• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zata40

islanders new jerseys

Rate this topic

I'm sorry but I think they look awful. I never thought orange and blue were good together. Orange and black, yes...orange and blue, no.

I'm sorry but I think they look awful. I never thought orange and blue were good together. Orange and black, yes...orange and blue, no.

the tigers are orange and blue :)

Orange and blue should look good together since they are complimentary colors.

IPB Image

Other uniforms using complementary colors:

Purple and Yellow: LA Kings 1980s.

Red and Green: NJ Devils 80s and early 90s.

Both are generally agreed upon as ugly.

Could be the design of those teams' jerseys too.

Orange and blue are used effectively by the Detroit Tigers, Edmonton Oilers, and Auburn University.

Yellow and purple are used by the Lakers and Vikings.

Green and red seem pretty popular around the winter holidays. Also the Wild use those colors effectively.

I think it's just the busyness of the sweater, with the stripes and piping and colorblocking. Two of the three would probably work, but all three, along with the number on the front (and don't forget the captain and the alternates will have their letters on the front, too) just make it look too cluttered up. Kind of like they threw everything at a blank sweater with just the Isles logo to see what would stick, and unfortunately, everything did.

I don't think the new Islanders sweater looks all that bad IF they took the number off the front. I'm not too crazy about the piping on the shoulders either, but on the whole, compared to some of the other redesigns, it's not bad.

Orange and black together? No. It just screams Halloween to me. On second thought, if your team is the Black Cats or Ghouls or something like that, then it might be okay. Otherwise, orange and black should be reserved for Halloween decorations only and never worn together as clothing of any kind.

Could be the design of those teams' jerseys too.

Orange and blue are used effectively by the Detroit Tigers, Edmonton Oilers, and Auburn University.

Yellow and purple are used by the Lakers and Vikings.

Green and red seem pretty popular around the winter holidays. Also the Wild use those colors effectively.

But this is not an effective use of color, and my point was that just because colors are complementary, doesn't mean they always look good together.

Guest jaytan

That does look better, but I still like what they came up with. It's a bit too busy, and they'll probably edit it a bit in a few years.