• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
YoungGuns1340

In Your Opinion...

Rate this topic

1. Wil Kronwall reach #1/#2 Dman status within his current contract (next 5 years)?

2. Will Grigorenko prove to be a capable top 6 forward this season?

3. Will Hudler score 20+ goals this season?

4. Will Filppula have a 45pt season?

5. Will Lilja get in more than 5 fights?

6. Will Rafalski have a career offensive year?

7. Who will be the alternate captains when Zetterberg gets the C?

8. Does Cleary turn out to be a one hit wonder, or does he repeat with another 20+ goal showing?

9. What one forward, that is an 08 UFA as of now, would you like to see the Wings get at the deadline?

10. Of the players whose contracts expire in either 08 or 09, which ONE top 6 winger and ONE top 4 Dman (both in the 3M-5M range) and which ONE bottom six player (less than 2M) would you like to see the Red Wings sign?

1. Wil Kronwall reach #1/#2 Dman status within his current contract (next 5 years)? Yes

2. Will Grigorenko prove to be a capable top 6 forward this season? No

3. Will Hudler score 20+ goals this season? Yes

4. Will Filppula have a 45pt season? No

5. Will Lilja get in more than 5 fights? Exactly 5

6. Will Rafalski have a career offensive year? No

7. Who will be the alternate captains when Zetterberg gets the C? Hopefully Cleary after getting locked up long term

8. Does Cleary turn out to be a one hit wonder, or does he repeat with another 20+ goal showing? Repeat

9. What one forward, that is an 08 UFA as of now, would you like to see the Wings get at the deadline? Brian Rolston

10. Of the players whose contracts expire in either 08 or 09, which ONE top 6 winger and ONE top 4 Dman (both in the 3M-5M range) and which ONE bottom six player (less than 2M) would you like to see the Red Wings sign? Give me some time on this one

Edited by Herr Hockey

1. Unfortunately I really think no he will not reach #1 or #2 status. He will be a solid Defenseman but not a #1. Damn I hope I am wrong.

2. I think on a line with Dats and Flip he will get top 6 like numbers but unless the team signs a top 6 forward his numbers will suffer because that line will have a single point of failure. Shut down dats and that line will be non existant.

3. I think so, even on the third line, he has shown a decent scorers touch. If he can prove to Babs that he can work hard I see no reason for him not to put up 20g.

4. Of your questions I think this one is the easiest to achieve, he most likely will be with Dats on the second line and that will help tremendously, if he is on the third line with a combination of Clearly, Huds, and/or Franzen it will be a good line with some young talent. And most of the other teams defensive scheme will be based on lines one and two.

5. No way, I would be surprised if the wings as a team have 5 fights.

6. Rafalski will have a career year for him, he will produce better than Schnieder, and be more defensively aware. However he will go unnoticed by the general hockey public because he will be out performed by Nick Norris, I mean Norris Lidstrom, sorry Nick Lidstrom.

7. Zata C, Rafalski A Datsyuk A (this will not happen until Lids is retired)

8. Dan Cleary with Franzen or Draper on a checking line has a great year. Dan Cleary put on one of the top two lines is a failure in the eyes of the fans. His game is not about scoring terrific goals. I think he realized that last year and that is what made him great for this team.

9. Pavol Demitra, and in my mind this is not that much of a stretch. Minnesota is bound to be out of the playoff hunt by then and his salary is only at 4.5 mil this year.

10. If they don't have Pavol then I say go grab Jochen Hecht. I have watched this kid since he was a Worcester Ice Cat. He plays the game right, and he is huge in the community.

And for the bottom 6, geez ummm, I guess Kunitz from Anahiem, but I am not sure he is needed. If Grigs turns out to be what we all hope.

1. Wil Kronwall reach #1/#2 Dman status within his current contract (next 5 years)?

Yes, Kronwall will get past his injury woes, and flurish thi season with more playing time in the absence of Schneider and Markov.

