• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Kp-Wings

Oleg Tverdovsky signs in Russia

Rate this topic

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/hock...salavat_yulaev/

Thought I'd point this out, because it's interesting he's allowed to even do this. Tverdovsky cleared waivers last year after a bad season, but still has another year left on his contract with the LA Kings. It's an interesting situation, because apparently LA can suspend him and rid his salary, which I didn't think was possible.

Scratch one of the bigger names off the 2008 UFA list, although Tverdovsky has been a lost cause in the NHL for a quite a few years now. I can't imagine anyone really wanted him.

Regardless, I'm sure teams with a bad PP probably would have taken him, but that's not a choice now. His NHL career has pretty much come to an end.

i live in North Carolina, and i remember after the lockout the hurricanes trying hard to get adrian aucion. Then the hawks snatched him up in a typical blackhawk snafu. Well Rutherford was evidently furious with his inability to sign aucion so he signed tverdovsky. The media down here was like "um,....he hasn't been a good player in years jim". Well this made jimmy even angrier so i'll never forget his quote back "you ask any gm in the league who'd they'd rather have, adrian aucion, or Oleg Tverdovsky, it's Tverdovsky everytime". I litterally about fell out of my computer chair laughing so hard.

Adrian Aucoin sucks just as bad.

Tverdovksy's last good season was 2001-2002 when with Anaheim. Since then, he's gotten considerably worse, but did win 2 Stanley Cup's. I'm sure his feelings aren't hurt any.

for what chicago payed him, yeah, aucion was just as bad. Except he's still in this league. Don't forget the hurricanes had to attach a potential franchiese D man to get someone to bite on his salary.

Tverdovsky wasn't so bad that they got rid of Johnson just to get rid of his salary. I don't know about you, but I'd rather have Tverdovsky on the books for 2 more years and keep Johnson for the long run, then git rid of Tverdovsky right away but also get rid of Johnson.

It was said that Rutherford was "desperate" for defenseman, because Johnson wouldn't sign, so he made the trade. He only got one defenseman back, Tim Gleason, who was injured all the time.

Note the fact that Rutherford had cap space because he got rid of Tverdovsky's salary, but didn't do anything with it. He still hasn't for that matter, as they still don't have a true #1 defenseman.

It's an explainable circumstance: Jim Rutherford is not a smart GM.

i live in North Carolina, and i remember after the lockout the hurricanes trying hard to get adrian aucion. Then the hawks snatched him up in a typical blackhawk snafu. Well Rutherford was evidently furious with his inability to sign aucion so he signed tverdovsky. The media down here was like "um,....he hasn't been a good player in years jim". Well this made jimmy even angrier so i'll never forget his quote back "you ask any gm in the league who'd they'd rather have, adrian aucion, or Oleg Tverdovsky, it's Tverdovsky everytime". I litterally about fell out of my computer chair laughing so hard.

Wow...what part of NC? Here in the Greensboro area we're lucky if they even blurb a Canes game...much less what Rutherford farts on about.

Wow...what part of NC? Here in the Greensboro area we're lucky if they even blurb a Canes game...much less what Rutherford farts on about.

Greensboro area? holy piss man i live in high point. I heard all this because my girlfriend goes to college up the street from the RBC center, and raliegh's media devouts more time to the canes than most places around the State. It always kinda bothered me that the canes get no attention in the triad area despite playing there in its inseption.

Edited by theman19

over at LetsGoKings they're celebrating.

it makes the Jack Johnson deal look even better as he was just a salary dump by carolina.

turnoverdovsky has finally left the nhl!

Tverdosky played in my now home town of Manchester NH last year, with the Monarchs, LA has some pretty decent young prospects at D. No one that looks like a future Norris winner but solid young defenseman.

Oleg was on the top pairing and looked as SSSSSSSLLLLLLLOOOOOOOWWWWWW as hell.

He was a food presence and I am sure helped out in the locker room, but most of the time he looked out of place. I think LA will be more than happy to be rid of his contract.

Guest Shoreline

Eh, let him go to Russia. He and Alexei Yashin can be overpaid and underproductive there.

Adrian Aucoin sucks just as bad.

Tverdovksy's last good season was 2001-2002 when with Anaheim. Since then, he's gotten considerably worse, but did win 2 Stanley Cup's. I'm sure his feelings aren't hurt any.

At the time Rutherford was after Aucoin, Aucoin was twice the defenseman Tverdovsky was. Aucoin still has the potential to get back to that #3 status if he that should is fully healed. Tverdovsky on the other hand..

Edited by YoungGuns1340

The only ones of note are Yashin and Tverdovsky, neither of which have had a meaningful season in the NHL in years.

I can't think of any other big names that are leaving. Stan Chistov? Draft bust. Nikita Alexeev? Draft bust. Only other two I can remember right now.

At the time Rutherford was after Aucoin, Aucoin was twice the defenseman Tverdovsky was. Aucoin still has the potential to get back to that #3 status if he that should is fully healed. Tverdovsky on the other hand..

No way. Aucoin is a pylon. Sure, he has a good shot, but so does Mike Rathje, and you can't seriously say he's going to break grounds anytime soon.

Tverdovsky couldn't keep up in the new NHL, not because he's a bad skater, but because of his weak defensive play. Before he could just clutch and grab guys down. Now, he can't do that, and is left in the dust.

He's a damn fool if he does.

I think he'll stay in the NHL. He'll probably sign with some crappy fringe teamway below the Cap floor that is willing to pay his ridiculous salary demands. Probably Phoenix.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Does anyone know what the hell happened to Alexander Mogilny? Did he retire, or is he planning on playing in Russia?

The Devils placed him on the LTI (long-term injured list) last season. As far as I know, he's retired, since he hasn't played anywhere in over a year.