• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
irishtemper14+25

markov

Rate this topic

soooooo apparently we have lost danny markov to free agency according to nhl.com

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&a...rticleid=335884

"Babcock watched Datsyuk and Zetterberg grow up and star for the Red Wings, leading Detroit to the Western Conference championship series and just two wins short of beating Mike̢۪s former Anaheim team in late May. Then, he saw a variably cloudy time in free agency as the Wings lost defensemen Mathieu Schneider and Dany Markov along with forwards Todd Bertuzzi and Kyle Calder. All the while, the optimistic Babcock chose to look at what he had to work with -- which included the addition of two-time Cup champion defenseman Brian Rafalski from New Jersey and former St. Louis Blues captain Dallas Drake up front."

uhhhhh wth

also at the bottom in around the central....they called kyle calder eric

Edited by irishtemper14+25

We technically did loose Markov. Hes a free agent, therefore he doesn't belong to the Wings organization, athough its safe to assume he isn't coming back this year. Not unless hes bluffing about going to Russia and ends up lowering his asking price within the next month or so.

Guest Crymson

It's not a certainty that Markov won't be back yet. I for one hope he does, unless we want to rely on rooks to fill his spot or get a cheapo replacement.

... Lilja, who is far cheaper and more physical?

I actually think Markov coming back is even MORE of a possibility now that Sutton signed with NYI. They were the leaders to land Markov, so now it may be down to Detroit or playing in Russia. I wouldnt be surprised to see Markov coming back and negotiating with Kenny, then signing a 2 year deal worth about 2.8 per. Wouldnt be a bad deal, but if it does happen, then I hope Detroit can find a taker for Lilja. Maybe Chicago who was looking at cheap vet depth.

I think he has tried to throw Russia out there to force/threaten teams to sign him. In his mind he probably was looking at NYI and DET as needing him and he thought he could cash in on their needs, just speculating here!

It is not like he is a 3rd or 4th line forward and there are a lot of guys out there like him. He is a 2nd (some teams not Det) or 3rd Dman and he feels there should be a lot of demand for him.

However I think he has screwed himself with this idle threat. He will be left to tuck his tail and go back to Kenny saying I will take less, or go to Russia, which isn't the same as playing in the NHL.

Amazing the effect pricing yourself out of a market can have.

I don't think that he will be back. If we were going to sign wouldn't we have allready done it?

I'm guessing we are to far apart on money and or maybe he didn't enjoy playing for babs.

That sucks because he was one of the few guys we had who would hit and play a physical game. Yeah he may have been out of position once in a while, but he would hit and thats what i think we need to do more of. I have not seen us bring in enough guys who will stand up for our smaller skilled players. I don't really see Drake playing everynight, but at this point maybe he will.

I would welcome Markov back.

We'll be fine on defense. But we NEED to stay healthy. That's the key.

Being healthy is why I'm nervous. If Lebda goes down before/during the playoffs, then who do we replace him with (assuming we are already using our 7th to replace an injured Kronwall)?

Being healthy is why I'm nervous. If Lebda goes down before/during the playoffs, then who do we replace him with (assuming we are already using our 7th to replace an injured Kronwall)?

If Lebda goes down before/during the playoffs, I'd bet my lunch that Kindl or Ericcson would be capable of replacing him.

I actually think Markov coming back is even MORE of a possibility now that Sutton signed with NYI. They were the leaders to land Markov, so now it may be down to Detroit or playing in Russia. I wouldnt be surprised to see Markov coming back and negotiating with Kenny, then signing a 2 year deal worth about 2.8 per. Wouldnt be a bad deal, but if it does happen, then I hope Detroit can find a taker for Lilja. Maybe Chicago who was looking at cheap vet depth.

Lilja isn't going anywhere until he has his chance to prove that he can play in the regular season like he did in the playoffs. If he goes back to his old ways he will either sit or be traded. I'd give him until Christmas. I'm betting on the new Lilja beating out the old Lilja.

Guest Crymson

the new liljia? as in turining over the puck in front of your net in ot in the playoffs....oh well i like him, and hope he stays around

He made one mistake in the entire playoffs, so piss off.

EDIT: misunderstood.

Edited by Crymson

"He made one mistake in the entire playoffs, so piss off."

For once I completely agree with you Crymson, Lilja was steller in the playoffs and granted the turnover was bad that game should have never even made it to overtime, we lost that game 10 minutes before Lilja made his mistake.