Yes, Grigs has the potential, his only drawback is his footspeed not being up to par, I just feel that he is capable and motivated enough to become a great scoring threat on our 2nd line wing. I will go out on a limb and compare his rookie season to Datsyuk's. He will do well.

IF Hudler is given the proper amount of playing time and is not shunned to the 4th line, Yes, he will score 20 goals, at least. You can count on it.

IF Filppula is on the second line for most of the season, yes again.

No, I believe that Lilja is the type of player who for some strange reason likes to hang low during the regular season and than likes to turn up the physicality over a playoff run. He'll have 3 fights during the season.

Yes, Rafalski will be perfect to get our powerplay back up and running. Having his right hand shot will boost our effectiveness with a man up.

Draper will continue to hold the A, and the other will be passed to either Rafalski or Kronwall.

8. Does Cleary turn out to be a one hit wonder, or does he repeat with another 20+ goal showing?

This is a tough question, I do believe that Cleary will score 20+ this season, I just think that the path to that will be more spread out than last season.

9. What one forward, that is an 08 UFA as of now, would you like to see the Wings get at the deadline?

Heatley... seriously - but it will never happen.

10. Of the players whose contracts expire in either 08 or 09, which ONE top 6 winger and ONE top 4 Dman (both in the 3M-5M range) and which ONE bottom six player (less than 2M) would you like to see the Red Wings sign?

This question is crazy.... I have no idea. Out on a limb I'd say Afinogenov, Chara, and Asham.

Edited by SwedeLundin77

1. Undecided

2. leaning towards no

3. yes, if they play him

4. NO. 35-40

5. No

6. Yes

7. Too early to say. But on the current roster, Rafalski, and Cleary maybe (if Draper's gone)

8. 20+ for Cleary

9. Marian Hossa in a non cap world, but in a realistic world, I could see the Wings getting a veteran like Scott Thorton or Steve Rucchin

10. Brian Rolston and Adam Foote. And Stu Barnes

Edited by rick zombo

Good questions. :thumbup: We've probably all touched on them at some point.. it's good to get them rounded up for some offseason discussion though.

If he figures out that he needs to (and how to) play smarter, yes. Even NBC commentators see the way he sets himself up for taking a hit or spill and gets landed with an injury--if the guy learns, he'll be up there.

No. He will be a good 4th liner greenie cracking the line up though.

Yes. This kid pulled 15 on crap minutes just juicing goalies, don't even say he won't net 20 on the third line.

Flip should pull around 35. 20 goals, fifteen-twenty assists, so double his numbers.

Let's get to the real point on Lilja's superstar fighting rise: Will Lilly fight Boogard, and win? :lol:

Easily.

I actually... can't think of who else than Drapes would get an A.

Maybe Kronwall when the time comes. If he keeps up his play, Cleary. I don't really count Dats in the runners unless he picks up his English.

I want to say: f*** yeah he does repeat. What we'll see depends, but boy do I want Dano to turn his career around more.

I'd answer the last two questions (great questions, of course), but gimme/give us a '08/'09 FA list and it'd be a lot easier. ;)

Depends who else is on the team.

Unlikely this year, but possible.

50/50

Doubtful

No chance (don't think he's ever had more than 2 in a year)

No

Reserve comment until Zetterberg gets the C, who knows who will even be on the roster at that point in time.

He'll be a good player, but hitting 20 goals again is no lock.

Haven't thought about it to be honest (why would they have to be an 08 UFA though?)

As above.

Edited by toby91_ca

1. Yes-#2 within next three years.

2. No-not this season but next.

3. Yes-barely...though if he had more ice time and PP minutes he'd be over 30.

4. Yes-he'll have a great season and one that puts him on the NHL map.

5. No-close but not 5 (3 or 4).

6. Yes, Ralf will flourish in our puck possesion style and get more than half his points on the PP.

7. Hard to tell, not sure who will be on the team....that could be a long wait. If it happened today (Lids retired or some scenario like that)....Draper and Ralf.

