• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zata40

The Canuck Identity

Rate this topic

"Sportsnet.ca -- The Canucks are holding a 'closed door' photo shoot Thursday afternoon , where the subject will be the new-look jerseys in line for the 2007/08 season.

The local Canucks' message boards are ablaze with speculation, with most believing the team will go back to the retro blue and green colour scheme. However, what the logo will look like remains a mystery.

It may incorporate elements of the original Johnny Canuck logo, with the popular "stick in the rink" also included.

The Canucks uniforms last season were a combination white, silver, royal blue and burgundy with the Orca logo prominent on the front. It is unsure if the Orca logo will remain."

IPB Image

IPB Image

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp...801_132400_5420

so sportsnet is taking some of the photoshopped pictures seriously, which is interesting.

I like the part about the 'closed door' photo shoot Thursday afternoon, because you KNWO someone is going to leak it. :) i cant wait to see what it looks like

I agree with the ratings. The Vintage is the best, and the Johnny Canuck jersey is pretty damn cool too.

I really hope Vancouver ditches the cartoony orca. That thing sucks ass. The NHL needs more classic-looking jerseys, and the other too are just that.

I REALLY hope they go back to the retro one...probably the most creative logo in the league.

I agree with the ratings. The Vintage is the best, and the Johnny Canuck jersey is pretty damn cool too.

I really hope Vancouver ditches the cartoony orca. That thing sucks ass. The NHL needs more classic-looking jerseys, and the other too are just that.

I REALLY hope they go back to the retro one...probably the most creative logo in the league.

Its actually drawn as a tribute to the large native american population (Indians, for you not-so PC people). Its in the styke of their totem poles.

I absolutely loved their thirds last season, and hoped they'd move toward making them permanent. The green/blue color scheme smokes what they were using last season, and if I had to give percentages based on the three shown, they would look like this:

Vintage Stick: 67% (Vintage logo you just can't go wrong with)

Johnny Canuck: 33% (Sharp logo that a team can be proud of)

Whale: 0% (The logo still sucks even with the blue/green color scheme being a huge improvement)

I loved the blue/green colors because it reminds me of the Hartford Whalers somewhat, but I hate the stick in the middle. Even a 5 year old could think of something better. My favorite jerseys of theirs has to be the ones they used in the early 90's, like when they went to the finals. I wouldn't mind seeing that come back. Also, I hope the Flyers can bring back the long pants. Just Kidding.

The Orca is almost 100% gone, Orca Bay Entertainment who previously owned the Canucks now have no ownership so it's safe to say they are going to go a different direction!!

I loved the blue/green colors because it reminds me of the Hartford Whalers somewhat, but I hate the stick in the middle. Even a 5 year old could think of something better. My favorite jerseys of theirs has to be the ones they used in the early 90's, like when they went to the finals. I wouldn't mind seeing that come back. Also, I hope the Flyers can bring back the long pants. Just Kidding.

The Cooperall full length pant was the bomb yo!!! just kidding

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

anythings better than that crappy skate thing they had in the mid 90's

I liked the skate logo. It's better then anything they've had since.

The worst Canucks logo was the tri-colored "V" logo they had sometime back in the late 70's-80's. I've seen pictures of it, and it is definitly their worst.

I noticed it this last season. They used the vitage blue/green jersey a lot. So I wouldn't be suprised if thats the way they went. I live in BC, and seeing the meaning, I actually like the Orca. I wish they found a way to do it better, who know's, anything can happen.

Sweet. I love the blue and green uniforms that the Canucks wore as a third jersey last season. Any of the three proposed uniforms looks good, but I do like the one with the vintage stick the best.

Second best uniforms in the league - good work Vancouver! :thumbup:

Edited by GoWings1905

Did they wear the long pants when they used that logo? :hehe:

Nope. Only the Flyers & the Whalers ever used the Cooperalls, and only for 2 years (The Flyers from 81-83, and the Whalers in the 82-83 campaign). The NHL (thankfully) banned them in 1983.