• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

TSN Poll

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Right now Penner has 64% of the votes. LOL. Poor Bert.. poor Burke.

www.tsn.ca/nhl on the bottom right

Edited by Crymson

I'm surprised Penner doesn't have 100% of the votes.

Bertuzzi is garbage. He's so overpaid for the money he makes and the contract term. Ridiculous.

Remember scorn duck fans can vote as many times as they want!!!

Brian Burke love Bert and vise versa, and Burke isn't a stupid guy. He knows this guy will play like a 4M dollar player.

Too bad Bertuzzi hasn't played like a 4 million dollar player since the 2002-2003 season.

I'm surprised Penner doesn't have 100% of the votes.

Bertuzzi is garbage. He's so overpaid for the money he makes and the contract term. Ridiculous.

Bertuzzi is far from being garbage. Him being not as effective in the last couple years is in large part due to his back. Once he's healthy, if he ever will be then I'll go out and bet anyone that he puts up good numbers again. Not as good as his days with the Nucks, but good enough.

Bertuzzi is far from being garbage. Him being not as effective in the last couple years is in large part due to his back. Once he's healthy, if he ever will be then I'll go out and bet anyone that he puts up good numbers again. Not as good as his days with the Nucks, but good enough.

If...

Take note of that word...

Bertuzzi has been a big "if" since the whole Steve Moore incident. It's always "if" he's healthy. "If" his back is 100%. The word "if" has become a watermark next to his name for years now.

Nonsense aside, I still firmly believe Bertuzzi is garbage, and I will stand by that. Did you happen to notice that in the one game he actually looked good for the Wings he got hurt?

It sounds like that's going to become his storybook now. If he actually goes out, has a good game, plays physical, and works hard, he'll get hurt.

If he's not doing that, he's as useless as Lang as far as I'm concerned. He's generally a lazy floater, and has become that ever since the Steve Moore incident. Take into account again that his one truly good game he did play with the Wings, he got hurt again.

I don't believe it was in his best interest to leave Detroit, and it's not Ken Holland's fault. 2 years for a player that comes with more baggage and a now sharp injury history is ridiculous. Burke wasn't putting his best foot forward when he signed Bertuzzi. He was blinded by his man love for Bertuzzi, because Bertuzzi is a canadian who has a repuation of being an *******, just like Burke.

I think that, given the majority of the fans here liked him anyways, and he was given a chance to turn things around, he should have taken a 1-year deal and stayed. You don't see Chelios bitching up a storm because Holland's not offering him 2-year deals all the time. No excuse for that.

It's all a moot point now, since he's gone. We'll see what happens to him.

If...

Take note of that word...

Bertuzzi has been a big "if" since the whole Steve Moore incident. It's always "if" he's healthy. "If" his back is 100%. The word "if" has become a watermark next to his name for years now.

Nonsense aside, I still firmly believe Bertuzzi is garbage, and I will stand by that. Did you happen to notice that in the one game he actually looked good for the Wings he got hurt?

It sounds like that's going to become his storybook now. If he actually goes out, has a good game, plays physical, and works hard, he'll get hurt.

If he's not doing that, he's as useless as Lang as far as I'm concerned. He's generally a lazy floater, and has become that ever since the Steve Moore incident. Take into account again that his one truly good game he did play with the Wings, he got hurt again.

I don't believe it was in his best interest to leave Detroit, and it's not Ken Holland's fault. 2 years for a player that comes with more baggage and a now sharp injury history is ridiculous. Burke wasn't putting his best foot forward when he signed Bertuzzi. He was blinded by his man love for Bertuzzi, because Bertuzzi is a canadian who has a repuation of being an *******, just like Burke.

I think that, given the majority of the fans here liked him anyways, and he was given a chance to turn things around, he should have taken a 1-year deal and stayed. You don't see Chelios bitching up a storm because Holland's not offering him 2-year deals all the time. No excuse for that.

It's all a moot point now, since he's gone. We'll see what happens to him.

So should you. At the very least Bertuzzi has achieved $4M/yr status in the NHL. Penner is at most a $2.5M/yr player right now. Whether or not he becomes a $4M+/yr player in the future is a bigger IF than Bertuzzi being one now.

So should you. At the very least Bertuzzi has achieved $4M/yr status in the NHL. Penner is at most a $2.5M/yr player right now. Whether or not he becomes a $4M+/yr player in the future is a bigger IF than Bertuzzi being one now.

So what? Fedorov has achieved status that he's worth 7-8 million at one point in his career. Would you give him that now?

At this point of who's more worth their money, Penner is definitly worth it more then Bertuzzi. Penner is an up-and-coming prospect who just scored 29 goals. Bertuzzi is a baggage claim (pun intended) that now also has a shimmering injury history to go with that.

Doesn't matter what Bertuzzi did 5 years ago, he's not worth that money now, so why is that not an if situation? You seen how poorly he did with us here. No way is he worth that kind of money, or contract term.

After seeing what Bert did with the Wings...or rather what he DIDNT do...I dont see how anyone can honestly say Bert was worth 4M. 2.5-3M is the max Id risk on Bertuzzi, but I dont think people realize 1) how big of a deal a back injury is and 2) how much bigger a back issue is when you are a large person.

What kind of logic is that? Yashin reached 9M, so him being paid 5M now would be ok? Give me a break. People go around ranting about how 29 goals isnt worth 4.3M. Well, how the hell is 3 goals in 15 games worth 4?

Edited by YoungGuns1340

Let's not get confused here. Bert shouldn't be getting 4 mil a year, BUT he is in no way 'garbage.'

With that being said, if he puts up solid numbers this season, he's worth the 4 mil and then some.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Guest nutz2u

Man, I can't stand Burke but this "man love" s*** is really getting overworked. Give it a rest and try to dream up a new catchy phrase.

