• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
JayUp88

The greatest beatdowns in history

Rate this topic

I was playing around on espn.com...... i know espn sucks. but they had a "The greatest beatdowns in history" and our wonderful detroit made the list at #86 Darren McCarty versus Claude Lemieux. its kind of funny to because almost all of the list is about teams that lost really bad. (this came up from the Rangers 30, Orioles 3 joke the other day.

Guest Yzer19

I'm not surprised by the ranking. ESPN is a joke. I haven't watched ESPN in ages. The only time I turn it on is to check the sports ticker on the bottom of the ESPN2 screen and that's not very often at all.

Edited by Yzer19

Guest GordieSid&Ted

yup, number 27. sometimes i think the guys at ESPN have watched maybe a hockey game a year since 1997.

What an absolute joke. Its obvious to anyone with half a brain who knew what they were talking about (yeah, go figure that espn would maybe know something about the topics they are covering) would know the history behind the Lemieux beatdown and the Aves/Wings rivalry in general. And to put something like the Ryan noogie-fest which was comical at best, hardly a fight, and had no history behind it whatsoever just proves again why I made the right decision not to watch sportscenter any more. Frankly, I don't visit espn, watch any of their shows or have any inclination to get involved in anything to do with them. Give me NHL centerice, TSN and LGW and i'm good.

Guest jaytan

Now that I've read the list.... This guy lacks perspective or something. He's trying too hard to include every sport (or Oscars category.... and cartoon.....) in existence, and ignoring some truly brutal beatdowns. I mean, why should two 11-0 Game 7 baseball games be in the top 20? And sure, a five-touchdown victory in a college football title game is impressive, but it happens all the time. Same thing with the Bears stomping the Patriots in Super Bowl XX. Half the Super Bowls since have been similar blowouts.

Edited by jaytan

What idiot who works for espn ranked the boxing matches the way they were ranked? And what is Lord of the Rings doing on the list?

P.S.

How about Patrick Roy getting busted open by Vernon. I would have liked to see that goof on the list.

Guest Yzer19

I thought maybe the Wings win over Montreal might make the list, but I guess not. I think the score was 11-1.

Actually the 95-96 Red Wings team probably could've made the list with their dominating 62 win season. They beat every single team in the NHL at least once.

Guest Crymson

Yes, here's a link: Top 100 greatest beatdowns

I find it pretty indicative of this article's failure that the Bears` 46-10 Super Bowl XX victory over the Patriots trumps on the list the 49ers` 52-10 trouncing of the Broncos in the early 90s.

Guest snowman89

Now that I've read the list.... This guy lacks perspective or something. He's trying too hard to include every sport (or Oscars category.... and cartoon.....) in existence, and ignoring some truly brutal beatdowns. I mean, why should two 11-0 Game 7 baseball games be in the top 20? And sure, a five-touchdown victory in a college football title game is impressive, but it happens all the time. Same thing with the Bears stomping the Patriots in Super Bowl XX. Half the Super Bowls since have been similar blowouts.

What idiot who works for espn ranked the boxing matches the way they were ranked? And what is Lord of the Rings doing on the list?

P.S.

How about Patrick Roy getting busted open by Vernon. I would have liked to see that goof on the list.

I find it pretty indicative of this article's failure that the Bears` 46-10 Super Bowl XX victory over the Patriots trumps on the list the 49ers` 52-10 trouncing of the Broncos in the early 90s.

You guys are taking this way to seriously, this is a joke list,

I CANT BELIEVE HARRY OVER VOLDEMORT beat out MRS WEASLEY OVER BELLATRIX LESTRANGE, let it go!!! Your guys hatred for ESPN, is causing an extreme over reaction

What is with the Lord of the Ring comment. When did watching a 3 hour movie and the Oscar awards become a sport? They should just stick to the things that they show or showed on the station. If I wanted to watch a station that delt with comedy I would not pick ESPN for my first choice unless they were showing something about hockey (since they don't really know much about the sport).

Edited by MonkeyGoalie