• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Cicada

In serious withdrawl symptons

Rate this topic

i don't know if anyone else is suffering as much as me, but i'm having serious withdrawl symptons from this game...

every day i check for some news, and they'res like NOTHING going on at the moment..

i need hockey!!!!

i'm suffering..

baseball doesn't do it.

"football" sucks...

premiership season starts tomorrow and i just don't care.

I NEED HOCKEY!!!

we should have some youtube thread or something with some moments. i was so desperate earlier i was even looking at clips of Mike Milbury beating someone with a shoe at MSG...

help me..

i think i hear i miss hockey more then eklund, or feds. im pretty sure that we all miss it, just go into the video drawer and pull out a wings tape and enjoy. if you dont have a tape, google has last seasons games. that is all we can do for now. it is almost time just be patient.

Do wat i do watch old hockey games

i've gone through last years playoffs twice already...

i deleted all my regular season stuff for some reason...kinda regretting it now

Guest snowman89

i think i hear i miss hockey more then eklund, or feds. im pretty sure that we all miss it, just go into the video drawer and pull out a wings tape and enjoy. if you dont have a tape, google has last seasons games. that is all we can do for now. it is almost time just be patient.

Where do they have them? What do you search for I cant find them?

Ugh…..Forgive me for sounding like a jackass but…

You all know how long the lockout lasted? About a year and a half.

You know how long a normal off-season lasts? Probably no more than three and a half months. That is jack squat worth of time, and it is easily the shortest off-season when compared to the NFL/college football, MLB, and the NBA.

Work, exercise, go out, read, hang out with friends. Do the same stuff you always do during hockey season that’s not hockey-related.

And you think you’ve got it bad right now or during the lockout? Live where I live and then compare. I’m in a non-hockey market, I didn’t have squat of hockey to watch during the lockout. No NHL, no minor league games, no college games. No skating rinks to skate at or watch hockey. Zero. Zilch. Zippo-dee-do-dah. And the amount of people who care that much about hockey down here as I do is, well it’s not a lot. And I didn’t even have my current job yet during the first half of the lockout, was doing temporary gigs, and working part-time. I had more free time than I do now. I still kept myself occupied just fine.

Watching the Red Wings and hockey is an important part of my life. I rarely miss a game, but my life is not all about the Detroit Red Wings, even during hockey sesason.

Again, three and a half months is absolutely nothing worth of time compared to the lockout. Sorry if I’m coming across pretty strongly but have some will power and occupy yourself with other things. And I know most of you all live in hockey markets, so play or watch a summer league game at a rink.

It’s not that bad and not that long.

You know how long a normal off-season lasts? Probably no more than three and a half months. That is jack squat worth of time, and it is easily the shortest off-season when compared to the NFL/college football, MLB, and the NBA.

Work, exercise, go out, read, hang out with friends. Do the same stuff you always do during hockey season that’s not hockey-related.

And you think you’ve got it bad right now or during the lockout? Live where I live and then compare. I’m in a non-hockey market, I didn’t have squat of hockey to watch during the lockout. No NHL, no minor league games, no college games. No skating rinks to skate at or watch hockey. Zero. Zilch. Zippo-dee-do-dah. And the amount of people who care that much about hockey down here as I do is, well it’s not a lot. And I didn’t even have my current job yet during the first half of the lockout, was doing temporary gigs, and working part-time. I had more free time than I do now. I still kept myself occupied just fine.

Watching the Red Wings and hockey is an important part of my life. I rarely miss a game, but my life is not all about the Detroit Red Wings, even during hockey sesason.

Again, three and a half months is absolutely nothing worth of time compared to the lockout. Sorry if I’m coming across pretty strongly but have some will power and occupy yourself with other things. And I know most of you all live in hockey markets, so play or watch a summer league game at a rink.

It’s not that bad and not that long.

You know what's funny, I was actually more in shape during the lockout. Hahahaha.

all around the league fans are dieing of lack of hockey. I go to other teams blogs and read what there fans saying, and it's the same thing everywhere, the wait is killing us.

But hey at least we haven't gone crazy yet, we still find interesting stuff to talk about at LGW to pass the time, over in the canucks boards there is a topic about ice :hehe:

PREMIERSHIP STARTS TOMORROW HELL YES!!!!!

ARSENAL! ARSENAL! ARSENAL!

GUNNERS 3 COTTAGERS 1 ON SUNDAY

HELLL YEAH!!!

ARRRRSEEENALL!

No kidding. That's about the only thing I've heard that makes me feel a little better. Cause I have been dying. Living in L.A. I have plenty to keep me busy. But I still hate Summer just cause it's way to hot out here and nothing but baseball bores the hell out of me. It would'nt be to bad if I could at least watch the Tiger's. But nothing but Dodgers & Angels bites. I couldn't care less about soccer. But I will actually be very happy when the NFL kicks off in a month. It will be nice to get back into my football pool. But it's my Center Ice package & Fantasy Hockey league that I really miss. Plus this will be my first hockey season with my new flat screen HD LCD and DVR. Man I am chomping at the bit.

I absolutely skipped past the lock-out. Why? It was in the five years that I hardly paid attention to pro sports at all post-high school.

There were days when I was a rabid fan in the past... but tuning out for that long definitely had a benefit in not having to "bear" the season-that-never-was. A summer is definitely easy.

Oh man..

I've been pouting all summer, walking around the house moping, and telling everyone in my family that September needs to be here already. I am having serious withdrawl symptoms as well. All summer I've been watching games. Spefically, Game 5 against the Flames. *Cleary's penalty shot goal* Game 2 against the Sharks, Game 4 against the Sharks, Game 1 against the Ducks. I've basically memorized those games.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033