• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zata40

Sabres to Host Game Outdoors

Rate this topic

I do not remember the actual temperature on New Years, but about 4-10 days before Christmas is was around 55 degrees in Alpena, MI when I was hunting....

With the weather being so whacky the last couple years, setting a date and having the weather cold enough is a high risk in my eyes. It worked great in Canada when they did it, but that is also farther West and North from Metro Detroit or even Buffalo or Pitts.

Edited by Rivalred

Seriously? The NHL just doesn't get it. What in the world do they think most people are watching on New Year's Day? It's a sporting event, but it sure isn't hockey.

*EDIT* Ahhh wait, both of these articles are from July 10th, when the talk of this was first brought up. Nothing new to report and certainly not official

Edited by scsgoal31

Seriously? The NHL just doesn't get it. What in the world do they think most people are watching on New Year's Day? It's a sporting event, but it sure isn't hockey.

*EDIT* Ahhh wait, both of these articles are from July 10th, when the talk of this was first brought up. Nothing new to report and certainly not official

Well they are trying to figure how to make ice for their football stadium.

Well they are trying to figure how to make ice for their football stadium.

Thats not hard at all. Just do what Michigan State did for the Cold War. There are companys that you can rent an outdoor ice sheet from, and they will come about a week before and set it up and that also will allow the two teams to have a couple of practices to get used to the bounces from the boards and glass.

What a piss poor day to pick for the game. Going up against college bowl games does not equal good ratings. I think the game will do fine for attendance, since neither Buffalo or Pittsburgh are college football cities and the two cities are pretty close to each other.

Really, they should have saved this and done it the week between the conference championship games and the Superbowl.