• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
YoungGuns1340

In Your Opinion...

Rate this topic

1. Wil Kronwall reach #1/#2 Dman status within his current contract (next 5 years)?

No. I see him being a career 3/4....if healthy a quality 3/4

2. Will Grigorenko prove to be a capable top 6 forward this season?

No. While he may end up seeing duty on the top 6, that doesnt mean he's capable of it.

3. Will Hudler score 20+ goals this season?

No. I think he'll be in and out of the lineup and dealt at some point as he'll fall out of favor.

4. Will Filppula have a 45pt season?

Hmmm....right around 45 sounds about right, so ill say yes.

5. Will Lilja get in more than 5 fights?

Absolutely not. He'll probably have 2.

6. Will Rafalski have a career offensive year?

No

7. Who will be the alternate captains when Zetterberg gets the C?

One will for sure be Draper, as Holland will re-sign him till he's 40...so it doesnt matter when Lidstrom retires...he'll be there still. The other i have no idea, even though he's new i guess Rafalski..

8. Does Cleary turn out to be a one hit wonder, or does he repeat with another 20+ goal showing?

I think he'll struggle to find the net in stretches, and probably get about 13. I think the 20 was a bit flukish, but what he'll contribute will be just fine for a 3rd liner. I dont think he'll ever be that top 6 guy some feel he is...he's not.

9. What one forward, that is an 08 UFA as of now, would you like to see the Wings get at the deadline?

Dont know, but whats the difference, whoever i say they wont get anyway!

10. Of the players whose contracts expire in either 08 or 09, which ONE top 6 winger and ONE top 4 Dman (both in the 3M-5M range) and which ONE bottom six player (less than 2M) would you like to see the Red Wings sign?

Fisher, Vandermeer, Moen (although i dont think he's going anywhere for as long as Burke's there). Now promptly scratch off all 3 of those as possibilities ;)

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

1. Wil Kronwall reach #1/#2 Dman status within his current contract (next 5 years)?

Yes at the very end

Second Half

Yes

Yes

no

Yes 14g-46A

Datsyuk Cleary, Draper Rafalski

8. Does Cleary turn out to be a one hit wonder, or does he repeat with another 20+ goal showing?

Repeat

9. What one forward, that is an 08 UFA as of now, would you like to see the Wings get at the deadline?

Hossa

10. Of the players whose contracts expire in either 08 or 09, which ONE top 6 winger and ONE top 4 Dman (both in the 3M-5M range) and which ONE bottom six player (less than 2M) would you like to see the Red Wings sign?

TOP 6: Afinogenov/Sullivan

D: Campbell

Bottom 6: Laraque

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

1. No

2.Yes

3.No

4.Yes

5. No , he'll get in 2-3 fights

6. Yes

7. Whos to say he gets the C? anyways Cleary and Draper

8. 30+

9. Micheal Ryder or J-P Dumont

10. Ryder or Knuble, Brendan Witt or Mike Commodore, and Moen , Neil or Avery

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

Off of YoungGuns1340's original post...

1. Wil Kronwall reach #1/#2 Dman status within his current contract (next 5 years)? YES

2. Will Grigorenko prove to be a capable top 6 forward this season? No, but I don't know squat about him so that is a very rough guess and he'll be top 6 in time I think.

3. Will Hudler score 20+ goals this season? YES

4. Will Filppula have a 45pt season? Not quite, but he'll flirt with 40.

5. Will Lilja get in more than 5 fights? YES

6. Will Rafalski have a career offensive year? NO, but he's not going to come close to stinking the joint up either.

7. Who will be the alternate captains when Zetterberg gets the C? Draper (assuming he's still around) or Datsyuk

8. Does Cleary turn out to be a one hit wonder, or does he repeat with another 20+ goal showing? Not quite, but close to 20 goals. More spread out next season instead of the dry spell he had from February to the playoffs.

9. What one forward, that is an 08 UFA as of now, would you like to see the Wings get at the deadline? Couldn't really tell you off the top of my head.

10. Of the players whose contracts expire in either 08 or 09, which ONE top 6 winger and ONE top 4 Dman (both in the 3M-5M range) and which ONE bottom six player (less than 2M) would you like to see the Red Wings sign? Don't know off the top of my head, don't really have the time to pay attention to those kinda things.

1. Wil Kronwall reach #1/#2 Dman status within his current contract (next 5 years)? #3

2. Will Grigorenko prove to be a capable top 6 forward this season? not this year

3. Will Hudler score 20+ goals this season? I hope so, he is a sleeper sniper

4. Will Filppula have a 45pt season? he should, he's got skill

5. Will Lilja get in more than 5 fights? are you kidding me?

6. Will Rafalski have a career offensive year? not career but should put up #'s on pp

7. Who will be the alternate captains when Zetterberg gets the C? Z captain, not for awhile

8. Does Cleary turn out to be a one hit wonder, or does he repeat with another 20+ goal showing? got my fingers crossed

9. What one forward, that is an 08 UFA as of now, would you like to see the Wings get at the deadline? no 08 ufa as of now

I say we get a goalie first, Kip???

