• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
raidedredwing2

Adam Berkhoel

Rate this topic

When did we sign this guy and for how long? He's listed as double backup. He has concrete numbers. Is this guy more than likely going to play in GR? We have so much goalie depth in this team that it seems like the posibilities are endless. Ozzie wants to play for 5 more years, Hasek is still playing, Howard and Liv fighting for future spots. I was supprised not to see Howard's name listed as double backup. Iv been wanting to see this kid be our number 1 sence we have drafted him comming out of college and setting the GAA record. Most teams its not that hard to figure out the posibillity of who will get the position. Its just so much harder in detroit becasue of all the names and numbers in the mix

Guest snowman89

I dont know much about him but everything I heard is that he is going to be the double back-up, a little between GR and DET, he is here so that(I am assuming) so incase osgood or hasek get hurt, he can back up and not have to jerk Howard back and forth, because (for a fact) I know that the Wings want Howard to be the main goalie in GR for the whole season, to see what he is made of, the last year or two he has been moved around and hurt a little and has not carried the full load in GR and they are looking for that.

Also I am pretty sure not 100% but that I read that Liv was going back to his motherland which I think is sweden or finland.

Guest Crymson

When did we sign this guy and for how long? He's listed as double backup. He has concrete numbers. Is this guy more than likely going to play in GR? We have so much goalie depth in this team that it seems like the posibilities are endless. Ozzie wants to play for 5 more years, Hasek is still playing, Howard and Liv fighting for future spots. I was supprised not to see Howard's name listed as double backup. Iv been wanting to see this kid be our number 1 sence we have drafted him comming out of college and setting the GAA record. Most teams its not that hard to figure out the posibillity of who will get the position. Its just so much harder in detroit becasue of all the names and numbers in the mix

Concrete numbers? His NHL numbers are TERRIBLE!!! He has a 4.00 GAA and a sub-.900 SV%. This guy is probably a GR backup at best.

Guest snowman89

Concrete numbers? His NHL numbers are TERRIBLE!!! He has a 4.00 GAA and a sub-.900 SV%. This guy is probably a GR backup at best.

I think he meant concrete Jersey Number! Settledown!

Didn't Liv lose his fight? meaning he is no longer associated with the Wings.

Yeah Liv's gone back to Sweden. The Wings still maintain his rights (I believe he was tendered a qualifying offer, so that makes him a Group IV FA like Bykov was) Maybe the money's better there than in the AHL.

Berkhoel will be going to GR as Howard's backup (or starting in Flint depending on how Pelletier fares during camp). He saw some NHL action as a Thrasher, but he was also the 5th goalie in their system at the time (their goaltenders had problems that year) and spent most of last season in the ECHL (I believe). As it stands right now, he won't project to anything beyond a reserve goaltender that the highest level. Yet he does have NHL experience, so in a system that lost 3 depth goalies in a year (McIntyre, MacDonald, and now Liv) it was ultimately a good pickup.

Also I am pretty sure not 100% but that I read that Liv was going back to his motherland which I think is sweden or finland.

He was adopted by a Swe couple so he's going back to Sweden. Incidentally he discovered his biological mommy during last season. She's Polish - the question of a motherland is veird...