• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Kp-Wings

Remaining free agent update

Rate this topic

At the expense of who? I don't see how it would be worth it to sign either of them to a one year contract at the expense of someone like Kopecky.

I don't want either Lindros or O'Neill, but why are people so protective of Kopecky's roster spot. What potential does he have except for the fact that he's 6'3, and he isn't exactly a wrecking ball out there for that size. As far as this list goes, all these players are unsingned for a good reason. Either they're washed up, or have a history of injuries.

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything- I didn't see McCarty on the list. Is he still looking or has he decided to retire? Is anyone looking at him?

I'm not trying to start a "bring back Mac" thread. I'm just curious for old times' sake.

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything- I didn't see McCarty on the list. Is he still looking or has he decided to retire? Is anyone looking at him?

I'm not trying to start a "bring back Mac" thread. I'm just curious for old times' sake.

I only listed notable guys, meaning guys who still have something to give, or have been lusted for on here this summer. McCarty, as much as we all love him, is pretty much a washed up fourth liner.

What do you guys think about Jason Allison? Hes had a pretty rough stretch the past few years with injuries, but when he plays, hes averaging almost a point a game, and he was also a physical player, also averaging about a minute a game. I know he had a neck injury which was pretty severe, and to be honest I have no idea whether or not hes healed, so does anyone have any info on this guy or have any opinions on him?

NO, NO, NO.

Glaciers are faster than Allison and he's proven to be a paycheck player. The only thing he'd be good for is the PP, but ours is fine.

Allison is one of a very select, small group of players that were actually built better for the old clutch-and-grab NHL. With all the obstruction slowing players down, the game was slowed down to his level. But now that it's so much quicker, Allison would be better served as a water boy. He is no longer an NHL talent. His last season, with the Leafs, he recorded 60 points but over 40 of them came on the PP. He's completely useless at even strength - Paris Hilton kind of uselessness.

NO, NO, NO.

Glaciers are faster than Allison and he's proven to be a paycheck player. The only thing he'd be good for is the PP, but ours is fine.

Allison is one of a very select, small group of players that were actually built better for the old clutch-and-grab NHL. With all the obstruction slowing players down, the game was slowed down to his level. But now that it's so much quicker, Allison would be better served as a water boy. He is no longer an NHL talent. His last season, with the Leafs, he recorded 60 points but over 40 of them came on the PP. He's completely useless at even strength - Paris Hilton kind of uselessness.

In his 2005-06 season with the leafs, he scored 21 points in 66 games and 792:23 at ES. Compared to Jarome Iginla that same season, who scored 33 ES points in 82 games and 1103:13. Allison's scoring rate per minute played results in 29 points over Iginla's ice time. Allison and Iginla are both pretty crappy defensively...so is Iginla useless at even strength also? Add to that the fact that Allison's 39 PP points, projects over Iginla's minutes to 46, meaning a total of 75 points. Now, you might say 'well you can't project differences in minutes' except that Allison's actual per-game projection over 82 games works out to 26 ESP and 48 PPP, which totals 74 points. Pretty damn good numbers for someone who is useless.

My concern with Allison is the same as Forsberg...

Health!!

Allison can not be any slower than say a guy like, I don't know Hull's speed.

I know Hull left the league because he was struggling in the new NHL, but there is a big difference between a 40 year old and a 32 being "too slow"

I would pass on Allison, just like Lindros, Forsberg, and the other health risks.

Speaking of kings players in health risks, what happened to Deadmarsh?

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Opie

My concern with Allison is the same as Forsberg...

Health!!

Allison can not be any slower than say a guy like, I don't know Hull's speed.

I know Hull left the league because he was struggling in the new NHL, but there is a big difference between a 40 year old and a 32 bing "too slow"

I would pass on Allison, just like Lindros, Forsberg, and the other health risks.

Speaking of kings players in health risks, what happened to Deadmarsh?

Didn't Deader retire a few years back because of concussions?

Didn't Deader retire a few years back because of concussions?

That is what I thought but wasn't sure and thought some one would know before I could google it.

And I was right thanks to Eva

Deader retired

Retired in '05!

In his 2005-06 season with the leafs, he scored 21 points in 66 games and 792:23 at ES. Compared to Jarome Iginla that same season, who scored 33 ES points in 82 games and 1103:13. Allison's scoring rate per minute played results in 29 points over Iginla's ice time. Allison and Iginla are both pretty crappy defensively...so is Iginla useless at even strength also? Add to that the fact that Allison's 39 PP points, projects over Iginla's minutes to 46, meaning a total of 75 points. Now, you might say 'well you can't project differences in minutes' except that Allison's actual per-game projection over 82 games works out to 26 ESP and 48 PPP, which totals 74 points. Pretty damn good numbers for someone who is useless.

That's all fine and good, but are you seriously implying Allison is worth his current asking price?

This isn't a salary arbitration hearing, so just his point totals alone shouldn't be looked at as a reason to give him 3-4 million a season. He's a huge defensive lieability, is (arguably) the slowest player in the league, and is injury prone. Point totals or not, he's not worth the money.

At the expense of who? I don't see how it would be worth it to sign either of them to a one year contract at the expense of someone like Kopecky.

No. This current roster needs a top 6 forward in some shape or form, and badly. Not that I would want any of the players on the current free agent market, but it's totally foolish to not do anything because Kopecky would lose his roster spot.

Kopecky has proved nothing, and is on this team for the sheer fact that he can't clear waivers because of his age. He should have to earn a spot. Filppula did, at all odds.

I only listed notable guys, meaning guys who still have something to give, or have been lusted for on here this summer. McCarty, as much as we all love him, is pretty much a washed up fourth liner.

Hasn't been lusted for........oh, I see, as a hockey player. Yes. Quite right. Well then. Thanks for clearing that up.

I do wish for his sake that he still had something in him; I'd love to see him back. Maybe we could get him on staff to give the younger boys enforcer lessons.

Back to the original topic, didn't Belfour decide to play in Sweden? Or am I mixed up?