• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Saran

Treasurer Hunter finds Stanley Cup Ring

Rate this topic

Guest GordieSid&Ted

That way you probably wouldn't ever be able to tell who the ring belonged to anyways (so finders keepers would go into effect by default)... Hardly ever does the engraving on the inside of the band actually contain the ladies Name Address and Phone number and/or social security number and bank pin

You just have to be extra special careful NOT to lose it while swiming.

That can pretty much be said about any ring of course with an exception of very famous rings where you can track down the owner.

A friend of mine lost his wedding band on his honeymoon swimming in the sea, argghhh!

First of all, I don't wear my ring unless i'm going out. But some folks I know refuse to take it off. There's a couple chaps on my beer league softball team that play with them and I just shake my head like "how can you play with that thing on, it'd drive me nuts". Anyway, I understand people sometimes won't take it off for anything but a little common sense will tell you 2 things. 1. don't wear your ring when washing your hands over a sink. Why, because soap and water = slippery ring on your finger = there it goes down the drain. Now you'll get this back after about 15 minutes of labor that you really weren't looking forward to. 2. wearing your ring in water, especially while swimming in the ocean is asking for trouble. Seriously, the water is only going to make it fall off and you aren't going to notice until its already gone. Then you have these lovely waves to push your treasured item far away from you, lost forever until some holmes with an underwater metal detector happens upon it.

People, take your freaking rings off if you're gonna get wet.

PS: I lost my first band by being stupid. I was riding in my wife's car (she was driving) and we were yaking about something and I took my ring off and went to put it on a little rubber pad on the dashboard when I let go a bit too early, it bounced and fell down into the vent. OOPS! Wife sitting 2 feet away, trapped in moving vehicle, watches entire episode unfold = you are in deep $#it. What really chaps her ass is sometimes she says she can hear it rattling around. I tried to retrieve it to no avail so she bought me another one. D'oh!

I have to say that it's pretty cool that the ring was found.

I would hope that the guy who foudn the ring would be cool enough to just give in and finally give it back to owner. I guess that is pretty unlikely and will not happen.

It's a shame thats the way people are.

I know the original owner gave it away, but he kept it in the family. It's not like he sold it or just gave it to some random person. He may have been upset with the leafs when he gave it away but i think that people come around and time heals most wounds. I think it would be cool if he could get it bac.

A friend of mine lost his wedding band on his honeymoon swimming in the sea, argghhh!

First of all, I don't wear my ring unless i'm going out. But some folks I know refuse to take it off. There's a couple chaps on my beer league softball team that play with them and I just shake my head like "how can you play with that thing on, it'd drive me nuts". Anyway, I understand people sometimes won't take it off for anything but a little common sense will tell you 2 things. 1. don't wear your ring when washing your hands over a sink. Why, because soap and water = slippery ring on your finger = there it goes down the drain. Now you'll get this back after about 15 minutes of labor that you really weren't looking forward to. 2. wearing your ring in water, especially while swimming in the ocean is asking for trouble. Seriously, the water is only going to make it fall off and you aren't going to notice until its already gone. Then you have these lovely waves to push your treasured item far away from you, lost forever until some holmes with an underwater metal detector happens upon it.

People, take your freaking rings off if you're gonna get wet.

PS: I lost my first band by being stupid. I was riding in my wife's car (she was driving) and we were yaking about something and I took my ring off and went to put it on a little rubber pad on the dashboard when I let go a bit too early, it bounced and fell down into the vent. OOPS! Wife sitting 2 feet away, trapped in moving vehicle, watches entire episode unfold = you are in deep $#it. What really chaps her ass is sometimes she says she can hear it rattling around. I tried to retrieve it to no avail so she bought me another one. D'oh!

FYI.... the guys at the car dealership can get that out..... could be expensive, depending on what they have to take apart to do it, though.... :)

Also, I suspect the change in location is due to the ring going through the innards of some fish or shark..... probably gulped up the shiny object and..... well, you can guess the rest all those miles away....

Edited by Dixie Wingslover

^^ and guess what? the guys getting it out WILL require a reward in the form of payment... so its always catch-22 when finding or retrieving something lost :)

Here's the deal.....

Pappin will give the guy $1,000 up front for the ring. He's going to sell the replica and give the treasure hunter a percentage of the sale. It isn't known what the percentage is.

Pappin says he's had offers up to $20,000 so far for the replica, but hasn't decided if he's just going to sell it, or auction it off.