• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeyguru

Fedorov

Rate this topic

Ok I understand people still being bitter about fedorov leaving detroit. But my question is, why are people using term "WASHED UP" or HAS-BIN. Players like Lindros, Yashin, Curtis Joseph, Leclair, Nolan. Those guys are Washed up. Lindros because of injuries(Considering early in his career he was labled the next big thing.)

I know the last few years fed's production has dropped greatly but here are a few reasons,

2005-06 season-Injuries- He was injured(only 62 games played)

06-07 season- he played half of the season on the blueline.

IMO he is still one of the best two players in the game. And for people to say you couldn't compare him to abel or lindsey is very laughable. The year he went to anaheim, he notched 30+ goals that year. So he had a couple of off years. It happens. He is only HUMAN!!!!!! He is one of the few players in the league(Crosby, sakic, Forsberg...........)

that can take a game over by HIMSELF. If he is so "WASHED UP", Why is it everytime we play against the jackets,(or any other team plays them) the top defense pairing always trys to contain him?..... Because he is still one of the most dangerous players in the leauge. He'd be the last person I would want rushing in on a break-away towards dom. And still has one of the most lethal slapshot in the league?

Now I am not trying to piss people off but I just don't understand how people are labeling him Washed up. No he is not the same player he used to be, but is still an elite forward

If 38 years old, being moved to the Blue Line from Center, on one of the worst teams in the League, doesn't mean a player is washed up, I don't know what is.

We already signed Drake, there's no way we're getting another 38 year old.

If 38 years old, being moved to the Blue Line from Center, on one of the worst teams in the League, doesn't mean a player is washed up, I don't know what is.

Actually, Fedorov is 37. :D

Well considering they also have one of the worst bluelines in the league doesn't mean he is washed up

Guest GordieSid&Ted

And when did I say he was? I was just saying I didn't see why people are labeling him Washed up

You probably could've put this in one of the other active Feds threads. Just my opinion.

I don't think he's washed up. I think he's a borderline 2nd line player. When he was healthy he had Zherdev and Nash and they couldn't do anything together. Of course excuses will be made about chemistry. But excuses are just those, excuses, such as he was injured, he played on a bad team. As for the injury excuse, why is we rag on every injured player like Forskin but when it comes to Feds his injuries are a cop out for his sad production? He's nearing 38, he's had some injuries, he's not getting any younger. My point here is that the injury excuse is bogus in my mind. If we're holding injuries against a player as a reason not to acquire him then they shouldn't be used as an excuse for Fedorov.

He can still do alot of good things but I watched most of his games last year and simply wasn't too impressed with him. He's nothing like he was and the only Fedorov I want back is the one that was like the 2002 version and he's never coming back so let's move on.

he's not washed up though, far from it.

You probably could've put this in one of the other active Feds threads. Just my opinion.

I don't think he's washed up. I think he's a borderline 2nd line player. When he was healthy he had Zherdev and Nash and they couldn't do anything together. Of course excuses will be made about chemistry. But excuses are just those, excuses, such as he was injured, he played on a bad team. As for the injury excuse, why is we rag on every injured player like Forskin but when it comes to Feds his injuries are a cop out for his sad production? He's nearing 38, he's had some injuries, he's not getting any younger. My point here is that the injury excuse is bogus in my mind. If we're holding injuries against a player as a reason not to acquire him then they shouldn't be used as an excuse for Fedorov.

He can still do alot of good things but I watched most of his games last year and simply wasn't too impressed with him. He's nothing like he was and the only Fedorov I want back is the one that was like the 2002 version and he's never coming back so let's move on.

he's not washed up though, far from it.

THANK YOU!!!!!!! :clap:

I sold my Fedorov jersey after he left to some weirdo Edmonton fan. I hate all California teams so there's no way I was going to be a Ducks fan.. But we got the better deal of it cause although I wouldn't say he's washed up, he isn't near the player he was.

(edit: hate the ducks, love the wings)

Edited by Mudvayneowns91

The Feds threads crop up every so often, but I pretty much ignore them since: 1) it doesn't matter, our opinions are moot, and 2) it's such a pointless topic. Either he will or he won't be a deadline acquisition and I don't care too much about it until people (other than Eklund) start talking about it. (and yeah, this isn't about getting him, I'm just saying how ridiculous it is)

But if I'm reading you right, are you saying that he's washed up because he was moved to D?

I gotta say, that's not a good argument for labeling him a has-been.

Edited by Flip-check

But if I'm reading you right, are you saying that he's washed up because he was moved to D?

I gotta say, that's not a good argument for labeling him a has-been.

Just like that damned Nicklas Lidstrom.

Just like that damned Nicklas Lidstrom.

Who has ever said Lidstrom is washed up? Why even try to make that argument? The man won a Norris Trophy for God sakes.

When Feds wins a Norris Trophy himself, then we'll talk,

Edited by Kp-Wings

Who has ever said Lidstrom is washed up? Why even try to make that argument? The man won a Norris Trophy for God sakes.

When Feds wins a Norris Trophy himself, then we'll talk,

LOL. You are funny. It's the whole assumption that someone playing on defense means they have less skill than someone on offense that I'm taking a shot at....please and thank you.

LOL. You are funny. It's the whole assumption that someone playing on defense means they have less skill than someone on offense that I'm taking a shot at....please and thank you.

Maybe you could try making that more clear then.

Guest Crymson

Please, either claw my eyes out so I don't need to read the incessant Fedorov threads anymore.

Edited by Crymson

Please, either claw my eyes out so I don't need to read the incessant Fedorov threads anymore or just go away.

And yet you added to the topic :):D

Oh, isn't it ironic...don't you think?