Tue. Nov. 27 Calgary at Detroit 7:00 PM

Tue. Dec. 4 Detroit at Montreal 7:30 PM

Mon. Dec. 17 Washington at Detroit 7:00 PM

Mon. Dec. 31 St. Louis at Detroit 7:00 PM

Tue. Jan. 8 Colorado at Detroit 7:30 PM

Mon. Feb. 18 Detroit at Colorado 8:00 PM

Sat. Jan. 26 All-Star Skills 7:00 PM

Sun. Jan. 27 All-Star Game 7:00 PM

NBC already fired Clement so now hes out in both places, is he making a move back to the booth instead?

Only 8 games for the Wings! Are you kidding me? I bet the goddamn flyers and rangers will have twice that many games. What do we have to do, sign Peter Forsberg to get some more airtime?

ESPN broadcasted not too many more Wings games a season.

There's also a thing called NHL Center Ice to get our Red Wings fill.

Insert next overdramatized VS sucks for no reason post *HERE*

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Only 8 games for the Wings! Are you kidding me? I bet the goddamn flyers and rangers will have twice that many games. What do we have to do, sign Peter Forsberg to get some more airtime?

The Flyers get so many games because they are owned by Comcast, which owns Versus. It's a simultaneous string of events for them.

Guest jaytan

No West Coast road games. That sucks. I've got to watch just about every game on DVR, on a frickin Monday or Tuesday night.

I miss having decent hockey coverage on TV.

No West Coast road games. That sucks. I've got to watch just about every game on DVR, on a frickin Monday or Tuesday night.

I miss having decent hockey coverage on TV.

you are 100% right, it really says a lot when NBC would rather show a pre race for horseracing then the ECF!

8 games is most any team is broadcast on VS. NBC, however, is showing 8 Ranger games, as opposed to the 6 starring Detroit.

CBC's also jumped on the Rangers bandwagon, airing 7 ranger games while only showing 3 of the Wings.

It's sure going to be funny when they get swept in the SCF.

VERSUS SUCKS!

:clap:

I don't have a problem with Versus. They show hockey games, they put a lot of attention to the sport that ESPN/ABC didn't do as much. Annoucing/commentary is secondary to me. As long as they show the games, that's fine with me. They are fine. If the annoucing bothers somebody that much, just hit the damn mute button on your TV.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

I don't have a problem with Versus. They show hockey games, they put a lot of attention to the sport that ESPN/ABC didn't do as much. Annoucing/commentary is secondary to me. As long as they show the games, that's fine with me. They are fine. If the annoucing bothers somebody that much, just hit the damn mute button on your TV.

That's exactly what I did when we played the Oilers and Flames in the past 2 playoff seasons? Those CBC homers were getting on my damn nerves.

Games By Team:

Colorado - 8

Detroit - 8

NY Rangers - 8

Philadelphia - 8

Pittsburgh - 8

Buffalo - 7

Boston - 6

Carolina - 5

Montreal - 5

NY Islanders - 5

Anaheim - 4

Atlanta - 4

Dallas - 4

Washington - 4

Minnesota - 3

New Jersey - 3

St. Louis - 3

Toronto - 3

Chicago - 2

San Jose - 2

Tampa Bay - 2

Vancouver - 2

Calgary - 1

Columbus - 1

Edmonton - 1

Florida - 1

Los Angeles - 1

Nashville - 1

Ottawa - 1

Phoenix - 1

Games By Team:

Colorado - 8

Detroit - 8

NY Rangers - 8

Philadelphia - 8

Pittsburgh - 8

Buffalo - 7

Boston - 6

Carolina - 5

Montreal - 5

NY Islanders - 5

Anaheim - 4

Atlanta - 4

Dallas - 4

Washington - 4

Minnesota - 3

New Jersey - 3

St. Louis - 3

Toronto - 3

Chicago - 2

San Jose - 2

Tampa Bay - 2

Vancouver - 2

Calgary - 1

Columbus - 1

Edmonton - 1

Florida - 1

Los Angeles - 1

Nashville - 1

Ottawa - 1

Phoenix - 1

Interesting breakdown. I wonder how it compairs to ratings.

Games By Team:

Colorado - 8

Detroit - 8

NY Rangers - 8

Philadelphia - 8

Pittsburgh - 8

Buffalo - 7

Boston - 6

Carolina - 5

Montreal - 5

NY Islanders - 5

Anaheim - 4

Atlanta - 4

Dallas - 4

Washington - 4

Minnesota - 3

New Jersey - 3

St. Louis - 3

Toronto - 3

Chicago - 2

San Jose - 2

Tampa Bay - 2

Vancouver - 2

Calgary - 1

Columbus - 1

Edmonton - 1

Florida - 1

Los Angeles - 1

Nashville - 1

Ottawa - 1

Phoenix - 1

you must have been bored. i do not like the quality of versus but you have to admit that they show more attention to hockey then ESPN would hav. i love ESPN but they would never show two games for two days like versus did at the end of the season and in playoffs.

Interesting breakdown. I wonder how it compairs to ratings.

Its not going to compare entirely to ratings, but you can bet your ass that theres no mistake that the biggest US hockey markets are at the top. But you also have to take into consideration whose getting play on Versus simply because they are playing against a big name team. Im willing to bet that teams like Phoenix, Columbus, Florida among others are only being featured on Versus because they are playing against one of the top 10 most popular teams in the league and/or the closest thing said team has to a rival.

Edited by YoungGuns1340

To me, 8 games is too much. I can't stand when the Wings play on Versus. I'd much rather have the Center Ice feed. It always sucks being able to watch them on FSN and then once in a while seeing them stuck on that crappy network.

Sorry, I've just never been a fan of OLN/Versus since seeing the first game on the network.

hey... don't be jealous about Flyers coverage. in the end, and I mean: come June, we'll see much more Wings games than Flyers games. oh... at least as long as Comcast doesn't start broadcasting amateur golfing :lol:

BTW: the team distribution is pretty much fine with focus on big market teams. didn't know Dives are still big market but... the Flyers argument above applies here too, so I'm not worried :D