• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Cicada

Zetterberg injured?

Rate this topic

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&a...rticleid=335508

quoting the guy who wrote the article; Bill Meltzer on Hockeybuzz (yes, i'm embarassed i accidentally ready that page as well)

Henrik Zetterberg has had to take himself out of the team. The Red Wings did not want him playing in the two charity games, due to a back injury.

do we think this is a new injury, or just continued rehab from his prolapsed disc last year?

theres no other source for it as yet, and i hate to take anything that that site says at all seriously

Until a credible source states something of the like, I won't take any stock in the report. Z (and the Red Wings) could very well just be taking every precaution they can to ensure Z is 100% healed before October.

I don't blame them if they are.

Z (and the Red Wings) could very well just be taking every precaution they can to ensure Z is 100% healed before October.

thats what i figured as well..

Z only said he could play the playoffs because he was on pain killers

thats what i figured as well..

Z only said he could play the playoffs because he was on pain killers

Exactly, why chance re aggravating a serious injury for a game that (while important for charities) isn't worth getting injured over. Z could do just as much good "coaching" a team, or just being at the game without the risk of reinjury.

It's just not worth it. Take it easy this offseason Z, and come back 100%.

I seriously hope that Zata will recover from this injury 100%. I hope it won't be one of those injuries that limits his play time and keeps him in and out of the line-up.

Rest up Z!

I've thought about this for the last few years, and it scares the living hell out of me. I expect the most incredible things from Z over his career, and injuries like the ones he's been hampered with the past few seasons, can really take away from a player of his calibre's career.

Here's hoping its in the past.

If Zetterberg isnt healthy this season, the Wings really are screwed. He better be able to play the majority of the season, or Hollands gonna have to bust out the first rounders and get ready to pay up for something that can at least replace half of what Zetterberg brings to this team.

As someone who had a pretty bad Back Injury I can say that they don't heal like other injuries.

It is a very slow process because everything you do, every motion you make the trunk of your body is involved in. Depending what muscles are injured breathing can hurt like a bastard or just simply moving your legs can be a killer if it is the lower back.

The more rest he gets now the better he will be in the long run. I tried to play Volleyball (I was a sophmore captian, no way I was missing any of the season) after spraining my lower back. The doctors said if I had taken that season off or even just a couple of months it would have helped me not re-aggravate it, like I do every couple of months or so now.

Oh I know they are not the same injury, which is what makes my post even more worry some, I have issues with my back still 8 years later and my injury is not as severe as his.

Although his rehab will be with a little bit better doctors and medical staff.

theres no other source for it as yet, and i hate to take anything that that site says at all seriously
Other source

Translation:

Zetterberg stopped from Ice Breakers play

Back problems continue

Henrik Zetterberg has been prohibited by Detroit from playing for three weeks. Therefore, he won't play with charity team Ice Breakers. His back is still bothering him.

Zetterberg's back injury has been persistent. This spring he missed several weeks with Detroit. Now he will not be allowed to play for three weeks pending a new examination with the team.

Despite his injury, Zetterberg had a career year last season. He scored 33 goals and added 35 assists in 63 and was praised for his play.

Edited by Systemfel

Just read that. It's just charity games so why risk it I guess. Back injuries can be scary and he should really take some time before coming back. Interestingly enough Forsberg is taking a different approach - though a foot injury, one that's mostly healed, is less of a problem than a herniated disk.

I would like to think that they are just trying to make sure that he is fully healed and ready to go this season so they don't want him taking any un-needed risks.

At least thats what i'm hoping.

"Spraining" your back is nowhere near as bad as to what Hank has - a herniated disc...I know; I've sprained my back numerous times over the years playing hockey, football, baseball, weight training, etc etc...Few years ago I also had the pleasure of 2 herniated discs, & let me tell ya - it's alot worse than any sprain, & takes several months to a year to heal.

This is the same form of back injury Bertuzzi had early last year; don't be surprised if Hank misses many games over the next few years :(

I haven't seen anything about Zetterberg having a herniated disc. Everything I have seen or read suggests back spasms or prolapsed disc.

I haven't seen anything about Zetterberg having a herniated disc. Everything I have seen or read suggests back spasms or prolapsed disc.

http://www.hmc.psu.edu/healthinfo/h/herniateddisk.htm

Herniated disc:

Also known as: ruptured disk, herniated nucleus pulposus, prolapsed disk, ruptured intervertebral disk, or slipped disk.

it's all the same thing really

Edited by Cicada

I've read of them being referred to the same thing as well, but other reference material that provides different data for each.

Regardless, you cannot take an individual and say his injury is "x" and this other person had injury "x" and was out for this period of time, therefore, that's how long it will take. The time required to recover is quite personal. For example, when reading about prolapsed discs, it suggested that in most cases, the symptoms subside over several weeks (not months).

I've read of them being referred to the same thing as well, but other reference material that provides different data for each.

Regardless, you cannot take an individual and say his injury is "x" and this other person had injury "x" and was out for this period of time, therefore, that's how long it will take. The time required to recover is quite personal. For example, when reading about prolapsed discs, it suggested that in most cases, the symptoms subside over several weeks (not months).

obviously..

most prolapsed disks are got through lifting and heavy labor. Z got his from a cross check in the back from Brad ******* Stuart.

wouldn't suprise me at all if they'ers some surgery down the line.

Guest jaytan

I wonder what'll happen if Zetterberg has another somewhat injury-riddled season? Would we be able to re-sign him for cheap? Would we refuse to re-sign him if his agent tried to get too much money?

I still remember that game and the crosscheck too, god dammit.

Ever since he got sidelined and they said it was his back, I knew he'd/we'd be facing stuff like this... but the guy is too good to deserve his career taking a hit this way. He's barely even gotten his acclaim yet.