• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 11:24 PM

I remember a couple years ago I saw a commercial for Home Depot saying they carry all the NHL team colors in paint. I went on there site just recently and searched a few different places and couldn't find anything.

I'm asking beacause unfortunately my Red Wings shrine that I had in my room had to be taken down. Gone are all the posters, pics, frames, jerseys..etc. I had to put em all away because we are painting every room. GRRR. So to make it up to me they want to paint my room red and I want it to be Red Wings red!

Anyone know if their would be a color close enough or if Home Depot still has the NHL colors? Because I can't seem to find it.

Thanks.

"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#2 REDWINGS4LYFE

REDWINGS4LYFE

2nd Line Scorer

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 11:49 PM

they sure do!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 214

Rookie

• Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 07:23 AM

Actually, I work at Home Depot and for the last 2 years, our store did not have NHL colors....BUT, they just came out with a new color book for sports teams an d the NHL colors are in it. WHOOHOO!! So yes, yes they do. It's terribly exciting!! :-P

#4 Offsides

Offsides

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 07:39 AM

I think only Home Depot in Canada carried the NHL colo(u)rs

Posted Image

#5 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 07:42 AM

QUOTE(HockeyCrazy3033 @ August 21, 2007 - 12:24AM) View Post

I remember a couple years ago I saw a commercial for Home Depot saying they carry all the NHL team colors in paint. I went on there site just recently and searched a few different places and couldn't find anything.

I'm asking beacause unfortunately my Red Wings shrine that I had in my room had to be taken down. Gone are all the posters, pics, frames, jerseys..etc. I had to put em all away because we are painting every room. GRRR. So to make it up to me they want to paint my room red and I want it to be Red Wings red!

Anyone know if their would be a color close enough or if Home Depot still has the NHL colors? Because I can't seem to find it.

Thanks.

Yeah its probably the Home Depot right next to the local Sonic (i.e. DNE in michigan laugh.gif )

Edited by OsGOD, 21 August 2007 - 09:49 AM.

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#6 chelios4eva

chelios4eva

BFF

• PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:12 AM

idk what your taking about osgod but I know a hd right next to my place
IPB Image

#7 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,505 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:24 AM

QUOTE(Offsides @ August 21, 2007 - 07:39AM) View Post

I think only Home Depot in Canada carried the NHL colo(u)rs

Yup - I looked online as well, & realised that it's only available in Canada...You folks in the greater Detroit area shouldn't have a problem though - just a short trip to Windsor, & yer all set - eh?

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#8 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:47 AM

QUOTE(chelios4eva @ August 21, 2007 - 10:12AM) View Post

idk what your taking about osgod but I know a hd right next to my place

I was actually refering to the Commericals for NHL Paints at Home Depots (canada only as it appears) and commericals for Sonic Drive Inn (everywhere south of Michigan) and how the commercials are promoting the items here but the product is not to be had in the grand ol' mitten state.. Also similar to my man Chad and his Alltell service... I see and hear those commercials all the time... just they don't offer service in SE lower Michigan.

If your HD has the NHL colors, then let Reem know where she should go to get them that doesn't involve a passport smile.gif

Edited by OsGOD, 21 August 2007 - 09:48 AM.

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#9 amberlynn25

amberlynn25

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 520 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 02:59 PM

I can always look here in sarnia, since HD is like right down the street.
I get up every day, and I live. Everybody says you should live to the fullest, but what is it? No one knows until you come so close that you're not worried about anything else but being alive."~ Jiri Fischer
my heart belongs to a canadian!

#10 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 04:53 PM

Thanks guys.

Yeah I have a Home Depot about 10 minutes away. I'll go soon and see what they have. I just assumed from looking on sites that by the looks of it they don't carry 'em anywhere. I'll find out soon enough!

#11 Elshupacabra

Elshupacabra

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:31 PM

Just take some of your Red Wings stuff up there and put it in the color matching machine.

#12 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 06:18 AM

^^ ahhhh very good point. They have that scanner thing that matches colors.

Just Reem DO NOT print off the detroitredwings.com FIRE ON ICE campaign pictures... I would hate for you to show off your Red Wing room to friends and have them laugh because it is pink laugh.gif

#13 auxlepli

auxlepli

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE(Elshupacabra @ August 21, 2007 - 10:31PM) View Post

Just take some of your Red Wings stuff up there and put it in the color matching machine.

Yeah that's what I would think too. Lowes, Meijers, or any paint store should be able to match it.
I'm gonna make my mancave a tribute to the Wings. Now if I could just get that Harley from Hockeytown Cafe.

#14 214

Rookie

• Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 07:36 AM

Well I work at HD near Flint, Mi and we have the Red Wings colors. Just an FYI.

#15 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE(214 @ August 23, 2007 - 08:36AM) View Post
Well I work at HD near Flint, Mi and we have the Red Wings colors. Just an FYI.

That is awesome. Thanks for checking! smile.gif

QUOTE(OsGOD @ August 22, 2007 - 07:18AM) View Post
^^ ahhhh very good point. They have that scanner thing that matches colors.

Just Reem DO NOT print off the detroitredwings.com FIRE ON ICE campaign pictures... I would hate for you to show off your Red Wing room to friends and have them laugh because it is pink laugh.gif

Hahaha yeah I'll make sure I won't do that.

QUOTE(Elshupacabra @ August 21, 2007 - 10:31PM) View Post

That sounds like a great idea, thanks!

#16 214

Rookie

• Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 07:11 PM

Just a warning about color matching, it is not 100% accurate.....sometimes, certain colors just don't come out right. Just so ya know...

#17 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 03:05 PM

kjklsdjgs I just got the Red Wings Red & White official colors. biggrin.gif Home Depot is amazing, yes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users