for the Wings . I'm very thankfull that dirty cheapshot artist has retired.

THANK YOU!!!! Also, let us not forget the hatred everyone had towards Konstantinov. He was one of the most hated players in the league but that was ok to wings fans cuz he was a redwing!

Edited by raasc1dj

forsberg helps toward winning a cup, and kenny will sign him for a resonable price im sure...hell sign him, nothing better left

Even over say, Selanne? I think Forsberg may have once given more to a club than Selanne, but with Petes injuries, i'm not so sure. Though, that being said, I find it hard to see Selanne leaving the Ducks for any reason but retirement.

Guest jaytan

As a % who wants him to rot in hell and die of ghonneria?

100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be nice, and with ghonneria the humiliation factor is a nice touch.... But I'd like him to see an even more painful and prolongued demise.

Even over say, Selanne? I think Forsberg may have once given more to a club than Selanne, but with Petes injuries, i'm not so sure. Though, that being said, I find it hard to see Selanne leaving the Ducks for any reason but retirement.

Selanne is looking more and more toward retiring since the ducks dont even have enough money to sign him now. Im pretty sure with selanne its the ducks or retirement sadly, but youre right, I would take selanne over forsberg

Chance of becoming a Wing? 5%

Chance of retiring 35%

Chance of returning to Colorado 40%

Chances of returning to one of his other former teams 20%

His returning to Colorado would be for the same reasons as Fedorov returning to Detroit. To say goodbye and finish were he was treated the best.

BTW at he's too young to be offered an incentive laden contract, so is he worth dumping $3.5mil minimum into that he'll still command? I rather go how we are.

You're right but let's elaborate.

There's 30 teams in the league, let's take a gander of the teams that can't afford him... Seeing as my prediction is he goes for 4M+.

Minnesota

Anaheim

Boston

Toronto

NY Rangers

Philadelphia

That eliminates 6 teams. So you multiply your 3.33% x 6, which gives us 19.98%, good enough for 20%... Our chances of signing him are 20%.

:)

That really doesn't make any sense. He got 3.33% from 1/30, because there are 30 teams. So if you eliminate six, it becomes 1/ 24, not 1/5. 1/24=4.16%, therefore this theory states that we have a 4.16% chance, not 19.98%.

Edited by Dano33

Yes you are right. I made a goof.

BUT... I do think we'd be one of the top 5 teams in the running, right behind Nashville and Colorado maybe.