• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hatethedrake!

Eklund Article

Rate this topic

Great article! And it's funny that Eklund himself has threatened Peklund. Talk about hypocritical!

Anyway, I think the article hit it on the head.

"Eklund" was a collection of people that knew nothing about hockey but might have known a janitor for the Oilers or the mail-boy for the Coyotes.

"Eklunds" popularity soared and eventually the 'head puppet' Dwayne took the reigns and now runs with it. So basically, through lies and a pile of fraud, he WAS able to gain some access to real sources (not good ones though) and has no firmly planted himself inside the NHL.

He was on XM yesterday and I made myself into a hypocrite by listening to him (train crash mentality I guess). Anyway, he spewed some of his nonesense to which the staff shot down and presented a more realisitc scenario. In each case, Dwayne (sorry, Eklund) sounded as if he was way over his head. At one point, when asked a detailed question, he had no answer so he began stumbling and making up non-sensical statements. I couldn't help but think of that scene in Anchorman when Brick starts yelling "Loud Noises!!!" because he's unaware of what's going on. That's Eklund.

Fraud. Rofl if you read all of that than just wow.....

Imagine writing it. It has some interesting things from the rest of the blogosphere though.

I haven't followed Eklund all that much like all these people have, but some of this stuff is just downright freaky, and believable out of someone who runs his "career" like he does.

This is from a conversation between a Hurricanes blogger (acidqueen.projectremains.com) after an AIM user contacted her that looked like Eklund, and also later in the transcript after an offer for her to "join" Hockeybuzz was rejected:

(16:58:01) eklundsaim: very interestingâ€Â¦you gave eric my aimâ€Â¦.you just solidified my case. thank you

(17:01:20) acidqueen5426: Hard to solidify something you don̢۪t have, chief.

(17:39:58) eklundsaim: you don’t even know probably, because reading you I imagine you are not involved at the level that I am legally trackingâ€Â¦I have had people threaten my children, my wife, my mother, etcâ€Â¦they have been sending anonymous emails through a service, and fortunatley I know a prosecuter who is helping me out. Homeland security ip checking technologyâ€Â¦Anyway, this anonymous person just sent me another email that tied it all togetherâ€Â¦this is just hockey acid queenâ€Â¦I will protect my family at all costsâ€Â¦

(17:41:58) eklundsaim: i have done nothing illegal..it is very illegal to threaten someone through anonymous emails.

(17:42:03) eklundsaim: now I have them

(17:42:24) eklundsaim: so my family and I thank you.

And like Wyshynski mentioned in the article, he's denied anonymously responding to other blogs (despite IP-tracking him) and said people are claiming to be him on AOL Messenger (come the f*** on), but Eklund smells like he's just full of more s***.

I wasn't even aware of this kind of stuff going behind the scenes with blog circles, but seeing this actually pisses me off, if it's all true. He sounds like a manipulative little turd, and who knows the full story, but whatever.

This guy is garbage.

Edited by Flip-check

At Peklunds site he says that Eklund came on there and 'lost' it. I searched the archives but I couldn't find it.

Has anyone seen this?

PEKLUND is going to drive that delusional schizophrenic (Eklund) into the looney bin where he belongs. This is what PEKLUND just wrote:

Eklund I know you're reading this and are so tempted to come on here and threaten me again. So I have this to say to you...

KISS MY ASS you phoney whiny little scum sucking douchebag! P5

got to give it to Peklund, he's a pretty damn funny guy, I read his blog everyday now LOL :D

"So I am interested in knowing how this guy keeps getting idiots to pay him money? Can any of you tell me? I'd really like to know. I mean he has no more sources than you or I do. Yet people still think he does. Are people really this stupid? It's pretty sad isn't it?

So we know Eklund has lied about his identity. He has come on his own site under different aliases and defended himself. HE even came on my site and threatened to take my internet away. LOL

The way I see it is Eklund is a little boy who is a total fraud who disguises himself under an alias which allows him to be someone he "wants to be." You see he has no life. Nothing. He lives in his mom's basement eating tootsie rolls and listening to old "WHAM" albums. I am willing to bet he has a HARDY BOYS book collection stashed away under his bed as well and watches re-runs of Gilligan's Island. P5"

man there is a lot of hate for Ekland, what really has he done to piss you off that most internet bloggers don't do? I'm not saying I like the guy but wow

that's what i've been saying forever. he runs a rumor site. and claims that it's a rumor site. rumors are usually wrong, sometimes they're right. Don't know about Detroit, but he's had a lot of Preds stuff before anyone else. I think he really has a contact in our organization and probably a few others.

Either way, it's entertainment, it's an internet blog, not like he's sports editor for the new york times or something. Ek is an okay dude, if you don't like his blog then don't read it, but it's hardly reason for everyone to continually bash on the guy.

man there is a lot of hate for Ekland, what really has he done to piss you off that most internet bloggers don't do? I'm not saying I like the guy but wow

my only problem is because people keep posting his crap in this forum.

there'll be some thread about a trade or a deal in the works, and inevitably in the post it will say "I know it's Eklund, but..."

if people would keep it to the rumors forum where it belongs, I could care less because I'd never have to wade through his idiotic rumours. Its hard to believe the guy even watches hockey based on some of the things he posts. But if he can get suckers to read his site, and even pay for it, more power to him.

"Lou Lamoriello is so worried about LOWE THE RFA NAZI that he is shopping Parise around the league. He wants only a deal which makes sense for the Devils. I am hearing (not really) that Lou wants 2 1st round picks, 3 2nd round picks and 10 3rd round picks PLUS $2 million in cash for Parise. "We need to get value for this player because he is the best player in the game today" Lou told me 4 minutes ago on my Fisher Price walkie talkie. P2"

I read this and laughed for several minutes.

Edited by Systemfel

Eklund does a lot of :drunk: when he posts rumors I think. I barely take what he says seriously, because he rumors so many things and just reports stuff out of left field. He'll be right every now and then, but just reports so much weird things that it's hard to take him serious.

What is funnier though is that you'll continue to see threads in here about him posting a rumor about player ABC or XYZ possibly going to a destination, and people here just tear the thread to shreads. And members here STILL make at least 100 different threads on Eklund rumors throughout the course of a season.

If he has little/no credibility, why post anything about his rumors at all? Doesn't make too much sense to me. But then again, I don't make sense and am a weird and unnormal person, so...