No. I see him being a career 3/4....if healthy a quality 3/4

No. While he may end up seeing duty on the top 6, that doesnt mean he's capable of it.

No. I think he'll be in and out of the lineup and dealt at some point as he'll fall out of favor.

Hmmm....right around 45 sounds about right, so ill say yes.

Absolutely not. He'll probably have 2.

No

One will for sure be Draper, as Holland will re-sign him till he's 40...so it doesnt matter when Lidstrom retires...he'll be there still. The other i have no idea, even though he's new i guess Rafalski..

I think he'll struggle to find the net in stretches, and probably get about 13. I think the 20 was a bit flukish, but what he'll contribute will be just fine for a 3rd liner. I dont think he'll ever be that top 6 guy some feel he is...he's not.

Dont know, but whats the difference, whoever i say they wont get anyway!

Fisher, Vandermeer, Moen (although i dont think he's going anywhere for as long as Burke's there). Now promptly scratch off all 3 of those as possibilities ;)

Soo pessimistic, Jeff! *shakes head* :P

Didn't Fisher recently re-sign with the Sens for like three years? If he really is a UFA in '08 or '09 then FOR SURE I'd want him. I totally wasn't even thinking about that.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

If he stays fit...

Lets all hope so,it'd mean Sammy could return to where he belongs - 3rd or even 4th line.

Well I've been told he'll score 30+. :cool:

Why not? He's a monster.

:lol:

Close call,but I'd say yes.

Lilja the playoff-beast and Draper

He'll have a solid regular season with 16 goals,but he will be amazing in the playoffs.

Heatley.

Kunitz or Fisher

Komisarek

Avery

Edited by FinRedWing

When Lidstron retires, I think Holland will give him a shot at it... with a free agent in mind if Kronwall is not up for it. I think he will earn it.

Gosh, I hope so... I have been looking forward to him coming for so long now. I say no to this year -- I'll give him a year cushion to get used to North American hockey.

Yes. Easily -- as long as Babcock gives him the playing time.

I think he is going to have to -- it looks like his playing time will increase dramatically this year as a result of losing our entire second line. Good, he has earned it.,

No.

Career? No. Close to it? Yes.

If they stick around and work out: Cleary, Rafalski.

I continue to like what I see, and his past problems seem to be more of a mental and work ethic problem than skill problem. Seems to have his head on straighter now than when he struggled in the past.

I want to see any of our young guys step and earn it os we do not need one. Barring that, I would want Fedorov back, but you asked for an UFA as of now, so I would say Forsberg.

Not sure when their contrcts expire, but I would love to see Smyth here, Phaneuf for defense followed by Laraque.

Edited by egroen

- Yes, I believe within the next 5 years, but at the later part of it. He's going to come out of absolutely nowhere, but that will be by the time he's 30.

- Nah, he'll do good, but to be a steady second liner is a huge stretch.

- Hudler, more minutes = more goals. He's obligated to play more, and will produce.

- I don't see why not, maybe he'll reach 60+.

- No, Lilja is not a fighter.

- Goalwise, yes. Pointwise, it will be on par with his best season.

- By that time, Rafalski. I think Lids will play past 40 though.

- Yeah, but if not... He'll still have that heart.

- Anyone would say Heatley or Hossa... But I'd love Rolston.

- I don't know.

1. Wil Kronwall reach #1/#2 Dman status within his current contract (next 5 years)? Honestly, not anymore. He's been injured far too many times, and still may have future injuries, so probably not (althought I'd love to see him be a top-2).

2. Will Grigorenko prove to be a capable top 6 forward this season? Possibly. If he is for the most part recovered, gets on a line with dats, and they get some chemistry between them again i'd say he could be this year, but definitely will be next year.

3. Will Hudler score 20+ goals this season? As long as he gets the ice time, yes. Hell, maybe without the ice time, he got 15 last season!

4. Will Filppula have a 45pt season? Definitely. I remember all these commentators saying that he had hockey sense beyond his years, so now that he got his first full season out of the way he should be able to capitalize on what ice time he gets this year, which should be alot more since he did well in the playoffs. If he plays on a line with dats, and grigs possibly becomes the grit and plays the other side of those two, they could be a huge force in the league.

5. Will Lilja get in more than 5 fights? I don't see this happening, but I do however think that he'll play the body more. Then again, if he plays the body more, he might get into more fights...but I still don't see 5+ happening.

