• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hatethedrake!

Eklund Article

Rate this topic

If he has little/no credibility, why post anything about his rumors at all? Doesn't make too much sense to me.

I used to point that out to people - "come on, it's Eklund! Any one of us could be just as accurate using a Magic 8 Ball!" - but I've stopped because people continue to regurgitate his spewed garbage.

As for that pic, it looks like Severus Snape with a glandular problem... :huh:

I used to point that out to people - "come on, it's Eklund! Any one of us could be just as accurate using a Magic 8 Ball!" - but I've stopped because people continue to regurgitate his spewed garbage.

As for that pic, it looks like Severus Snape with a glandular problem... :huh:

You guys have to check out the comments for the blog entry for July 14th. I'm not sure if it's just someone impersonating Eklund but I can see it being him. He sounds pretty bitter. It's good comedy.

EDIT: SORRY, I just saw that someone else posted this info. Sorry.

Edited by Hank

He gets stuff right sometimes but other times his stuff is so out of left field. Especially his deadline stuff last year. After Calder was already a Wing and Bert too he said Lapointe to Wings E3 or whatever and I was like ummmm they don't need him and I'm sure they don't have the cap space now. I read it for entertainment but I don't take much out of it. Hes made some good points about Nashville recently. To me hes a fan with a few "connections" so he tries to put things together himself. Like oh "huge deal" might be coming. well yeah a huge deal could be coming at any time. With how much GM's probably talk to different teams anything is possible.

You guys have to check out the comments for the blog entry for July 14th. I'm not sure if it's just someone impersonating Eklund but I can see it being him. He sounds pretty bitter. It's good comedy.

EDIT: SORRY, I just saw that someone else posted this info. Sorry.

Eklund and Peklund both can be VERY good comedy. I just take it with a grain of salt whenever an eklund thread comes up. I surely won't pay for his site, so I say no harm, no foul. Disclaimer: He does seem to come off like a severe drunk many times though! :lol:

side note: Hank, did you see the news abouth the pregnant Panda at the San Diego Zoo? I have two words:

" Panda Watch !! " :rotflmao:

I advocate that from now on we call Eklund by his real name, that is, Dwayne Klessel. I'll start us off:

Did you guys hear Dwayne Klessel's latest rumor?

Eklund and Peklund both can be VERY good comedy. I just take it with a grain of salt whenever an eklund thread comes up. I surely won't pay for his site, so I say no harm, no foul. Disclaimer: He does seem to come off like a severe drunk many times though! :lol:

side note: Hank, did you see the news abouth the pregnant Panda at the San Diego Zoo? I have two words:

" Panda Watch !! " :rotflmao:

LOL!

"Panda Watch! The mood is tense; I have been on some serious, serious reports but nothing quite like this. I, uh... Ching... King is inside right now. I tried to get an interview with him, but they said no, you can't do that he's a live bear, he will literally rip your face off.[to the Panda] Hey, you're making me look stupid. Get out here, Panda Jerk! "

P.S. The news about Burke not matching Lowe's offer for Penner made me laugh because Eklund was going on and on about his 'sources' all told him Burke would match the offer. But I guess that's what happens when your source is a "Leapfrog electronic story book".

Eklund: Source, what trades will happen today?

Leapfrog book: Help Dora find the Valcano.

Eklund: Dammit he's right! Sakic will be traded for Wade Belak! <hugs LeapFrog book>.

LOL!

"Panda Watch! The mood is tense; I have been on some serious, serious reports but nothing quite like this. I, uh... Ching... King is inside right now. I tried to get an interview with him, but they said no, you can't do that he's a live bear, he will literally rip your face off.[to the Panda] Hey, you're making me look stupid. Get out here, Panda Jerk! "

P.S. The news about Burke not matching Lowe's offer for Penner made me laugh because Eklund was going on and on about his 'sources' all told him Burke would match the offer. But I guess that's what happens when your source is a "Leapfrog electronic story book".

Eklund: Source, what trades will happen today?

Leapfrog book: Help Dora find the Valcano.

Eklund: Dammit he's right! Sakic will be traded for Wade Belak! <hugs LeapFrog book>.

Leapfrog, that's damn funny , my son used to have one ...now he has graduated to the FLY Pen. I'm guessing my son's and Eklund's education level are the same, so look for eklund to be consulting the mighty FLY PEN soon.

(Eklund touches paper, pen says: Datsyuk to Was. for Ovechkin P4 ! )

Say what you want about the man's hockey knowledge, but he's got people paying him for complete loads of bulls***. He may be a complete fraud insofar as a hockey analyst is concerned, but as a businessman, he's got my respect.

Say what you want about the man's hockey knowledge, but he's got people paying him for complete loads of bulls***. He may be a complete fraud insofar as a hockey analyst is concerned, but as a businessman, he's got my respect.

Not mine. Lying and frauding people out of their money by using their hopes against them isn't something I hand resect to.

There's pedophiles out there that make lots of money too running 'legit' businesses that cater to their sick fantasies. I guess anyone that makes a buck deserves respect?

Not mine. Lying and frauding people out of their money by using their hopes against them isn't something I hand resect to.

There's pedophiles out there that make lots of money too running 'legit' businesses that cater to their sick fantasies. I guess anyone that makes a buck deserves respect?

No, definitely not. Comparing Eklund to a pedophile, however, is a bit of a stretch.

Perhaps respect was a poor choice of words. Credit where credit's due, though, even if he is a bit of a scumbag.

