• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lebda4Pres

Markov offered 1.5 this time

Rate this topic

Guest Lebda4Pres

"Others are getting antsy, like Markov, probably the best of the rest. He was a top-four guy with the Detroit Red Wings during the 2007 playoffs, albeit because injuries forced Niklas Kronwall and Mathieu Schneider to the sidelines. Markov still wants about $2.5 million a year, but the Red Wings offered about $1.5 million and he balked. That's not very smart when Chris Chelios is making $850,000. Markov's only options now seem to be returning to Russia. Again, not that palatable for a definite NHLer."

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/s...05b8549&p=2

"Others are getting antsy, like Markov, probably the best of the rest. He was a top-four guy with the Detroit Red Wings during the 2007 playoffs, albeit because injuries forced Niklas Kronwall and Mathieu Schneider to the sidelines. Markov still wants about $2.5 million a year, but the Red Wings offered about $1.5 million and he balked. That's not very smart when Chris Chelios is making $850,000. Markov's only options now seem to be returning to Russia. Again, not that palatable for a definite NHLer."

Yeah with the cap, some of these mid level guys in their early 30's have to take what they can get.

According to MLive the only offer given to Markov was for 2.5 and he wanted close to 4. And I think Wings still have space to take him at 2.5.

MLive Snapshots blog

Guest Crymson

I'd like to have him back,but not for four million

I'd take him for $1.5m. He could take the pay cut in exchange for filling a roster spot that we could use to develop young guys.

Guest DetroitIan

He wants 2.5M. We want to offer 1.5M. I say lets just compromise and give him a 2M deal. Lets get this done. Our defense will look so promising with Markov in the mix.

He wants 2.5M. We want to offer 1.5M. I say lets just compromise and give him a 2M deal. Lets get this done. Our defense will look so promising with Markov in the mix.

my thoughts exactly... i sure hope he signs, hes a simmering pot of water waiting to boil over... the right guy tickles that itch and hes ready to scratch the face off em... i love that.

Wait. I thought the offer was 2.5 mil, and he wanted 3.5-4 mil. I thought the paper screwed up? In this market, Danny is worth more than 1.5, but I don't think he's worth 3.5 for sure. I would be ok with 2.5. That's fair.

Guest DetroitIan

I would be fine with a 2-2.5M deal. This would be a move that will definitely solidify our defensive core. Even if we were to lose Kronner again, I would still be totally pleased with the guys we still have. Adding Markov just adds that much more depth to our D. I am still crossing my fingers that this deal will get done.