• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Well, we're a season past Yzerman's retirement

Rate this topic

Guest Yzer19

Can we all agree that Lidstrom is/was the modern era Gordie Howe, Shanny was the Ted Lindsay, Fedorov was the Sid Abel, Yzerman was the Alex Delvecchio, and Hasek was the Terry Sawchuk?

Edited by Yzer19

Can we all agree that Lidstrom is/was the modern era Gordie Howe, Shanny was the Ted Lindsay, Fedorov was the Sid Abel, Yzerman was the Alex Delvecchio, and Hasek was the Terry Sawchuk?

How does Hasek equate to Sawchuk? Sawchuk began his career in Detroit and spent most of his best years in the Winged Wheel. He posted several hundred wins and played for the team for many seasons. Hasek came in as a past-his-prime goalie who was still very good, but close to retirement. Hasek will always be thought of as a Sabre first, because that's where he spent his best years and most of his career. I would equate modern-day Red Wings to heroes past more in this fashion:

Yzerman/Howe

Lidstrom/Kelly

Fedorov/Lindsay

Shanahan/Abel

Osgood/Sawchuk

LGWer Jamie. ;)

Nope. They're completely different animals. This guy relishes in being some sort of messed bizzaro super fan. Proclaiming his greatness and underratedness on one hand and ranking everyone and their brother higher than him on the other.

Jamie just hated Stevie for being greedy and hanging on too long to the point of being a liability.

Guest Yzer19

I'm trying to come up with this guys various alter-egos.

drw02, SGY19 (not sure if this one was here or not), anyone remember any others?

I think your confusing me with someone else. The only named I've used is Yzer19. I'm sorry about my posts. I realize I'm very biased when it comes to Yzerman and I have a bad habit of overrating him and underrating everyone else. I try to stay away from the Yzerman topics but then someone posts that I can't help responding to. I will try to stay away since I'm too biased.

I think your confusing me with someone else. The only named I've used is Yzer19. I'm sorry about my posts. I realize I'm very biased when it comes to Yzerman and I have a bad habit of overrating him and underrating everyone else. I try to stay away from the Yzerman topics but then someone posts that I can't help responding to. I will try to stay away since I'm too biased.

Not a chance. You fit the MO to a T. Including these apologies whenever you get called out for it.

Nope. They're completely different animals. This guy relishes in being some sort of messed bizzaro super fan. Proclaiming his greatness and underratedness on one hand and ranking everyone and their brother higher than him on the other.

Jamie just hated Stevie for being greedy and hanging on too long to the point of being a liability.

Meh, I think they're all the same. :lol:

His number #5 probably should've been the first number retired from the modern era.

WTF?? You say you're an Yzerman fan, and you say stuff like this, that Stevie's number should not have been retired before Nick's? And earlier you said Yzerman should have been in hospital getting his knee operated on rather than on the ice in the 2002 playoffs, yet you also said his 2002 playoff performance is the main reason why his banner is hanging in the rafters at the Joe.

I'm confused. Which is it? You can't have it both ways. In fact, I don't think you're an Yzerman fan at all. I think your intention all along was to get us all riled up and defensive of Stevie. Well, congratulations, mission accomplished.

Guest Yzer19

WTF?? You say you're an Yzerman fan, and you say stuff like this, that Stevie's number should not have been retired before Nick's? And earlier you said Yzerman should have been in hospital getting his knee operated on rather than on the ice in the 2002 playoffs, yet you also said his 2002 playoff performance is the main reason why his banner is hanging in the rafters at the Joe.

I'm confused. Which is it? You can't have it both ways. In fact, I don't think you're an Yzerman fan at all. I think your intention all along was to get us all riled up and defensive of Stevie. Well, congratulations, mission accomplished.

Yes, I am a Yzerman fan. When I said Lidstrom's number should've been the first number retired in the modern era it was sarcasm. As for the 2002 playoffs, I do think that Yzerman should've had surgery done right after the olympics. He wouldn't have damaged his knee as bad as he did. I didn't mean the 2002 performance was the main reason that Yzerman's number retired, I meant that it sealed the deal. The #19 is retired because of everything from 83-06, but the 02 performance put him over the hump.

I apologize for my comments. This was just a bad topic and it was just disrespectful to Yzerman. I just got really frustrated right after I read the very first post in thread. Right from the first post, Yzerman was bashed. Anytime I see threads that bash Yzerman I get defensive and sometimes I say things that I shouldn't. I understand that not every Wings Fans likes Yzerman or thinks he was a great player, but then those that don't like him shouldn't start a thread about him that does nothing but bash him. They shouldn't even bother to discuss Yzerman at all. There are hundreds of other topics to discuss on a Wings board, don't discuss a player that you don't like.

Not a chance. You fit the MO to a T. Including these apologies whenever you get called out for it.

100% I think it is drw02!!!

He may not be but his is a spitting image of him!!

Yes, I am a Yzerman fan. When I said Lidstrom's number should've been the first number retired in the modern era it was sarcasm. As for the 2002 playoffs, I do think that Yzerman should've had surgery done right after the olympics. He wouldn't have damaged his knee as bad as he did. I didn't mean the 2002 performance was the main reason that Yzerman's number retired, I meant that it sealed the deal. The #19 is retired because of everything from 83-06, but the 02 performance put him over the hump.

I apologize for my comments. This was just a bad topic and it was just disrespectful to Yzerman. I just got really frustrated right after I read the very first post in thread. Right from the first post, Yzerman was bashed. Anytime I see threads that bash Yzerman I get defensive and sometimes I say things that I shouldn't. I understand that not every Wings Fans likes Yzerman or thinks he was a great player, but then those that don't like him shouldn't start a thread about him that does nothing but bash him. They shouldn't even bother to discuss Yzerman at all. There are hundreds of other topics to discuss on a Wings board, don't discuss a player that you don't like.

Okay, I think I understand you now. But if you had just said this to begin with, you could have avoided four pages of people trying to figure out what you meant...lol :cool:

But could you please point out where the Yzerman bashing is in Crymson's original post that started the thread? Here it is -

I was flipping through some of the old videos I have on my computer, and I came across a couple of Yzerman tribute videos some people had made. It struck me that it still seems like it was yesterday when we were all here a year ago wondering if Red Wings hockey would ever be the same again without Steve Yzerman. A year later, I've found myself feeling amazed at just how much this team has grown in that short time. The difference between then and now feels like the difference between night and day.

Does anyone else feel the same way--that we've grown so much since last offseason, so much that perhaps the Yzerman days seem like a distant memory already?

100% I think it is drw02!!!

He may not be but his is a spitting image of him!!

OT, but does anyone remember gillyfo :thumbup: and Scott Lucidi?? Good times, good times....

Anyway, carry on...

Guest Yzer19

Okay, I think I understand you now. But if you had just said this to begin with, you could have avoided four pages of people trying to figure out what you meant...lol :cool:

But could you please point out where the Yzerman bashing is in Crymson's original post that started the thread? Here it is -

Sorry about that. I'm never have been good at getting my point across.

IMO, I thought the last two sentences of Crymson't original post was bashing Yzerman. It just came across as very disrespectful.

Edited by Yzer19

OT, but does anyone remember gillyfo :thumbup: and Scott Lucidi?? Good times, good times....

Anyway, carry on...

Holy s*** I remember those two! How friggin funny.

Man some of the trolls that have patrolled these boards.