• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rice

'C' & 'A' to move to right side of Wings sweater

Rate this topic

Freep:

The first thing you notice about Nicklas Lidstrom’s new jersey is the “C.” It’s on the right side, instead of the left.

The Red Wings wanted to protect the tradition of the Winged Wheel as much as possible with the new streamlined Reebok jerseys all NHL teams are using this season, but that’s one concession they had to make. And it only affects three players, Lidstrom and his two alternate captains.

The letters had to be moved because the new jerseys are made of multiple panels, and there wasn’t room for them above the tip of the Winged Wheel on the left side without hitting a seam. And if you look at some old Wings photos, that’s actually been done before, too.

OMG FU BETTMAN!

:rolleyes:

Not a big deal.

i actually found a picture of the Wings new jerseys...

IPB Image

:ph34r::ph34r:

you know it's just a joke

Well just think how bad we'll beat you with a team full of tootoos. We're going to be the biggest cheap shot team around.

That kind of change is not a big deal...I can live with it. Besides, weren't the letters on the right like, years and years ago?

As long as they don't start putting the sweater numbers on the front...have I mentioned how much I effing HATE that? LOL

Guest Yzer19

No matter where they put that C it's still looks wrong on any other jersey but Yzerman's jersey.

After looking at those pictures, I have to say that any comments about the tips of the wings on the logo being snubbed a bit were false. It looks the same to me. Might just be a replica thing.