• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GVSUhockey

NEW LIGHTNING JERSEYS

Rate this topic

http://lightning.nhl.com/

earlier today tampa unveiled their new gear....check em out

Ok not too bad, but I did see a Lightning jersey that was on the logos tournament that looked like s***!! It had a cloud with a Bolt of Lightning coming out of the bottom of the cloud, with the Blue, Black and Silver colors, I was affraid that was the jersey they would choose.

Best new jerseys I have seen so far.. Wonder what the aways look like

I feel like am taking crazy pills...i dont like them at all.. Granted - you cant do much with a heinous lighting logo as it is - but these just look silly.

The only neat part is the Numbering (ala Buffalo and NYI) on the away jerseys....weird how they just have them on the whites though..

I think they and almost all of the other new jerseys are really horrible. There better be a noticeable change in play to put up with such a festival of crap!! And who cares if the jerseys retain less sweat - have they changed all of the pads? Those retain more sweat than anything!! Sheesh - I just turned thirty and feel like I'm completely disconnected - or else everyone really is taking crazy pills!!

Well opinions seems to be completely a hit or miss based on what I have read from Lightning fans.

Personally I think the new jerseys are very modern, simplistic, and sharp looking (minus the numbers being placed in the front much like the Islanders...). I am wondering how the socks play into the new design? It could be exciting to see the socks design have a similar effect to what was worn in the World Juniors with the color differentiation having a vertical rather than horizontal orientation, but with a slight tapered effect playing off the repeating jagged elements from the revised logo.

IPB Image

Edited by Erack82

I really like them, it's a good look.

the only thing i don't like is the striped armpits, that's very strange. It will be funny to look at when players put there arms up. :P

IPB Image

Those are actually pretty nice. I like the logo a lot better than their old one. The coloring on the jerseys could be a little better but overall I like them.

Why are there stripes under the armpits though? That looks silly