• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CrossoverThrash

Raise for Avery, Rangers have accepted.

Rate this topic

I think that Avery might be one of those guys that plays his best when he's edgy, loud, and getting under other people's skins. Who knows, if he mellows out then maybe he'll lose some of his motivation to be tenacious and gritty. I guess that some players just have different methods of motivation than others.

I'm all for being an agitator, as long as it's to your opponent and not your teammates.

This is a great turn of events for the Rangers in theory...

I'm just hoping that Sean Avery can keep his head on straight for at least most of the season. Either way he is surely fun to watch and will continue to draw the crouds in and garner some attention which is a good thing especially here in New York.

Guest Crymson

C'mon man, that was BEFORE arbitration, of course they're going to knock him in order to hopefully save some money. Avery has been getting better and better IMO. He looked good in LA last year and continued to in NY. People just don't know it because nobody watches the LA games. All they see is what stupid comment he made in the press and make up their minds that he's no good because he's not "a top six forward". I'd take him in a heartbeat. When he's on the ice he's nothing but fast energy!

But I digress...

esteef

Do you remember his conduct in '05-'06?

Wasn't it Avery whom was involved in a "wrasslin" match with a teammate that resulted in a broken wrist (Scott Thorton I believe)?

I wouldn't mind having a player that brings what he brings to the ice, but his off the ice comments/antics is not we need IMHO.

I've never heard of that. I believe Scott and Sean are pretty good friends.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

I've never heard of that. I believe those Scott and Sean are pretty good friends.

It's true. I think Avery actually threw a medicine ball at Scott Thronton, or maybe it was the other way around. Either way, one was thrown.

Do you remember his conduct in '05-'06?

If you mean his stupid comments to the media then yes. Avery merely uses the media to further his aggitation game. He'll make a ridiculous comment, then everyone for the next couple of games will try and go after him, and not concentrate on their gameplan. I've seen him do it time and time again in LA. It either draws a penalty for his team cause someone's going out of their way to get to him, his team scores because someone's out of position trying to give him a shot, or someone fights him. All of those scenarios work out for his team.

I'm not saying he's the Wings answer to our second line scorer issue, I just don't really give too much credence to the crap he says in the media. He's working his game that's all. Plenty of sports figures make ridiculous comments in the media (hello Gary Sheffield), it's almost commonplace now.

peace,

esteef