• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Echolalia

Forsberg

Rate this topic

It's total speculation. They list Nashville and in the same article it talks about a big contract. This is the same Nashville team that had a fire sale. Sure, they are going to throw big bucks at Foresburg. Total crap.

Nashville didn't have a fire sale though. The only player they traded away who was under contract was Vokoun. Vokoun was traded because he has health issues and was outplayed last year by Mason, who is younger and cheaper. Hartnell and Timonen were UFAs. Hartnell had previously said he wasn't coming back if Trotz did. He also got a contract from Philly that was about double what Nashville was silling to pay him. Timonen wanted to test the market, and likely would have gotten something similar to what he ended up with from Philly, if not more...and that is well beyond what Nashville was willing to pay him.

Kariya signing elsewhere was a result of the Balsillie circus and the (failed) attempt to move the team to Hamilton. You can bet if Balsillie never tries to move the Preds, Kariya is probably still in Nashville. Likely for less, too.

So ultimately, Nashville gave up Vokoun and got a boatload of picks back. They didn't lose much they wouldn't have lost ANYWAY, assuming Mason can handle the starter's role. Meaning they gained picks, including a couple firsts, for the difference between Vokoun and Pekka Rinne over about 20 games. Still not a fire sale.

Nashville didn't have a fire sale though. The only player they traded away who was under contract was Vokoun. Vokoun was traded because he has health issues and was outplayed last year by Mason, who is younger and cheaper. Hartnell and Timonen were UFAs. Hartnell had previously said he wasn't coming back if Trotz did. He also got a contract from Philly that was about double what Nashville was silling to pay him. Timonen wanted to test the market, and likely would have gotten something similar to what he ended up with from Philly, if not more...and that is well beyond what Nashville was willing to pay him.

Kariya signing elsewhere was a result of the Balsillie circus and the (failed) attempt to move the team to Hamilton. You can bet if Balsillie never tries to move the Preds, Kariya is probably still in Nashville. Likely for less, too.

So ultimately, Nashville gave up Vokoun and got a boatload of picks back. They didn't lose much they wouldn't have lost ANYWAY, assuming Mason can handle the starter's role. Meaning they gained picks, including a couple firsts, for the difference between Vokoun and Pekka Rinne over about 20 games. Still not a fire sale.

Ok. Call it something different if you want. They lost Timonen, Hartnell and Kariya. All free agents that they chose to not make any offers to that were even close to what they eventually got paid. Then they traded one of the top goalies in the league so that they could slash payroll. Now you could argue that Mason is better, but one good year (actuall 1/2 year) does not make an NHL goalie.

So in summary, they lost their best D-man (Timonen) their #1 goalie (Voukon), their best forward (Kariya) and one of their best up and coming forwards (Hartnell). All because they didn't want to pay them.

Based on this, there is no way in hell that they are going to turn around and pay big bucks for Foresburg.

Forsberg would be nice

Foresburg '02 would be nice. Foresburg '07 naaaaaaaaaah

I do not believe that Peter will go back to Nashville. No matter what they might offer him. And honestly I don't believe they will be making any big offers to anyone.

And I can't believe that any Wings fans would want Peter to go to Detroit. Considering his recent history of injuries and the rivalry. How many Swedes does it take to screw up a hockey team? ONE, if his name is Forsberg.

Edited by Alex Ovechkin

I do not believe that Peter will go back to Nashville. No matter what they might offer him. And honestly I don't believe they will be making any big offers to anyone.

And I can't believe that any Wings fans would want Peter to go to Detroit. Considering his recent history of injuries and the rivalry. How many Swedes does it take to screw up a hockey team? ONE, if his name is Forsberg.

Tell me, pray, which hockey team has he screwed up so far during his career? I sincerely doubt his injuries have been intentional. Sure he doesn't want to give up playing when he probably should, yet people still want him...I wonder why that is?

Believe it!

His recent history of injuries is worrisome, but even with the lost ice time he would still be a better option for our second line than anyone currently on the team. He showed up to the postseason last year, I think he had something like 6 points (don't quote me on that), and a plethora of hits. And what rivalry are you talking about again? The almost nonexistant rivalry that we had against Nashville last year? Because surely you aren't referring to the Colorado rivalry that died almost a decade ago, now. And looking back on his entire career, Forsberg has done anything but screw up a hockey team. He won a couple cups for the Avs, he WAS the team in Phily, and he was one of the more significant players on the statsheets for Nashville's playoff run last year.

Yes, hes not what he used to be, yes he has a foot problem, but if you refuse to sign every player who isn't at the top of their game and completely injury free, you never even make it to the playoffs.

Starting now, I'm going to keep track of every Forsberg thread we have, and every Fedorov thread we have, then compare them at the end of the season. Just to see where it goes.

Now, while it is nice that Yahoo pointed this rumor out and not Hockeybuzz.com, I still don't think there is much going into it right now. Plus, 4 million for Forsberg is out the question as far as I'm concerned. While he certainly is still a good player, he's also an injured player.

Right now, I don't believe these rumors, because Forsberg has been rumored to come here since last November, when the Flyers were already out of the playoffs.

I'm really not sure anyone can count that high, let alone keep track of that many posts!!!!

We sure could use him to replace the void Lang leaves.... I am sure Kenny has talked to his agent because he is a Swede and I bet Kenny knows most of the Swede agents out there... hell half our team is Team Sweden from the Plympics that won the Gold!