• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sixer

Panthers, Weiss agree on six-year, $18.6 million deal

Rate this topic

TSN

The Florida Panthers have agreed to terms with Stephen Weiss on a 6-year, $18.6 million contract. The deal will pay Weiss $3.1 million per year.

In 74 games with the Panthers last season, Weiss netted 20 goals and dished out 28 assists. He has totals of 48 goals and 73 assists in 249 career NHL games, all with the Panthers.

Details to follow.

Waaay too much money if you ask me!!! And from the Panthers who have $1 dollar seat sales!

Too much money. But not waaaay too much money.

I think in 2-3 years this will be a bargain or at least fair value.

What's with all these long contracts? I thought the idea of the Cap was, like the in NFL, to discourage long-term deals to get more out of players who would basically be playing on 2-3 year deals at a time.

Edited by rick zombo

Guest jaytan

That's hilarious! A lot of guys are really making more money than they're worth this year.

And the Panthers have $1 tickets? I can't even go to a frickin' junior hockey game for less than ten bucks. :(

In the NHL today, he's worth it.

He had about half of Datsyuk's point production, and got less than half of Dats's contract. Datsyuk's game is all around better, so it makes sense that he would make more than double.

But it's not such a stretch.

Guest Yzer19

I don't think it's that bad of a deal. He's slightly overpaid. Look at what the Wings are paying Draper. He's making $2.1 million and he only scored 29 points in 81 games last year.

Guest snowman89

I don't think it's that bad of a deal. He's slightly overpaid. Look at what the Wings are paying Draper. He's making $2.1 million and he only scored 29 points in 81 games last year.

:clap: Yah! Not all of your opinions are terrible! I think he will be at least a 60 point player this year, and the panthers with the core of young players have and under good contracts are going to improve, a year removed from Luongo leaving, they once again have a legitimate goalie. I think they will challenge to make the playoffs this year.

Are you guys serious? This is an awesome deal. 3.1 for 6 years? He is on the verge of really breaking out. He could easily end up being a bargain for every single year of that contract.

:siren: 3.1 for a 60 point players is the going rate, and if he gets better than that, they have a bargain for SIX years! I think this is a great deal.

:clap: Yah! Not all of your opinions are terrible! I think he will be at least a 60 point player this year, and the panthers with the core of young players have and under good contracts are going to improve, a year removed from Luongo leaving, they once again have a legitimate goalie. I think they will challenge to make the playoffs this year.

:siren: 3.1 for a 60 point players is the going rate, and if he gets better than that, they have a bargain for SIX years! I think this is a great deal.

The Panthers have had better rosters before this year and were unable to make the playoffs, so what makes you think they will do it now?

Guest Crymson

He was also one of the league's best penalty killers and defensive forwards, and as you said he played in 81 games. That's durability there.