8. Cleary end up with just under 20 goals, but isn't considered a "one hit wonder" due to the fact that he'll end up a very high + ranking at the end of the year and contributes in all areas of the game.

9. Steve Yzerman Danny Heatley

10. Too in-depth....I"M TRYING TO GET SOME WORK DONE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!! :P

Edited by Learn2LuvIt

First, great topic for what's turned out to be a long summer. (Imagine if the Wings got bounced in the 1st round? This would have felt like an eternity).

Yes.

My heart wants to answer 'yes' but I think he'll be more of a 3rd line winger who will get looks on the top 2 lines.

Yes. (but all depends on how Babcock uses him)

Yes.

No. (but he'll still lose the 3 he gets into)

Yes.

Datsyuk. Homer.

Yes. No more 20 goals for Cleary. Still love the guy though.

Marleau.

Edited by Hank

1. Wil Kronwall reach #1/#2 Dman status within his current contract (next 5 years)? YES!

2. Will Grigorenko prove to be a capable top 6 forward this season? NO

3. Will Hudler score 20+ goals this season? YES

4. Will Filppula have a 45pt season? NO

5. Will Lilja get in more than 5 fights? NO

6. Will Rafalski have a career offensive year? NO

7. Who will be the alternate captains when Zetterberg gets the C? Datsyuk, Kindl

8. Does Cleary turn out to be a one hit wonder, or does he repeat with another 20+ goal showing? Not 20 goals, but has a solid offensive season

9. What one forward, that is an 08 UFA as of now, would you like to see the Wings get at the deadline? Dany Heatley (fat chance)

10. Of the players whose contracts expire in either 08 or 09, which ONE top 6 winger and ONE top 4 Dman (both in the 3M-5M range) and which ONE bottom six player (less than 2M) would you like to see the Red Wings sign? Je ne comprend pas

Guest GordieSid&Ted

1. Wil Kronwall reach #1/#2 Dman status within his current contract (next 5 years)? NO

2. Will Grigorenko prove to be a capable top 6 forward this season? YES

3. Will Hudler score 20+ goals this season?YES

4. Will Filppula have a 45pt season?NO

5. Will Lilja get in more than 5 fights?NO

6. Will Rafalski have a career offensive year?YES

7. Who will be the alternate captains when Zetterberg gets the C?Datsyuk & Rafalski

8. Does Cleary turn out to be a one hit wonder, or does he repeat with another 20+ goal showing?NO

9. What one forward, that is an 08 UFA as of now, would you like to see the Wings get at the deadline?Don't know who is on the list...Dany Heatley?

how'd you get your answers to show up in red? I tried but couldn't get it

Edited by GordieSid&Ted

1. Wil Kronwall reach #1/#2 Dman status within his current contract (next 5 years)? YES.

2. Will Grigorenko prove to be a capable top 6 forward this season? No. Maybe in a few years

3. Will Hudler score 20+ goals this season? Yep.

b]

4. Will Filppula have a 45pt season? He will have a 49 point season.

5. Will Lilja get in more than 5 fights? I hope so! But I say he gets in 3.

6. Will Rafalski have a career offensive year? 14 goals. Count it!

7. Who will be the alternate captains when Zetterberg gets the C? Draper and Cleary

8. Does Cleary turn out to be a one hit wonder, or does he repeat with another 20+ goal showing? He's the real deal. He'll repeat.

9. What one forward, that is an 08 UFA as of now, would you like to see the Wings get at the deadline? Sergei Fedorov

10. Of the players whose contracts expire in either 08 or 09, which ONE top 6 winger and ONE top 4 Dman (both in the 3M-5M range) and which ONE bottom six player (less than 2M) would you like to see the Red Wings sign? Ryan Getzlaf, Dion Phaneuf, Matt Cooke.

Yes.

He'll show that he's going to be a top-sixer down the road.

Yes.

Yes.

No.

Yes.

Datsyuk and Chelios, assuming he's still around.

