• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zata40

NEW WINGS JERSEY!

Rate this topic

yeah i don't like those changes either, but just think, it could be MUCH worse!

they could have gotten the numbers on the front......bleah! :scared:

This jersey isn't personalized, so we still could get numbers on the front. :scared:

But I trust that our management is smarter than that. After all, we don't have any piping.

All things considered, they could have been a lot worse. The changes are pretty much benign. My guess is the lowering of the bands on the sleeves was so they'd miss the "armpit" panel of fabric that runs along the inside of the sleeve.

Cox is a hockey fan, and often is seen wearing a Detroit Red Wings jersey while watching sporting events.

The role of Perry Cox on Scrubs was written with him in mind, the script called for a "John C. McGinley type."

The Detroit Red Wings jersey Dr. Cox wears was given to John C. McGinley by his friend and current Red Wing, Chris Chelios.

In the episode Dr. Cox was trying to cheer up JD and they decided to watch sports together, Dr. Cox got him a wings doctor so he would feel included. or something like that, it was right after JD's dad died.

i'm talking about a different episode. dr.cox and jordan go on a double date with eliot and keith. when there jordan tells eliot that perry tried to wear his chelios jersey to the date. dr. cox then asks keith what his favorite team is. he says red wings, and cox shows him his jersey underneth his jacket. cox then starts talking about why the red wings are the greatest franchise ever and tells him about there greatest moments. that is the only thing cox will talk about. so the next day at work, all of cox's people are wearing red wings jersey and are hopeing cox will actually talk to them nicley like he did with keith.

The Cut of the jersey is different the shoulders would not work with the flow of the seems, if you look at your current jersey all the colors flow inside the seems, that is why they changed it, and really its no big deal if you have a problem or are gonna "miss it" you should probably re-organize some priorities.

lol... hold up there slick. If I have a problem with it, then you can deal.

I'd think twice before telling people what they ought do. I actually don't think it's a big deal, but of course that was a little tough to see amid all my ranting and bitching and calls to crucify the Wings jersey designer. :P

Hey guys, remember how much Lidstrom loved the new jerseys when they showed them off in the all star game? Guess what, same thing.

These are basically going to be high tech versions of the same jersey they have worn since the last time we changed jersesys before the earth cooled down and water formed on the surface.

Im sure someone said this already, but those will not be on the game jerserys, they are just for the replica jerseys.

I'm pretty sure they will be on the authentic jerseys as well. The reason they are on the replicas is to, well replicate what the real ones will look like.

Hey guys, remember how much Lidstrom loved the new jerseys when they showed them off in the all star game? Guess what, same thing.

These are basically going to be high tech versions of the same jersey they have worn since the last time we changed jersesys before the earth cooled down and water formed on the surface.

I'm sure everyone knows the jerseys are fine. It's just that the piping designs they got for most teams are ridiculous.

And they sure are high-tech - so high tech that even Vern Fiddler of the Nashville Preds knows how many lives they will save:

"Back in October they were a little tight, but I’m sure by now they have modified them to be a little bit more comfortable," Fiddler said. "I approach the change with the thought that any time you can try to protect the players and make us safer it is just going to make for longer careers. If the league can keep us healthier and keep us in the game, it is nothing but a good thing.â€Â

lol at vern

Considering how bad it could have been - piping, vertical stripes, total logo and/ior color change - we should be thankful to the Hockey Gods that it is basically the same Wings sweater. The few changes are relatively minor and don't change the overall look of the sweater.

The only thing that remains as a question mark is the lettering, although I doubt that is much concern because that is like a trademark thing and if they didn't change anything else, why change the lettering?

BTW - the lettering is different in the preseason because of the number of sweaters they have to have made for players who are going to end up in Grand Rapids or get cut. It is faster and easier to do a generic font for all those sweaters rather than do the custom arched lettering for each one.

Considering how bad it could have been - piping, vertical stripes, total logo and/ior color change - we should be thankful to the Hockey Gods that it is basically the same Wings sweater. The few changes are relatively minor and don't change the overall look of the sweater.

There wasn't much of a risk that they'd change it, anyway. They wouldn't mess with any of those things, even the piping.

This is the Detroit Red Wings, after all.

Oh I know. It's just that some of us were a little worried about what possible changes there might be. With so many of the new sweaters revealed having the vertical piping or radical redesigns, it was only natural to get a little nervous.

BTW - I remember back in the mid-1980's or so, the Detroit Free Press ran a contest to redesign the Red Wings uniforms. I wish I had kept the article in which they revealed the winning designs because some of them were so far out there they looked like they came from Mars. I think it was just a newspaper thing, because the Wings never incorporated any of the ideas into their uniforms.

when do these go on sale?

The order form says Hockeytown Authenics will start selling them on September 14, and that is the only place you can get them for the first week or so. After that I guess anyone who normally sells sweaters can have them.

I don't want to dish out the money to get the authentic one (just so that the stupid tag on the lower left side of jersey isn't there) ... The patches on the front for replicas are LAME!

I will be just as happy with my massive collection of the old style jerseys.

i'm pretty sure that with everything that has happened this offseason, the jerseys are not the worse thing to happen to the team. i think i will wait to see what they look like on the players and hear their reactions because after all if they dont like the jersey's because of the material then we will be able to tell when they start complaining about the jersey. just look at the NBA with the new ball design, players were not that happy but they eventaully shut their mouths and just played. im pretty sure if this were to happen right before the season, we would not care that much it might just be because there is nothing else that interesting on the wings out there right now.

Edited by puckhog419

just look at the NBA with the new ball design, players were not that happy but they eventaully shut their mouths and just played.

Actually, they complained and the NBA switched back to the traditional ball mid-season.

:crazy:

Actually, they complained and the NBA switched back to the traditional ball mid-season.

:crazy:

:lol: maybe they will switch back to the old jerseys if the players dont like them then.

sorry, im not much of an NBA guy :blush:

I just think they've uglied down the jersies. It's not the end of the world...but I think the old design is much more appealing. I get that most of you guys don't think little changes make a difference, but in design it's the little things that make or break something. I think these are a bad design.

I just think they've uglied down the jersies. It's not the end of the world...but I think the old design is much more appealing. I get that most of you guys don't think little changes make a difference, but in design it's the little things that make or break something. I think these are a bad design.

:huh:

The design is nearly identical. I guarantee you the only difference you'll notice when they are actually on the players' bodies is the different collar (big deal) and the tighter fit (again, big deal).

:huh:

The design is nearly identical. I guarantee you the only difference you'll notice when they are actually on the players' bodies is the different collar (big deal) and the tighter fit (again, big deal).

Actually, I hate the design of the shoulder as detailed in those pictures (perhaps it will be different actually seeing the jersey) but right now the should doesn't look good. I like the U-shaped design the shoulders made on the "away" ones and now it looks straight across... Not to mention as I stated above, I absolutely HATE the patch in the lower front which looks to be the standard for all replicas...

Edited by OsGOD