• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FireCaptain

LGW double standard

Rate this topic

And 1 more thing ... when i meant nhl would be better... i mean NHL would be better in my opinion for me if those things happened ... I'm not into alot of those expansions team that came in ... never been too much of fan of new teams that's why ... im not saying that its not all the right moves also ...

Well if everyone thought that way there would still be only 6 teams playing each other a million times a season.

Not trying to bash you, I'm not a big fan of some expansion teams locations myself, but the game expanding is a good thing in most respects.

Also moving teams in markets with solid fanbases (Columbus, Minn), when the North Stars moved to Dallas they had great fans but the city couldn't get a new arena to please the ownership so they up and left, pissing off a ton of people with their lack of loyalty, which sucked for hockey because the game lost alot more fans in the twin cities then it gained in Dallas.

Thats not to say they didn't gain more fans in Dallas after several years, nor is it to say they didn't gain fans back with the introduction of the Wild, but the initial hit to the fan base of hockey as a result of that move was bad. Most Minnesotans love the game, not the crowd you want to piss off when your league is "struggling" to compete for viewership but there wasn't much the league could do to stop it.

As far as taking Nashville to Canada, I say go ahead, but Basillie disagrees. Their fan support has been less than impressive, despite their high ranking performances which is pretty sad since alot of cities would love that team. So if they moved to somewhere they were appriciated more then thats a good thing. But moving teams around for the hell of it makes no sense, although we all know some people will do it for the right ammount of money.

I'm just glad Detroit will never be one of those teams.

Edited by #19forPresident!

Well the wilds for me are not a bad team ... yes they have good attendance ... but history/rivalry wise ... they dont excite me

didnt dallas fail once ... ??? there were other teams too that failed but they still got teams back ... i cant remember wich ones were they but i think they were 2-3 wasnt ottawa one also (not sure, from what i can remember ... i might be wrong)

And 1 more thing ... when i meant nhl would be better... i mean NHL would be better in my opinion for me if those things happened ... I'm not into alot of those expansions team that came in ... never been too much of fan of new teams that's why ... im not saying that its not all the right moves also ...

Let me try to get this straight. The NHL should contract one of the few successful hockey markets it has in the United States because they don't excite you? As KP mentioned earlier in the thread, Minnesota is THE state for hockey in the country. Since the Wild have returned to play in Minnesota, they have sold out every single game. If we removed every team that was "boring" from the NHL, there would be about three teams left.

Just curious, has there ever been an NHL team that folded after that team won a Stanley Cup? What I'm getting at here is that people have wanted to shut down Anaheim and Tampa Bay. To my (limited) knowledge, no team that has ever won the Cup in the NHL has ever been contracted or even relocated.

The Ottawa Senators (1920, 1921, 1923, 1927) and Montreal Maroons (1926) won a combined five Stanley Cups after the NHL began play in 1917. Ottawa also won six between 1902 and 1911. Both teams eventually folded.

The mere fact that you have nothing useful to add doesn't make a thread useless.

But thanks so much for chiming in.

wow looks like someone shopuld have gotten a little more info themselves before starting another usless thread.

The mere fact that you have nothing useful to add doesn't make a thread useless.

But thanks so much for chiming in.

hahahah and we are all smarter from the drivel that you post...what is there to add to a thread like this but another useless post? again another useless thread along with the 500 others asking are we gonna pick up feds....are we gonna trade draper...bla bla bla

don't want to highjack this thread so this will be the last post. hahaha

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

First, "HillBilly", the word you are looking for is DRIVEL. Not, dribble.

English - it's a language even in the hillbilly land.

If you're so concerned about the quality of this thread - ignore it. Don't post. Easy as pie.

Plenty of other areas for you to spread your pleasantries.

hahahah and we are all smarter from the dribble that you post...what is there to add to a thread like this but another useless post? again another useless thread along with the 500 others asking are we gonna pick up feds....are we gonna trade draper...bla bla bla

We can only hope. However, this promise will probably be a failure.

don't want to highjack this thread so this will be the last post. hahaha

hahahah oh you got me... i did change it before you posted...again read before you start posting your great posts. they bring so much to lgw..where would we be without it. hahaha

start correcting people on thier english maybe it will bring a little excitement to this thread. here

i wishded i wased as smarts as some poepple on dis here site. i woulds love dat.

oh and if you want to get tech on me you posting an unsteady stream of useless posts i could call it dribbling.

so if you double post would it be called double dribble? or if you crossover to another topic in the same thread is it a crossover dribble?

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

Nhl would be much better league if they took out the following teams : Phoenix, Colombus, Nashville, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Carolina... and put a team in Quebec and Winnipeg ... and stay with 26 teams (or we can also take out florida, and minnesota) and have a league with 24 teams ...

