• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 tipetz22

tipetz22

In Howie We Trust

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 08:11 AM

Has anyone ever been to an NHL All-Star Game? If so, how and when do you get tickets? In '08, the game is here in ATL and I know that I probably won't have another shot at seeing another All-Star in a long time. I have tried Ticketmaster, the Arena, and even Googled, with no sucess. I know that tickets for events like this go fast.

Thank you for your help!

#2 datsyukonethree

datsyukonethree

Damn we're sweet.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE(tipetz22 @ August 2, 2007 - 09:11AM) View Post

Has anyone ever been to an NHL All-Star Game? If so, how and when do you get tickets? In '08, the game is here in ATL and I know that I probably won't have another shot at seeing another All-Star in a long time. I have tried Ticketmaster, the Arena, and even Googled, with no sucess. I know that tickets for events like this go fast.

Thank you for your help!

Even if you don't go to the game, be sure to figure out which hotel the players are staying at and head over there right after the events. You'll get some sweet autographs.
Pads for legs: $1500.
Glove for hand: $400.
Mask for face: $150.
Having a Slinky for a spine: priceless.

[Has been scolded by moderators for making Marxist comments.]

#3 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 08:19 AM

Tickets for the regular season (disincluding season ticket holders) aren't even out yet. I would be willing to bet you're going to have to wait a few more months before they go on sale.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25, 02 August 2007 - 08:21 AM.

It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#4 drwscc

drwscc

I drink your milkshake...I drink it up!!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 08:46 AM

I wasn't able to find any for last year in Dallas. I kept checking the sources you listed, and no dice. From what I hear, you have to be a season ticket holder to even have a chance to go. Season ticket holders are given an opportunity to buy the tickets, but not for their regular seats, just some random upper seats. I was told that corporate sponsors and league officials and their entourages have most of the seats reserved for them.

That might have just been in Dallas, but it sounds about right for the way the league treats the average joe fan.
Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe.

I went to a doctor the other day, and all he did was suck blood out of my neck. Never go see Dr. Acula
- Mitch Hedberg

#5 tipetz22

tipetz22

In Howie We Trust

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 08:48 AM

QUOTE(datsyukonethree @ August 2, 2007 - 09:15AM) View Post

Even if you don't go to the game, be sure to figure out which hotel the players are staying at and head over there right after the events. You'll get some sweet autographs.

Great Idea!! clap.gif I will have to keep my ears open for those locations.

QUOTE(Never Forget Mac #25 @ August 2, 2007 - 09:19AM) View Post

Tickets for the regular season (disincluding season ticket holders) aren't even out yet. I would be willing to bet you're going to have to wait a few more months before they go on sale.

Season ticket holders do usually have one of the first stabs at these events.

The company I work for has a box at the arena and I am hoping that I can get in that way <fingers crossed>, but if not I want a back up plan!!

#6 Cicada

Cicada

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 08:50 AM

QUOTE(tipetz22 @ August 2, 2007 - 02:48PM) View Post

The company I work for has a box at the arena and I am hoping that I can get in that way <fingers crossed>, but if not I want a back up plan!!

i would guess sucking up to your boss is the best bet at the moment
IPB Image

#7 lfd250

lfd250

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 09:05 AM

Better put in some overtime....

http://www.stubhub.c...event_id=367695

http://www.roadtrips.com/?dest=heas

just do a search 2008 NHL all star tickets. Good Luck

Edited by lfd250, 02 August 2007 - 09:07 AM.

Keep your stick on the ice - Red Green

#8 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 09:06 AM

QUOTE(lfd250 @ August 2, 2007 - 02:05PM) View Post

WOW ohmy.gif

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#9 tipetz22

tipetz22

In Howie We Trust

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 09:13 AM

QUOTE(Cicada @ August 2, 2007 - 09:50AM) View Post

i would guess sucking up to your boss is the best bet at the moment

I will work on that!

QUOTE(lfd250 @ August 2, 2007 - 10:05AM) View Post

It looks like I will be burning the mid-night oil!

#10 Kp-Wings

Kp-Wings

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,844 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 09:25 AM

QUOTE(drwscc @ August 2, 2007 - 09:46AM) View Post

I wasn't able to find any for last year in Dallas. I kept checking the sources you listed, and no dice. From what I hear, you have to be a season ticket holder to even have a chance to go. Season ticket holders are given an opportunity to buy the tickets, but not for their regular seats, just some random upper seats. I was told that corporate sponsors and league officials and their entourages have most of the seats reserved for them.

That might have just been in Dallas, but it sounds about right for the way the league treats the average joe fan.

That would explain the boring crowd that generally goes with an All-Star Game. It's so quiet, sometimes it feels like I'm watching the Wings at The Joe play Columbus. tongue.gif

Seriously though, it could be that, or the fact that the All-Star Game is probably some of the worst hockey around. Maybe not so much as the game itself, but the Young-Stars Game (rookies) last year was horrible. The score was something over 10 for both teams.

Last year's All-Star Game didn't impress me. Hopefully this years is a little better.

#11 raasc1dj

raasc1dj

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 09:33 AM

www.stubhub.com *they may not be on sale right now but thats where i looked last year and thats where i found them

#12 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 09:42 AM

Those Stubhub seats as well as the trip package seats are all based on tickets yet to come. They don't have tickets yet, which is what I'm referring to.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#13 tipetz22

tipetz22

In Howie We Trust

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 09:43 AM

QUOTE(raasc1dj @ August 2, 2007 - 10:33AM) View Post

www.stubhub.com *they may not be on sale right now but thats where i looked last year and thats where i found them

How much where your tickets (if you don't mind me asking)? And what time of the year did you look (early in the season or close to game time)?

Edited by tipetz22, 02 August 2007 - 09:44 AM.

#14 BeeRYCE

BeeRYCE

Where are the f'n twinkies?!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 09:52 AM

I always wanted to go to one of these.