6. Will Rafalski have a career offensive year? Yes. He's going to work great into the Wings' system and should put up some great numbers, along with helping out defensively of course :P

7. Who will be the alternate captains when Zetterberg gets the C? just a random guess, but Datsyuk and either Cleary or Filppula.

8. Does Cleary turn out to be a one hit wonder, or does he repeat with another 20+ goal showing? He'll repeat. Even if he doesn't, he's still going to make in impact.

No idea for 9 & 10.

Edited by Swayze

- Yes, I'd say a #2 though. He was unimpressive to me last year, but I think that was an off year. Next year will be by far his best to date, IMO.

- Yes, sounds like he's got the attitude and skill to make an impact, and if given the chance with Dats or Z, I'm willing to bet he'll shine.

- Depends on ice time and linemates, but I'll say yes.

- Sure hope so, could very well happen if on top 2 lines and some PP time.

- No, he and the coaching staff know he's more valuable on the ice than in the box. 2 max.

- I think he will with the Wings being better offensively than N.J.

- If that happens, and within 3-5 years, Dats and Rafalski. Unless obviously there are some roster moves that would say otherwise.

- It'll be tough, though I don't care how much he scores as long as he keeps playing the same game I saw from him last year. I don't think he'll be seeing as much 2nd line or PP time.

- Obvious....#91

- I don't know.

Soo pessimistic, Jeff! *shakes head* :P

Didn't Fisher recently re-sign with the Sens for like three years? If he really is a UFA in '08 or '09 then FOR SURE I'd want him. I totally wasn't even thinking about that.

Haha, sorry I cant help it anymore!

Fisher signed a 3 yr deal with the Sens prior to the '05/06 season, so this upcoming season will be the last of his deal. He'll be getting a nice big raise for sure, so we can only hope that they'll have issues accomodating it, cause i think Spezza is due up as well as Heatley? Whether or not Fisher is unrestricted, Im thinking he is or YoungGuns probably wouldnt have listed him. If he's restricted though, we might as well forget about it.

Haha, sorry I cant help it anymore!

Fisher signed a 3 yr deal with the Sens prior to the '05/06 season, so this upcoming season will be the last of his deal. He'll be getting a nice big raise for sure, so we can only hope that they'll have issues accomodating it, cause i think Spezza is due up as well as Heatley? Whether or not Fisher is unrestricted, Im thinking he is or YoungGuns probably wouldnt have listed him. If he's restricted though, we might as well forget about it.

Fisher will be an UFA after next season (July 1, 2008).

My predictions:

-No. #3/4 defenseman. Will play well but struggle to stay healthy.

-Not this year (as in Not Yet.) May need some AHL time this year and will need a few NHL seasons under his belt first.

-Yes, unless his icetime is reduced from last year.

-Will get close... between 35 and 50.

-Legitimate fights? No.

-No. Detroit's not going to score a ton of goals. Rafalski will help, but we're not looking at the '80s Edmonton Oilers.

-Depends on when Lidstrom retires and who's left.

-Will have another excellent year but won't approach 20 goals again. May get 12.

-TBD. Depends on where the Wings are in the standings, what they need on the ice, and the market prices in the spring. They don't need to overpay, and they don't have a lot of prospects to deal.

-Zetterberg, Lidstrom, Cleary.

1. Wil Kronwall reach #1/#2 Dman status within his current contract (next 5 years)? Nope. I'm not sure that is possible when a player misses more games than they play.

2. Will Grigorenko prove to be a capable top 6 forward this season? Not this season

3. Will Hudler score 20+ goals this season? Yes

4. Will Filppula have a 45pt season? Yes

5. Will Lilja get in more than 5 fights? No

6. Will Rafalski have a career offensive year? Absolutely. Rafalski is a perfect fit in the Wings' system.

7. Who will be the alternate captains when Zetterberg gets the C? Draper (if still playing) and Datsyuk. If not Draper, then Filppula.

8. Does Cleary turn out to be a one hit wonder, or does he repeat with another 20+ goal showing? I can't see Cleary scoring 20 again honestly, although I hope I am wrong. This team will need goal scoring to come from somewhere.

9. What one forward, that is an 08 UFA as of now, would you like to see the Wings get at the deadline? Brain Rolston

Mike Fisher, Jordan Leopold, Sami Pahlsson Edited by GoWings1905

- No too many injuries during development. Second pair man.

- Impact but much of the second line will be by committee. I foresee many players rotating through the lines(not a bad thing right now).

- No but will be in the teens.

- Possibly

- If he does he'll be sent to GR or another NHL team before he leaves the box. Such things aren't tolerated by Red Wings players :P

- Same points better +/-

- Holmstrom and Datsyuk

- mid-teens

- too much bad mojo surrounding deadline picks the last few seasons, but prob a Dman if they're healthy otherwise.

- Laraque, (I'm expecting good things points wise for him this year) others I'll have to think about.