I think he'll have a small decline. He'll put up similar numbers.

Fedorov.

Rolston. The rest I'll have to think about.

Edited by ARice89

1. Wil Kronwall reach #1/#2 Dman status within his current contract (next 5 years)?yes

2. Will Grigorenko prove to be a capable top 6 forward this season?if hes with pavel yes

3. Will Hudler score 20+ goals this season?yes maybe even 30

4. Will Filppula have a 45pt season? yes

5. Will Lilja get in more than 5 fights?hopefully

6. Will Rafalski have a career offensive year?no 2 years from now

7. Who will be the alternate captains when Zetterberg gets the C? Zetterberg C, Dats A, Rafalski A

8. Does Cleary turn out to be a one hit wonder, or does he repeat with another 20+ goal showing?repeat

9. What one forward, that is an 08 UFA as of now, would you like to see the Wings get at the deadline? HEATLEY

10. Of the players whose contracts expire in either 08 or 09, which ONE top 6 winger and ONE top 4 Dman (both in the 3M-5M range) and which ONE bottom six player (less than 2M) would you like to see the Red Wings sign? whoever produces in the playoffs.

Yes. After Lidstrom retires, Rafalski and Kronwall will be 1 and 2. I don't, however, ever see him reaching the potential many people invisioned.

No. I don't see him getting that much ice time, plus he's never even played in the league. This will be a learning experience for him.

No. I still don't think that Babcock is very sold on him, so I can't see him being a top 6 forward.

Yes. He won't be as good as some people think, but 45 pts. isnt really that much.

No. This team won't have that many fights all year.

Yes. Our system isn't as defensively oriented as the Devils, plus he'll have Lidstrom to feed off of on the PP.

Draper and Datsyuk. I don't see Chelios being around any longer than Lidstrom, so he won't be wearing the A.

He'll surpass last year's productivity. Without Lang he'll get more ice time and will be a top 6 forward. Also, he's got great work ethic so I don't ever see him becoming a bum again.

Anyone not named Sergei Fedorov.

Too early to tell.

No, he's too injury prone. Plus, Lidstrom and Rafalski are roadblocks for him.

No, probably not.

No.

Yes he will. Filppula has a lot of potential, and I think it'll show if given good ice time.

No. And hopefully, we won't be banking on that either, as the ideal situation would be for Holland to sign another defenseman, and eliminate Lilja from the mix.

Yes, I do think he will. He put up good numbers in New Jersey, under a defense first system. Just imagine what he can do here.

Dan Cleary or Chris Chelios (if Chelios is still playing).

I think he will have another good season. He's one of the hardest working players on the Wings, and good things come from that. He'll have a good season.

Brian Rolston.

Brian Rolston or Mike Knuble, Dion Phaneuf, Matt Cooke or Brad Isbister.

NO

YES

NO

YES

YES

NO

DATSYUK AND RAFALSKI (IF DRAPER RETIRES BY THEN)

REPEAT IF HEALTHY THROUGHOUT SEASON

FEDOROV

Top 6: KNUBLE OR DEMITRA, Top D: WITT OR STUART, Bottom 6: MOEN, SHELLEY, LAPOINTE, OR RUUTU

Edited by Wings_Dynasty

1. Wil Kronwall reach #1/#2 Dman status within his current contract (next 5 years)? No

2. Will Grigorenko prove to be a capable top 6 forward this season? Yes

3. Will Hudler score 20+ goals this season? No

4. Will Filppula have a 45pt season? Yes

5. Will Lilja get in more than 5 fights? No

6. Will Rafalski have a career offensive year? No

7. Who will be the alternate captains when Zetterberg gets the C? Datsyuk & Draper

8. Does Cleary turn out to be a one hit wonder, or does he repeat with another 20+ goal showing? Not 20, maybe 15

9. What one forward, that is an 08 UFA as of now, would you like to see the Wings get at the deadline? Dany Heatley

10. Of the players whose contracts expire in either 08 or 09, which ONE top 6 winger and ONE top 4 Dman (both in the 3M-5M range) and which ONE bottom six player (less than 2M) would you like to see the Red Wings sign? Dany Heatley, Jim Vandermeer

Edited by skacore

I purposely made the last question hardest. Heres a list of most 08/09 UFAs as of today.

