• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
lfd250

So lets have some fun today.

Rate this topic

Instead of making the league smaller, for fun lets just go back to the NHL and WHL. What teams would you keep in the NHL and what would you send to the WHL.

NHL

Original 6

One or Two from Cali.

One or two from Northwest

Philly

Buffalo

WHL or what ever

The rest.

Remember this is for fun so don't bash me, don't ask me for a source, if you're bored play if not move on.

Instead of making the league smaller, for fun lets just go back to the NHL and WHL. What teams would you keep in the NHL and what would you send to the WHL.

NHL

Original 6

One or Two from Cali.

One or two from Northwest

Philly

Buffalo

WHL or what ever

The rest.

Remember this is for fun so don't bash me, don't ask me for a source, if you're bored play if not move on.

When you say WHL, do you mean the current Junior league, the defunct minor league, or the WHA, which was the contender until they folded and gave the NHL the Jets, Nordiques, Whalers, and Oilers?

Personally, I say none. The league may as well expand if it would consider doing that, and there probably isn't any shortage of arguments about the league already being too large. If I had my way though, Winnipeg and either Portland or Seattle would get a hockey team. I'd like to see KC get one, but I'm not optimistic that a hockey team could be successful there.

Okay here goes:

NHL:

Campbell Conference: Wales Conference:

Norris Division: Smythe Divison: Patrick Division: Adams Division:

Detroit Colorado NY Rangers Buffalo

Toronto Los Angeles NY Islanders Montreal

Chicago Edmonton Philadelphia Boston

St.Louis Dallas Pittsburgh Ottawa

WHL:

Eastern Conference: Western Conference:

Atlanta Anaheim

Carolina Calgary

Columbus Minnesota

Florida Nashville

New Jersey Phoenix

Tampa Bay San Jose

Washington Vancouver

Okay here goes:

NHL:

Campbell Conference: Wales Conference:

Norris Division: Smythe Divison: Patrick Division: Adams Division:

Detroit Colorado NY Rangers Buffalo

Toronto Los Angeles NY Islanders Montreal

Chicago Edmonton Philadelphia Boston

St.Louis Dallas Pittsburgh Ottawa

WHL:

Eastern Conference: Western Conference:

Atlanta Anaheim

Carolina Calgary

Columbus Minnesota

Florida Nashville

New Jersey Phoenix

Tampa Bay San Jose

Washington Vancouver

Swap LA and Edmonton for Minn and either Columbus or Nashville and you have a deal.

Colorado, Minn, and Dallas is the new West coast swing!

This sounds kinda funny but I would love to see the original 6 a division! But considering the time zone issues that would never happen. What I would like to see happen:

Move L.A., San Jose, Anaheim, Nashville, all to canadian cities.(It is a canadian sport after all!!!!!) I would also put detroit in the eastern conference or put toronto in the west(I prefer det. to the east so we could play the other 4 origianls 6 teams)

I would scrap the WHL because of the simple fact it folded.

To be a bit off subject:

As far as our schedule goes I would like to see the inner division games lowered to 6 a year instead of eight. Those eight remaining would be scheduled for original six teams. So to clear the confusion up: 6 games played against each team in our division and 2 games apeice against N.Y.R, TOR, BOS and MTL

Edited by Hockeyguru

This sounds kinda funny but I would love to see the original 6 a division! But considering the time zone issues that would never happen. What I would like to see happen:

Move L.A., San Jose, Anaheim, Nashville, all to canadian cities.(It is a canadian sport after all!!!!!) I would also put detroit in the eastern conference or put toronto in the west(I prefer det. to the east so we could play the other 4 origianls 6 teams)

I would scrap the WHL because of the simple fact it folded.

To be a bit off subject:

As far as our schedule goes I would like to see the inner division games lowered to 6 a year instead of eight. Those eight remaining would be scheduled for original six teams. So to clear the confusion up: 6 games played against each team in our division and 2 games apeice against N.Y.R, TOR, BOS and MTL

Why is there always so much disrespect for San Jose? I've always thought that for a non-traditional market they had a great fanbase. I also wish there were more Canadian NHL teams, but the truth is that not that many Canadian markets could ever support a franchise. The ones that can already have teams.

Guest jaytan

Some states are bigger than others. Limiting New York, for example, to one team would mean one team per 20 million people in a state with a lot of hockey interest. Doing so to the province of Ontario is one in 12 million in a place with signifacantly more hockey interest and a larger area.

No sense.

honestly, my opinion is i dont like having more than one team for one state, i mean florida and california arent the biggest hockey states...or even close to so lets put two teams there i just dont like the thinking of that

I actually meant to add the florida teams but forgot. They should be relocated to canada even if Tampa does have a cup.

I would add two teams (we'll say Kansas City and Portland for now) and cut the league into four eight-team divisions.

[/font]

Pacific: Anaheim, Calgary, Edmonton, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Portland, San Jose

Central: Chicago, Colorado, Columbus, Dallas, Kansas City, Minnesota, Nashville, St. Louis

Northeast: Boston, Buffalo, Detroit, Montreal, Ottawa, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Toronto

Atlantic: Atlanta, Carolina, Florida, New Jersey, NY Islanders, NY Rangers, Tampa Bay, Washington

Top four teams from each division make the playoffs. Divisional playoff winners are seeded by record--meaning the Northeast winner could play the Pacific winner in the third round.

For example, using this past season's standings as a guide, Detroit would have played Ottawa in the first round, Buffalo in the second, likely New Jersey in the third, and Anaheim in the Cup final