I am one of the stupid people that have paid for his site. I have been a hockey fan for a long while but really just got into the whole internet thing recently. As you can see I just joined this site this year and found out about hockeybuzz before this. I have paid for a couple sites. Hockeybuzz being the biggest let down. I was intriged by the "insider" rumors, which I have never recieved. You get a rumor chart that is awful and only his speculation on things. The chat room is where you find the latest "rumors" after everyone else becuase he always blogs it first. I knew he was full of s*** when he got less right on his UFA fantasy game then me and I had 2 right. If all you want is some cool hockey speculation it is not a bad site but ***DO NOT PAY FOR IT*** there is absolutely no reason to. Although I support here with little incentive it is becuase I love the site and hope that it maintains it's level. I supported here by wanting to contribute to the awsome job, not becuase I got sucked in by "rumor charts" and "insider info".

No, definitely not. Comparing Eklund to a pedophile, however, is a bit of a stretch.

Perhaps respect was a poor choice of words. Credit where credit's due, though, even if he is a bit of a scumbag.

Yes, comparing him to a pedophile is a huge stretch but my point is that not everyone that can make a buck exploiting peoples passions deserves respect or even credit.

I loathe the man because he's getting publicity and invading genuine, respectable mediums like newspaper, radio and TV with his lying, frauding, vomit he calls 'rumours and sources'.

It looks like people that are forced to work with this idiot are finally getting somewhere in outing him and revealing him to be the lying snitch that he is. "I wrote a very successful novel that gave me enough money that I don't have to work", "I was an intern for the Quebec Nordiques before working under Zeigler and Bettman". Yeah right. Both of those have been found to be lies. And now this douchebag is trying to lie his way onto the PHWA. Can you imagine having to deal with this skidmark when reading USAToday or NHL.com? I'd sooner start watching the WNBA.

Edited by Hank

I think the credit would be better if it were credible though.

I just see no difference between this and any other method for milking people. It's not as harmful as some frauds, but it's still Dwayne being a leech on the people that get duped.

I am one of the stupid people that have paid for his site. I have been a hockey fan for a long while but really just got into the whole internet thing recently. As you can see I just joined this site this year and found out about hockeybuzz before this. I have paid for a couple sites. Hockeybuzz being the biggest let down. I was intriged by the "insider" rumors, which I have never recieved. You get a rumor chart that is awful and only his speculation on things. The chat room is where you find the latest "rumors" after everyone else becuase he always blogs it first. I knew he was full of s*** when he got less right on his UFA fantasy game then me and I had 2 right. If all you want is some cool hockey speculation it is not a bad site but ***DO NOT PAY FOR IT*** there is absolutely no reason to. Although I support here with little incentive it is becuase I love the site and hope that it maintains it's level. I supported here by wanting to contribute to the awsome job, not becuase I got sucked in by "rumor charts" and "insider info".

See, that's just it. For someone that claims to be so 'tapped in' there's no way you should have beaten him with 2 correct guesses.

This man has NO sources. They're all fake and all his 'rumours' come from his anal plug or from his garbage man.

He's even too stupid to even suggest how rediculous some of the deals he posts are. For instance; after the trade deadline and all the way until he was signed, he claimed that Ryan Smyth was absolutely going to sign with Calgary. But if you broke down Calgary's cap situation along with future RFA's you would see that there was no way the Flames could sign another $5M+ guy without seriously hurting them in the depth department. But not Ek. His rubiks cube told him that Smyth was a lock. But it wasn't even close.

He even went on XM Radio and said "The NHL playoffs will start on X date. It's guarenteed. This info is coming from the top. Beleive me." And yet when the schedule came out, you guessed it, he was wrong.

He has NO sources at all. And from that latest article anyone that opposes him he tries to give them a job so as to eliminate another non-believer.

The fact is, all of his lying aside, his website could be good for some of the articles that are posted there by legitimate writers, or even for use of the message boards.

But most of the writers there are idiots too (with a lot of them being bloggers just like Eklund or Peklund with little to no information of what's actually going on) and the message board is filled with empty heads that really believe a McCabe for Hejduk deal is a good deal for both sides (Oy-Vay!).

So in conclusion, Eklund sucks.

Edited by Hank

I have to ask: is Peklund a Wings fan by any chance? He seems to talk about players on the Wings a lot, so it makes me think he is.

He must be a Wings fan because this is what he said to Brian Burke in a FAKE interview:

Peklund: ***** are you aware of the Mathieu Schneider curse?

Burke: What is that?

Peklund: The Red Wings have not won a Stanley Cup ever since they traded for Schneider in 2003. Now that he is gone I expect the Red Wings to win the Cup next season. Provided they don't get screwed over in Game 5 again of the WCF and by s*** luck. Have you thanked God yet for that Cup? We all know the Red Wings ***** slapped the Ducks in that series and it was only for Michelin Man Giggy's fat ass blocking all those barrage of Red Wings scoring chances as the reason why you got drunk on champagne and vomited all over Penner after you won the Cup. Is that the real reason why Penner is an Oiler? Because you could not control your vomit? P5

He must be a Wings fan because this is what he said to Brian Burke in a FAKE interview:

Peklund: ***** are you aware of the Mathieu Schneider curse?

Burke: What is that?

Peklund: The Red Wings have not won a Stanley Cup ever since they traded for Schneider in 2003. Now that he is gone I expect the Red Wings to win the Cup next season. Provided they don't get screwed over in Game 5 again of the WCF and by s*** luck. Have you thanked God yet for that Cup? We all know the Red Wings ***** slapped the Ducks in that series and it was only for Michelin Man Giggy's fat ass blocking all those barrage of Red Wings scoring chances as the reason why you got drunk on champagne and vomited all over Penner after you won the Cup. Is that the real reason why Penner is an Oiler? Because you could not control your vomit? P5

Hahaha. Actually, it's been confirmed, he is a Wings fan. Someone on his site asked him and even pointed him to this website.

i wonder if we can go more days without an eklund thread then we can a Fedorov thread

Fedorov to the Griffins - H5.

Edited by Hank