Top 6 forwards in the 3-5M price range: Knuble, Satan, Comrie, Guerin, Bertuzzi, Fisher, Cole, Stillman, Sullivan, Dumont, Legwand, Samsonov, Weight, Connolly, Afinogenov, Prospal, Morrison, Pyatt, Sedin Twins, Naslund (maybe 5), Kunitz, McDonald, Murray, Vyborny, Shanahan, Straka, Fedorov, Gionta (maybe 5), Arnason, Brunette, Demitra, Rolston, Huselius, Langkow, Nolan, Sykora, Kovalev, Ryder, Horcoff, Nagy, Ribeiro

Top 4 Dmen in the 3-5M range: Kuba, Witt, Morris, Boynton, Roszival, Mara, Commodore, Campbell, Kalinin, Mclaren, Zyuzin, Blake, Stuart, Modry, Sydor, A Ward, Foote, Liles, Leopold, Warrener, Smith, Hatcher, de Vries, Boyle (maybe 5), Bergeron, Norstrom, Odonnell, Ohlund (maybe 5), boucher, Komisarek, Sauer, Schneider

Bottom 6 at less than 2M (or close to it): Laraque, Brashear, Cooke, Ruutu, Lapointe, Kelly, Cooke, Niel, Moen, Taylor, Cowan, Marchant, Pahlsson, Nichol, Grier, Shelley, Chimera, Axelsson, Laperriere, Hagman, Neil and Avery (maybe less than 3), Gelinas, Hinote, Orr, Gratton, Ouellet, Rucchin, Smolinski, Donovan, Bates, Reasoner,

I didn't read anyone else's answers in hopes not to prejudice my own, so if I end up repeating what others say, well, sucks for me.

1. If he can stay healthy, Kronwall might reach Number 2 status. Otherwise, probably not.

2. I don't have the clairvoyance to say. Before the accident, I'd say certainly. Now, I'd like to see what happens at camp. I'd love to see him make an impact. I also wanted Liv to work out too, and we know how that went.

3. Hudler is more than capable than having a 20+ goal season. The question is can he demonstrate the maturity and gain the size necessary to do it.

4. I think Filppula will either meet or exceed 45 points this season.

5. If Lilja gets into 5 fights this season, Holland will probably trade him or re-assign him to the minors, so no :P

6. No, but I think Rafalski will have a career year offensively next season.

7. After Zetterberg gets the C I think Datsyuk will definitely be named an alternate captain. Depending on who sticks around long enough, my future picks would be either Rafalski or Ellis.

8. If Cleary ends up on the second line, he'll exceed 40 pts. Regardless, he should still finish the season out as a plus player.

9. Either Joe Thorton or Iginla.

10. I don't think they'd accept between $3-$5, but if I had my way:

Top 6 - Either Joe Thorton or Iginla.

Top D - Retain Lidstrom

3rd or 4th liner: Georges Laraque

Yep, as soon as Lids retires Kronwall will be bumped up along side Rafalski but he's not going to live up to all the hype. He'll be a steady but unimpressing #2.

Nope, first season in will be a learning experience. He says he's alright with taking a Holmstrom like role in front of the net if need be to get playing time but my guess he backs away from that after a few good hits and Babs will stick him on the 4th line. Still good production in limited minutes like last year's Hudler but not quite that good.

Yep, he stays in Babs's doghouse and fades in and out of second line minutes but gets the time to do what he does.

Filppula, Cleary, Hudler, Franzen, and Samuelsson will cycle in and out of the two top lines but Filppula looks best equipped to stick. Filppula looks at a 50 point season (26 goals, 24 assists).

Nope.

