• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Negauneeminer

Red Wing Alumni in da UP

Rate this topic

The Red Wing Alumni will be playing in Marquette on September 15th at the Lakeview Arena in a benefit for the Bell Hospital Foundation. The ole' boys will be playing the Marquette Rangers, a Junior A team. Expected to attend are Redmond, Burr, Ogrodnick, Norwood, Hextall and a host of others. Tickets are $12.00 and can be purchased in advance at the Bell Foundation office, 906 485-2119. Last year, the Wing's Alumni beat the NMU Alumni so it should be interesting to see how they handle some 18-19 year olds!!!

A quick update. I learned today that to spruce up the defense they're bringing Chris Tamer and John Gruden (who played for Boston and Ferris State, I think).

The autograph session will be at the Jasper Ridge Brewery in Ishpeming from about 3:30 to 5:00pm, and they will probably be out on the town after the game if not too bushed from chasing the kids around. :!:

If anyone is local or can make it, and would like to golf a round at Greywalls with Burr and Norwood, we are silent auctioning off the two available slots in their foursome. e-mail me if interested in more information! :yowza:

The tee time bidding is at $300.00, which includes 18 holes and a cart on Greywalls in Marquette on September 15th, and tickets to the game for 2. 906 228-4360 and ask for Dave to bid. Bidding ends a week prior.

I was wondering the same...

I have a cousin who went up there for college from Livonia. He thought it was kind of a joke up there, nothing to do, SNOW, bugs, yadda yadda..

Well, his college days have long passed some 15 years ago. The fool turned into a yooper. Go figure.

Line-up for the game:

Mickey Redmond, Shawn Burr, John Ogrodnick, Lee Norwood, Bill Evo, Dennis Hextall, Dave Roberts, Dave Newman, Pat Peake, Banks, Chris Tamer, Craig Coxe, John Gruden and Mr. George Bowman in goal...

Let it be said that the 18-19 year olds will be in for more than some old guys huffing around the rink, that blue line looks big and mean...

The team will be at the Jasper Ridge Brewery in Ishpeming from approximately 3-5pm to sign autographs. Following the game there is no plan, but I would imagine that there will be a few going out for some sociables downtown. We are doing some group sales at a discount, so if you need 10 or more tickets we'll cut you a good deal.

The game is this Saturday, and we've had a late addition - Mike Krushelnyski will now play. This should be a helluva addition to the forwards. The referees we've brought in are CCHA officials. Gametime is 7:00pm, Lakeview Arena in Marquette - $12 donation to the Bell Foundation to get in, and the beer garden will be open!

Thanks everyone for reading and we're hopeful to have a great event for two great causes! :yowza:

You got it. I'm up at MTU. Love it up here, plenty to do. Bought my season tickets for the hockey up here. 84 bucks for 21 games. Not too shabby.

Looks like I won't be making the game.

You got it. I'm up at MTU. Love it up here, plenty to do. Bought my season tickets for the hockey up here. 84 bucks for 21 games. Not too shabby.

Looks like I won't be making the game.

boo, huskies :P you should come down for the northern/tech game, those are great. i think the misfits are organizing a big caravan down here for it. not bad for the prices, but you can't beat northern's deal. one time fee: $100 your freshman year. free tickets to every home sporting event for as long as you're in school after that.

no alumni game for me, i get to work all day instead :(