I voted for penner, but i still would have loved to see bert take the ice at the joe this season. then again i wouldn't mind seeing penner take the ice too.

Too bad Bertuzzi hasn't played like a 4 million dollar player since the 2002-2003 season.

I don't know about that. You can write-off last year due to injury, but in the two previous years, he was a 70pt per year player (pro-rated for missed games in 03/04). Penner has not come close to putting up 70pts yet.

Anahiem has committed $4 million to Bert for the next 2 years, the Oilers have committed $4.25 million to Penner for the next 5 years.

To be honest, I'm not sure who is taking the bigger risk here, but since Bert is only for 2 years, I think that is the less risky of the two in terms of getting your money's worth.

I don't know about that. You can write-off last year due to injury, but in the two previous years, he was a 70pt per year player (pro-rated for missed games in 03/04). Penner has not come close to putting up 70pts yet.

Anahiem has committed $4 million to Bert for the next 2 years, the Oilers have committed $4.25 million to Penner for the next 5 years.

To be honest, I'm not sure who is taking the bigger risk here, but since Bert is only for 2 years, I think that is the less risky of the two in terms of getting your money's worth.

Nope. Penner is 24 right now. He'll be 29 when his contract ends. If he doesn't make an impact in the first couple seasons, He'll be 26 or 27, and he'll still have tremendous trade value. If need be, Lowe can always swap him for picks or prospects, or another roster player. Assume Penner puts up similar numbers to what he did this year for two more years, you don't think there will be a team out there willing to chance it for a decent prospect and maybe a pick or two, or a veteran winger and a pick? Burke is stuck with Bertuzzi no matter what--nobody is going to trade for him if he doesn't work out, and if he does he won't be traded. The chances that he'll do better than Penner over the next two years are at best 50/50, but Bertuzzi is on the way down and Penner is on the way up. Bertuzzi is the bigger risk, because he is declining and injury-prone, while Penner is entering his prime. If Penner puts up points at the same rate as he did in Anaheim, but with more minutes, he should be in the 50-65 point range with 35-40 goals each year. I don't see Bertuzzi matching those numbers, and that's assuming Penner doesn't get better with experience.

Nope. Penner is 24 right now. He'll be 29 when his contract ends. If he doesn't make an impact in the first couple seasons, He'll be 26 or 27, and he'll still have tremendous trade value. If need be, Lowe can always swap him for picks or prospects, or another roster player. Assume Penner puts up similar numbers to what he did this year for two more years, you don't think there will be a team out there willing to chance it for a decent prospect and maybe a pick or two, or a veteran winger and a pick? Burke is stuck with Bertuzzi no matter what--nobody is going to trade for him if he doesn't work out, and if he does he won't be traded. The chances that he'll do better than Penner over the next two years are at best 50/50, but Bertuzzi is on the way down and Penner is on the way up. Bertuzzi is the bigger risk, because he is declining and injury-prone, while Penner is entering his prime. If Penner puts up points at the same rate as he did in Anaheim, but with more minutes, he should be in the 50-65 point range with 35-40 goals each year. I don't see Bertuzzi matching those numbers, and that's assuming Penner doesn't get better with experience.

You can't simply assume that Penner is going to even produce the same as he did last year, that's where the risk is.

You can't simply assume that Penner is going to even produce the same as he did last year, that's where the risk is.

Then I'll rephrase. Given the increase in minutes and the better linemates, Penner should be able to match or beat his 29-45 from last year, if nothing else. Bertuzzi is a huge IF as far as reaching THOSE marks.

Penner had a good season last season , but he's still very young and inexperienced. no way is he worth 4 million at this point. he might be by this time next year or the year after that. I'd take Bert at 4 mil right now before him because although he's been in a slump with injuries recently, he's proved in the not so recent past that he's more than capable of being one of the premier power forwards in the NHL. He's still capable of being one.

At this point in their careers, I wouldn't pay either 4 million, but Penner has a much brighter future at this point than Bertuzzi does, so I can't see how any of you can vote for Bertuzzi. He'll never be a star player again. With that said, I don't know if Penner will ever be able to reach the level where Bertuzzi once was, but apparently Edmonton thinks so.

Bertuzzi is being paid based on his past. Penner is being paid based on his potential for the future. Neither are worth $4 million. However, if I had to pick one to overpay for it would be Penner. He may not put up big numbers, but he's a dominant physical force. Bertuzzi can probably float and put up 60-70 points. I'll take the guy who works his ass off over that.

At this point in their careers, I wouldn't pay either 4 million, but Penner has a much brighter future at this point than Bertuzzi does, so I can't see how any of you can vote for Bertuzzi. He'll never be a star player again. With that said, I don't know if Penner will ever be able to reach the level where Bertuzzi once was, but apparently Edmonton thinks so.

Penner has an excellent chance of reaching the level Bertuzzi was at for most of his career. He probably won't be a 100 point player, but he also probably won't play every shift with a guy like Naslund who would dominate his position for years on end.

EDIT: Penner is also coming off a 29-goal, 45-point rookie year. Bertuzzi took six years to beat that number of points and eight years to beat that number of goals. Penner needs to score 193 goals and 488 points over 624 games to match, or an average of 24-37-61 over 78 games per season for 8 seasons. That would put Penner at the same point as far as career stats in ten seasons that Bertuzzi has reached in 13 seasons.

Edited by eva unit zero

Guest REDWINGS4LYFE

bertuzzi is going to be on fire next season. let his back heal up the guys got heart. Look at what he has been through, brain burke knows he is a very smart man, he brought the vancouver canucks from the gutters to a decent team. He turned anahiem into a cup winner. The fedrov trade was brilliant, remember the ducks got plenty of young players in the system.