• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

zata40

Worst jerseys ever

Rate this topic

i don't think St. Louis ever wore those. Keenan refused to let his team look so terrible

Yeah, they looked bad enough just playing. BAH-ZING!!!

I think we are heading back to the Cooperalls. They look horrible, but there is more room for the ads and logos that will be coming in the next few years. <_<

That Ducks jersey is hideous!!

Hey at least the Ducks were attempting to be creative. Look at those idiotic jerseys they unveiled last year that have no logo and a hideous color scheme. Another jersey that should have been on the list is that penguins jersey from the late 70's. It had the same logo as they use now, except the colors were blue and white. Does anyone remember those jerseys, or have a picture of them?

Those Vancouver unis are so horrible, they're classic!! I'd have to vote them as the absolute worst.

I remember the old Astros, Pirates and Padres uniforms, but for some reason I don't remember the ChiSox wearing shorts. Maybe I was too young to really pay attention to what the players were wearing.

I wish I had one of those plaid jerseys. they're so confusing.
I saw a couple of them for "display only" at the Detroit game worn jersey expo last September. The dealer that had them was from the Wisconsin area and picked them up at the post-game auction. He said they went pretty cheap, but in the collecting world they became instant "classics". Jersey collectors from all over wanted one!

Guest jaytan

1st Line Sniper

Group: Members

I cannot believe Wayne wore that jersey.

I don't think he did.

Edited by jaytan

Yeah, they looked bad enough just playing. BAH-ZING!!!

I think we are heading back to the Cooperalls. They look horrible, but there is more room for the ads and logos that will be coming in the next few years. <_<

Nah the ads would mean competition for the organizations which are themselves corporations which use the uniforms and names as their trademarks and marketing tools. Why do you think teams are always changing them every few years in an attempt to make them look better? It's what lures many fans to buy the merchandise or follow a team. Do you think the Oakland Raiders or Chicago Blackhawks would have such large fan bases throughout the continent or world if it were not for their good looking unis and/ or nice nicknames? I think not. All the uniforms would look the same and merchandise sales may suffer as a result not to mention loss of even more fans. I think in the future you will start to see a shift where sport organizations will start having to try and gain back the "hardcore" fan bases (i.e. throwback jerseys and fan forums) which have somewhat diminished during the commercialization of pro sports instead of just chasing after the corporate dollar like they have in the past because they will have to realize that without them, the corpoarates and casual fan disappear.

suprised that nashville mustard one isn't there as well

btw ...is it me or is Lebda going way too fast on my sig?

Edited by Cicada