• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
skacore

Lilja vs. Corson fight video

Rate this topic

Corson is a much better fighter, so naturally Lilja is on the receiving end of an asskicking. Well, ok, asskicking is a bit strong, but Corson still took him down and had the better punches.

I give Lilja credit for trying. Hopefully, since he's the only guy we got that might, we start seeing him do that on a regular basis.

Corson won, but Lilja did just fine. In no means is Lilja a great enforcer but he isnt terrible either, I hope he drops the mitts a few more times. I am not asking for 10-12 tilts but I think he could handle 4-6 throughout the year and be just fine, hell maybe even pick up a W along the way

With Babs mentioning that Drake will be mentoring Kopecky, do you think Drake might teach him a few things about fighting? Not sure if Drake really has even fought before so someone could help me out on that but there might be a chance Kopecky could be that guy.

With Babs mentioning that Drake will be mentoring Kopecky, do you think Drake might teach him a few things about fighting? Not sure if Drake really has even fought before so someone could help me out on that but there might be a chance Kopecky could be that guy.

Drake has always fought on occasion because he is challened so often but he has never been much of a fighter... it's mostly out of adrenaline, I doubt there is much he can teach Kopecky that he doesn't already know. Kopecky spent a couple years in the WHL and had a couple fights and he had a couple in '06 as well. I'm pretty excited about Maltby-Kopecky-Drake as a line and look forward to a couple of scraps from both Kopecky and Drake.

Edited by skacore

Drake has always fought on occasion because he is challened so often but he has never been much of a fighter... it's mostly out of adrenaline, I doubt there is much he can teach Kopecky that he doesn't already know. Kopecky spent a couple years in the WHL and had a couple fights and he had a couple in '06 as well. I'm pretty excited about Maltby-Kopecky-Drake as a line and look forward to a couple of scraps from both Kopecky and Drake.

He can always teach Kopecky on how to run goalies. As for Drake's fighting ability, Lilja could probably lick him.

at this point i don't really care if they win them just as long as they stand up for eachother

Exactly. Lilja may not instill any fear in the Corsons of the league, but he might be able to make some scrubs think twice about running Dom or the like.

I'd love to see Lilja challenge Denis Gauthier this year to redeem his pair. Gauthier is no more of a fighter than Lilja is yet Lilja turtled to the guy

Gauthier is a horrible fighter, which is what made his turtle so surprising. Lilja isn't a great fighter, but he could easily drop Gauthier if he tried.

Thanks for the info skacore. Yeah, i guess i really don't see Kopecky being a fighting goon because he doesn't strike me as that type but at least Drake can teach him some old dog tricks as well as some stuff he picked up along the way. I'm excited to see what those two as well as Maltby can do on a line.

One of the reasons I wanted Markov back was to have a Lilja-Markov pairing. Markov isnt a bad fighter , but he could teach Lilja a thing or two and that would help with the grit factor.

On the Gauthier thing , I'd love to see Lilja drop them with Dennis ... and kick his ass!

here is Dallas Drake having a go with Ian Laperriere... the Youtube.com videos are pretty played out and everyone has seen them (Kopecky vs. May, Drake vs. Ott, Drake vs. Petrovicky, etc).. if you guys know the whereabouts of any of our current players fight clips feel free to post em here (Maltby, Drake, Lilja, Kopecky, Quincey).. I'd like to see Maltby vs. Roberts from '06 even though I know it wasn't much, and Lilja vs. Godard

http://www.gofish.com/player.gfp?gfid=30-1074110

EDIT: same fight as Detroit #1 Fan's avatar by the way

Edited by skacore

"at this point i don't really care if they win them just as long as they stand up for eachother"

probably the best statement made on this board in a month.

"Yeah, i guess i really don't see Kopecky being a fighting goon because he doesn't strike me as that"

haha ya, because the NHL is as simple as black and white, fighting goon or not fighting goon. You should rephrase your statement to

I guess I really dont see Kopecky as a HW enforcer type because as his career so far, before Detroit, clearly illustrates fighting is not a big part of his game, yet he will probably drop every once and a while.

And one more thing, a funny, no, scary, thought came to mind. That being Drake, in a "i forgot what team I play for now" runs a goalie, and thus inciting a small line brawl and furthermore giving them reasons to run and cheapshot us. Hmm would not be good, I mean all that insane playoff grit everyone hangs on here would have to come out at once if a scenario like this occured or things would get ugly.

The Roberts Maltby was literally a headlock, Maltby refused to shed the gloves. I will try to find it for you though. Thanks for the Drake lap tilt to, I havent seen that one till now.

yeah I saw it live, Maltby went straight for the shoot and got the double leg take down... I'm still into those "fights" for some odd reason dunno why lol, I like to have a lot of clips I guess

Maltby is a notorious chicken, but surprisingly his fight card does have him in quite a few fights even as recent as the 2003-2004 season. Since the lockout though, he hasn't had any (I don't consider the Roberts thing a fight, because that looked more like two girls dancing with each other).

I want to find a Maltby fight, just to see how he did. If he can actually fight, I don't see why he doesn't. I know about his eye injury, but Jarome Iginla fights with his visor on. :P

A little off topic but when Draper and Drake fought during the line brawl a couple years back Drake won, but Draper held his own, I mean he did just fine and in no means was made to look like a fool. I will find some Maltby clips, it is my mission now.

yeah I saw it live, Maltby went straight for the shoot and got the double leg take down... I'm still into those "fights" for some odd reason dunno why lol, I like to have a lot of clips I guess

Just going by memory, but Maltby didnt actual get the takedown from what i recall. He went for Roberts' legs, but ended up taking some lefts to the top of the head before pulling him down with him.