Minnesota!? You have got to be kidding me! You want to get rid of a team from the State of Hockey??? I almost started laughing until I saw that you were serious... This goes up there as one of the dumbest things I've seen on here. :thumbdown:

Guest Shoreline

NHL attendance in 2007

Tampa is #3 overall, just behind Detroit. And they're listed at 100% selllout.

for comparison, Nashville is 23rd.

Thread over.

Btw, why is it a requisite that us Wings fans be fair to Nashville? :unsure:

f*** the Preds.

Edited by Shoreline

Guest Shoreline

Because hopefully some Wings fans aren't as snobish to Southern teams.

I tend to think it's for more sensible reasons, like they're heated division rivals.

Wouldn't have made sense to me if someone had told me in the mid-late 90s, particularly on a Wings forum to be fair to the Avs.

I tend to think it's for more sensible reasons, like they're heated division rivals.

Wouldn't have made sense to me if someone had told me in the mid-late 90s, particularly on a Wings forum to be fair to the Avs.

I guess that's one way to look at it.

I'm reminded of a saying that goes a little something like this:

There are two ways to have the biggest building. You can 1) Build the largest structure above all others or 2) Build a regular sized one and tear down all other buildings around you.

Seems like option 2 is the prefered one in this thread. <_<

Guest Shoreline

I guess that's one way to look at it.

I'm reminded of a saying that goes a little something like this:

There are two ways to have the biggest building. You can 1) Build the largest structure above all others or 2) Build a regular sized one and tear down all other buildings around you.

Seems like option 2 is the prefered one in this thread. <_<

I'm fiercely loyal to my teams, what can I say? I also enjoy a good ol' fashioned rivalry, which I thought was going to brew with the Preds until they did their silly fire sale, which was a bit beyond comprehension (from a more simplistic viewpoint). :)

The whole thing versus southerners seems to be something unrelated to hockey. Which I agree with cause I'm rather biased against them, socially, politically, et al. (I'm close to Santa Cruz/SF, so you can figure it out why) but in respect to hockey (given I enjoy watching Dallas, Atlanta, and Tampa) and this situation it's just a rivalry against a division team, which I enjoy. Who else can we say we hate from this division? Does anyone even watch Wings/Hawks or Wings/Jackets games anymore? I sure as heck don't.

But yeah, more bluntly I joined a Wings forum rather than an non team-specific NHL forum so I wouldn't have to worry about being nice to rival teams.

Edited by Shoreline

Fair enough, my fault there.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Nhl would be much better league if they took out the following teams : Phoenix, Colombus, Nashville, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Carolina... and put a team in Quebec and Winnipeg ... and stay with 26 teams (or we can also take out florida, and minnesota) and have a league with 24 teams ...

Minnesota...???? A place where people actually care about and watch hockey should be taken out????

:crazy::blink:

Minnesota!? You have got to be kidding me! You want to get rid of a team from the State of Hockey??? I almost started laughing until I saw that you were serious... This goes up there as one of the dumbest things I've seen on here. :thumbdown:

i said the same thing further down....completey unqualified statement

So, if Nash gives away 2000 seats on game day @ $2.50 each, GMP will be OK with calling that a sellout and the fact that they still lose money?

Legionnaire, inform the masses.

Who cares how they get there atleast there are people in the seats.

Edited by FireCaptain

Guest jaytan

I lived in Minneapolis for a few years right when the Wild came to town. I went to dozens of games.... That place was PACKED every night and everyone had a lot of passion for the team.

Minnesota's probably the best hockey state in the country.

Why did this even occur to you?

I lived in Minneapolis for a few years right when the Wild came to town. I went to dozens of games.... That place was PACKED every night and everyone had a lot of passion for the team.

Minnesota's probably the best hockey state in the country.

Why did this even occur to you?

Probably because Minnesota has already lost a franchise due to incredible fan apathy, including a rink that was less than half full in the Cup finals.

Probably because Minnesota has already lost a franchise due to incredible fan apathy, including a rink that was less than half full in the Cup finals.

Yeah, and how many years ago was that?

I don't understand why you support Nashville, but not Minnesota, or other area's that did struggle once, but probably wouldn't now or don't now.

Yeah, and how many years ago was that?

I don't understand why you support Nashville, but not Minnesota, or other area's that did struggle once, but probably wouldn't now or don't now.

I didn't say I don't support Minnesota. I said that's probably why it was brought up.

And for the record, I support Nashville because people say Nashville doesn't deserve a team because they don't support them via attendance, and these are the same people who said Winnipeg, Hartford and Quebec deserve teams and always had strong support. Nashville EASILY has the best attendance numbers of those four markets, yet it's the only one that DOESN'T deserve to be moved? Oh, I forgot...Nashville ws briefly the interest of a Canadian who wanted to move them to Canada...and since Canada should have at least 20 or 25 teams, Nashville isn't deserving of a team.