Nope, 55 points from last season proves too high a mark when he's not playing 25+ minutes and with Kronwall and Lebda seeing some pp time.

Rafalski and Draper

22 goals for the year. He shifts around from second line to third line as the season goes on but continues to find his touch and place in the team.

JP Dumont. My top pick would probably be Pavol Demitra but I think the Wild are going to sneak into the last playoff spot so they won't be up for a trade. Also Satan would be an option. Both Satan and Dumont would give the Wings a badly needed top 6 RW.

I'll come back to this one.

No... Too injury prone. But he will be a solid stay on our 2nd pairing.

Top 6? I hope so but its doubtful. He should be in our daily lineup though.

He could... Depends who he plays with/how much ice time Babcock gives him. Its a possibility.

Yes. He should be a top 6 forward, and he should get more ice time consistently.

No, he will have 4.

He should.

Thats meaning after Lids retires... So Draper should still be around, and probably Datsyuk will get the other A.

Im not sure if he will have another 20 goal season, but he will be a solid PKer and very valuable to the team.

Heatley.

Dunno I dont have the list of whos contracts expire in 08/09.

1. Wil Kronwall reach #1/#2 Dman status within his current contract (next 5 years)? Hate to say, but No.

2. Will Grigorenko prove to be a capable top 6 forward this season? Hope so, but I'm not giving a response, I have never seen him play at any level.

3. Will Hudler score 20+ goals this season? Yes.

4. Will Filppula have a 45pt season? Yes.

5. Will Lilja get in more than 5 fights? Yes. And Win the Majority.

6. Will Rafalski have a career offensive year? If so, not by much.

7. Who will be the alternate captains when Zetterberg gets the C? Heatley, Cleary

8. Does Cleary turn out to be a one hit wonder, or does he repeat with another 20+ goal showing? Cleary

9. What one forward, that is an 08 UFA as of now, would you like to see the Wings get at the deadline? Ooops, silly me. I didnt realize it said deadline. I doubt Heatley will be traded then. Guess we'll have to wait to the offseason to get him

10. Of the players whose contracts expire in either 08 or 09, which ONE top 6 winger and ONE top 4 Dman (both in the 3M-5M range) and which ONE bottom six player (less than 2M) would you like to see the Red Wings sign? Hmmm ... this is a tougher one. Even with the list. I'll say Cole, Liles and Grier.

Edited by arnoldbuck

1. Wil Kronwall reach #1/#2 Dman status within his current contract (next 5 years)? NO

4. Will Filppula have a 45pt season? YES

5. Will Lilja get in more than 5 fights? YES

6. Will Rafalski have a career offensive year? YES

7. Who will be the alternate captains when Zetterberg gets the C? DATSYUK AND DRAPER (if still playing)

8. Does Cleary turn out to be a one hit wonder, or does he repeat with another 20+ goal showing? REPEAT

9. What one forward, that is an 08 UFA as of now, would you like to see the Wings get at the deadline? NOT SURE

10. Of the players whose contracts expire in either 08 or 09, which ONE top 6 winger and ONE top 4 Dman (both in the 3M-5M range) and which ONE bottom six player (less than 2M) would you like to see the Red Wings sign? GIMME SOME TIME!!

4. Will Filppula have a 45pt season? YES

5. Will Lilja get in more than 5 fights? YES

6. Will Rafalski have a career offensive year? YES

7. Who will be the alternate captains when Zetterberg gets the C? DATSYUK AND DRAPER (if still playing)

8. Does Cleary turn out to be a one hit wonder, or does he repeat with another 20+ goal showing? REPEAT

9. What one forward, that is an 08 UFA as of now, would you like to see the Wings get at the deadline? NOT SURE

10. Of the players whose contracts expire in either 08 or 09, which ONE top 6 winger and ONE top 4 Dman (both in the 3M-5M range) and which ONE bottom six player (less than 2M) would you like to see the Red Wings sign? GIMME SOME TIME!!